• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ex-GameTrailers staff announce new project EasyAllies

Huge model shift is happening. Crazy to witness it. It'll be interesting to see how the economics of it work out in the longterm.

Really, all they need is to constantly add to their base of fans who'd be willing to spend on them. As long as they can keep making fresh content that attracts new viewers and appeases old viewers, than a patreon-based project can last potentially forever. Using Youtube/Twitch as their avenues also lowers costs on their end.

It is interesting to see where this type of model will go..

wapplew

Here's this weeks streaming schedule. It's so great that my old routine is back

Monday, March 21st
12PM PT - 12AM PT | 12 HOUR LAUNCH PARTY
The new era of Easy Allies begins with a live event marathon!
Join the entire Easy Allies crew as we celebrate live stretch goals, play some of our favorite games, and really just revel in our newfound independence.

Tuesday, March 22nd
6PM PT - 9PM PT | GROUP STREAM
Perfect Dark/The Division/Pokken -- Patrons' Pick!

Wednesday, March 23rd
6PM PT - 8PM PT | Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
Mike Huber
8PM PT - 10PT PT | Dragon Quest Builders
Ben Moore

Thursday, March 24th
8PM PT - 10PM PT | TrackMania Turbo
Daniel Bloodworth
10PM PT - 12AM PT | Salt and Sanctuary
Brad Ellis

Friday, March 25th
6PM - 9PM | Wind Waker HD REDEMPTION STREAM
Michael Damiani

Monday, March 28th
9PM PT - 12PM PT | DUMB GAME MONDAY
The Conclusion of G-Force
(Bring red & blue 3D glasses)
then
Patrons choose the next Dumb Game!
(Kyle Bosman)

So they stream in their own place?

Aters

I'm so happy that they are doing this. Also nice to know that this is not full time jobs.
So glad to see Kyle and Ben back, especially Ben. Tried to watch Kinda Funny the other day, found a video about Persona. It amazed that they talked about it for such a long time without knowing anything about the franchise.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Hell yes Brandon & Co.!!!!!!

This is great news, and I can tell already that EasyAllies will be a new go-to for sweet tradeshow coverage, awesome shows and most importantly, best reviews with the best VO in gaming, Mr Jones!!

Stoked :)

Man... This Patreon is blowing up. Already up to 2222. Much deserved. Hopefully they can get a decent chunk of change each month to assist with funding.

Oh wow. I didn't see when the thread was created so I thought the ~$1k they had 20 minutes ago was something they'd got in a few hours.. More like few minutes.

Good to see them doing well with this, I mainly just watched Final Bosman on Gametrailers but I usually enjoyed them whenever I checked out something else on the site.

Minions

So they stream in their own place?

Would be hella cost effective. I don't see any issues with most streams being on a person-by-person basis, except for the group content.

Oh wow. I didn't see when the thread was created so I thought the ~$1k they had 20 minutes ago was something they'd got in a few hours.. More like few minutes.

Good to see them doing well with this, I mainly just watched Final Bosman on Gametrailers, but I usually enjoyed them whenever I checked out something else on the site.

It is in the middle of the night too. I'm sure once people wake up it will really be on fire during their 12 hour stream.

rardk64

As someone who missed out on a lot of the GT stuff, I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes! I'll definitely be checking out the podcast.

Also looking forward to the Bosman show on the side!

dmr87

Heeeere we go.

untitled-1mkr6p.gif

I'm so happy they're back. Not a big fan of the new name but I can deal with that instead of not having my podcast. Guess it's time to make a Patreon account.

Uhyve

Here's this weeks streaming schedule. It's so great that my old routine is back

Monday, March 21st
12PM PT - 12AM PT | 12 HOUR LAUNCH PARTY
The new era of Easy Allies begins with a live event marathon!
Join the entire Easy Allies crew as we celebrate live stretch goals, play some of our favorite games, and really just revel in our newfound independence.

Tuesday, March 22nd
6PM PT - 9PM PT | GROUP STREAM
Perfect Dark/The Division/Pokken -- Patrons' Pick!

Wednesday, March 23rd
6PM PT - 8PM PT | Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
Mike Huber
8PM PT - 10PT PT | Dragon Quest Builders
Ben Moore

Thursday, March 24th
8PM PT - 10PM PT | TrackMania Turbo
Daniel Bloodworth
10PM PT - 12AM PT | Salt and Sanctuary
Brad Ellis

Friday, March 25th
6PM - 9PM | Wind Waker HD REDEMPTION STREAM
Michael Damiani

Monday, March 28th
9PM PT - 12PM PT | DUMB GAME MONDAY
The Conclusion of G-Force
(Bring red & blue 3D glasses)
then
Patrons choose the next Dumb Game!
(Kyle Bosman)
Could someone make one of those images that updates with how long it is until the stream? I'm confused about how long it is until their launch party.

Is it just less than 30 minutes?

DKHF

I pledged $10. Hopefully as people in Europe start waking up now and when people on the US east coast wake up in a few hours (those with 9-5 type jobs) they can get a big boost. It will be awesome if they can hit $10k+.

I'm in for $5 per month. I will always support these guys! I'm so fucking happy they are all back!!!!

Edit - officially backed for $5 per month. Now I have all of my gaming news covered - GAF for discussion and Easy Allies for reviews/streams/shows/everything else.

viveks86

This is so cool! Happy for them. With this, Kindafunny and Jim Sterling (and some Angry Joe on the side), I'd probably never have to visit a big gaming website again. At least whatever remains of them...

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know how happy I am by the use of the word "very casual", but okay, sounds good enough for now.

I think Bosman is trying to lower expectations. I get the feeling that he might be a bit of a perfectionist, so even if it's lower effort, I still expect quality. Maybe things aren't fully scripted, but I guess we'll still get more or less the same show as Final Bosman but with lower production values.

Wagram

I wonder how much they need for them to do it full time, my guess is atleast over 100k

That's a bit high. Don't forget that in addition to the Patreon support they'll still receive support within the industry (review copies, possible scoops, etc) as well as ad revenue and promotional deals like KindaFunny does.

This is still in the infancy stages so it's understandable that there is still skepticism, but if you really want them around in the long term then pony up.

Side note: as of 2:45 A.M the average pledge is $11.13.

Jenotron

Banned
I hope they can get enough funding to pull this off. Donating just for the return of Kyle Bosman would be worth it. Currently on $3,000. Judging on their Youtube numbers I'm not sure how many people they're going to attract. I know Kinda Funny which appeals directly to idiots has a big audience and pushes $38,000.

Top Bottom