• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ex-GameTrailers staff announce new project EasyAllies

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
RSxThXz.png

Kyle mentioned on twitch chat about his show.

I think everyone knows that The Final Bosman is among the most well-loved and missed things after the collapse of Gametrailers. They aren`t addressing it for a reason.

Maybe he intends to do his own thing and have his own YouTube show, while he participates with Easy Allies on the side. Maybe he has a non-compete and can`t have his own show for a while.

I`m sure we`ll hear something eventually.

EDIT: Like right now. Right on, Bosman!

Wooooooo! I was hoping he'd do this. Thanks Kyle for appeasing your fans!

Sheroking

I'm confused how this is going to work.

You would think a Final Bosman show pushed into the Easy Allies name would help escalate the Patreon a lot higher.

Unless Bosman monetizes his show on YouTube for himself, giving him his own income and relieving Easy Allies of the burden of trying to pay an actual, livable salary to one more dude.

The way I see EZA is it'll be the wu-tang of game sites. Each has some side projects but they all collab at home base for albums too. And the bigger the funding the more they can collaborate

GameTrailers was good, but EasyAllies is for the children.

Brandon Jones aka The JZA aka The Jonius

Daniel Bloodworth aka The BZA aka Bloody Digital

Ben Moore aka Method Moore aka Benny Blaze

Kyle Bosman aka Bosface Kylah aka Bosdini

Michael Huber aka Ol' Dirty Huberd aka Hype McMike

Bradley Ellis aka Chef Braekwon aka Ellex Diamonds

Ian Hinck aka Ianspectah Heck aka The Rebel INH

They form like Voltron.

Wagram

They're already getting press coverage with Kotaku covering their announcement. I hope this takes off and i'll likely pledge some amount as well.

Pledged..
I also am kind of happy to hear that Final Bosman is it's own thing, thought it was overrated and wasn't really what brought me back to the site

They're already getting press coverage with Kotaku covering their announcement. I hope this takes off and i'll likely pledge some amount as well.

This is super important and makes me happy. The more these websites point them out, the quicker their success will become. It's free advertisement to the masses.

YES!

I'm confused how this is going to work.

You would think a Final Bosman show pushed into the Easy Allies name would help escalate the Patreon a lot higher.

Maybe he got a deal with another gaming site? Doing the EasyAllies stuff on the side, but continuing Final Bosman on a Gamespot or Polygon?

Erevador

As someone who's been covered on Kotaku, it's a great thing because the rest of the internet rips their content off and it spreads all over the place.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Patreon is still Processing my pledge, it shows in my profile that I pledged tho.

Should I just close that window ?

That's what I did and it registered. Not sure what was up, but it seems to have turned out fine.

sappyday

I'm assuming that Damiani's show needs that much because he's already working full time somewhere else? I hope they at least reach the review tier.

Erevador

It'll be really interesting to see how well this does over time. Seeing formerly huge sites like GameTrailers be able to live on in this way would really symbolize a new model for how things could be in the future.

It's so strange adjusting to how quickly all of this is changing. When Joystiq closed down last year it really felt like the beginning of the end for the traditional online games press, and GameTrailers just drove that home even more.

I wish these things would do a real website instead of just twitch and youtube channels.

Making a website like Kotaku or Gametrailers really is a fools errand these days. Youtube and Twitch is a far cheaper way to get an upstart than having to host a server and uploading videos to that server. On the flip side monetization is easier for big sites unlike youtube/twitch, but patreon fills in that void.

Wagram

The funny thing is Lightning is the one who sparks Jones motivation to bring them all back. Give her credit for once folks.

Erevador

Making a website like Kotaku or Gametrailers really is a fools errand these days. Youtube and Twitch is a far cheaper way to get an upstart than having to host a server and uploading videos to that server. On the flip side monetization is easier for big sites unlike youtube/twitch, but patreon fills in that void.
Huge model shift is happening. Crazy to witness it. It'll be interesting to see how the economics of it work out in the longterm.

Here's this weeks streaming schedule. It's so great that my old routine is back

Monday, March 21st
12PM PT - 12AM PT | 12 HOUR LAUNCH PARTY
The new era of Easy Allies begins with a live event marathon!
Join the entire Easy Allies crew as we celebrate live stretch goals, play some of our favorite games, and really just revel in our newfound independence.

Tuesday, March 22nd
6PM PT - 9PM PT | GROUP STREAM
Perfect Dark/The Division/Pokken -- Patrons' Pick!

Wednesday, March 23rd
6PM PT - 8PM PT | Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
Mike Huber
8PM PT - 10PT PT | Dragon Quest Builders
Ben Moore

Thursday, March 24th
8PM PT - 10PM PT | TrackMania Turbo
Daniel Bloodworth
10PM PT - 12AM PT | Salt and Sanctuary
Brad Ellis

Friday, March 25th
6PM - 9PM | Wind Waker HD REDEMPTION STREAM
Michael Damiani

Monday, March 28th
9PM PT - 12PM PT | DUMB GAME MONDAY
The Conclusion of G-Force
(Bring red & blue 3D glasses)
then
Patrons choose the next Dumb Game!
(Kyle Bosman)

Minions

Man... This Patreon is blowing up. Already up to 2222. Much deserved. Hopefully they can get a decent chunk of change each month to assist with funding.

Even if you just work a part time job, just throw them AT LEAST an hour of your time their way, as you will spending many hours watching their content.

Even if you just work a part time job, just throw them AT LEAST an hour of your time their way, as you will spending many hours watching their content.
That's what I did, can't wait! I honestly just needed the podcast back in my life, but the more the merrier. And we need to fix that Wind Waker score, so they're gonna need at least $15,000.

"Processing your pledge now..."

Patreon won't let me give them my money!
Check your mail, it might have gone through!

Top Bottom