• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolve Downloadable Content Plans Revealed

Its kinda sad that people are missing the more important part of this. Maps not being held back is a step worth applauding. They can sell all the skins and characters they want for all I care.

Phamit

yeah expected that the day one of the Devs said proudly that they designed the game with dlc in mind more than any other game before

Handy Fake

I've got this mental image of the base game just being a single hunter alone in the wilderness with not a beast or bird in sight, wandering around in the rain for a bit.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I can assume there'll be upgrade options on Steam for both DDEs as the base game has been pre-purchaseable for months now.

I didn't even bother to try to read over all this DLC, season pass, and exclusivity bullshit. I'm out.

Turtle Rock should know better.

Lest I forget in the midst of bashing the anti-consumer DLC piecemealing, I just wanted to add that the Behemoth trailer was pretty clever with the Indy homage.

CuNi

I basically just canceled my Pre-Order.
I do NOT support such behavior.
I mean this games LIVES of the fact that you have different Monsters and Hunters.. thats like the CORE of this game since it essentialy has nothing else to offer.
And yet they think its a good moneymaker to sell nearly 50% more as DLC or Special Editions... thats utterly unjustified IMHO.
So you can buy the full game for ~50$.. yeah.. cool but you only get half of the game for that.

PooBone

I think I'm gonna pass. All this DLC for an online-only game. Lots of other games to soak up my time and less of my money.

I mean this games LIVES of the fact that you have different Monsters and Hunters.. thats like the CORE of this game since it essentialy has nothing else to offer.
And yet they think its a good moneymaker to sell nearly 50% more as DLC or Special Editions... thats utterly unjustified IMHO.
So you can buy the full game for ~50$.. yeah.. cool but you only get half of the game for that.

Well, I mean... they're either selling new characters, new weapons, or new environments. There's no good way to do paid DLC in competitive multiplayer games.

Experien

Definitely cancelled my pre-order. This is a shame...

jelmerjt

Looool. Horrible:

We can’t drive this part home enough: If you are planning to buy the game, but are skittish about pre-purchase, don’t be. As soon as the clock strikes midnight on 2/10/15, the FREE Monster Expansion Pack bonus goes away and it will run you over$14.99 to buy Behemoth, the fourth Monster, and the Savage Goliath skin after the fact. Think of it as us buying the first round for you. As a thank you.

http://evolvegame.com/news/the-evolve-digital-versions-breakdown

sensi97

I hope they also include a history book with that PC Monster Race edition so people learn where that meme comes from.

madjoki

Well, I mean... they're either selling new characters, new weapons, or new environments. There's no good way to do paid DLC in competitive multiplayer games.

If there's no good way, why do at all? I mean it's full priced game. MP-only, which I assume is cheaper than campaign based single player games.

Top Bottom