• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F-ZERO (SNES) is 30 cents FEB 20th to MAR 21st on the Wii U eShop

Madao

this would be also a good chance to ask in Miiverse for a re-release of BS F-Zero 2 since that never showed on Wii's VC.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Where was all this noise when the Wii and PS3 were doing it? I mean yeah it kinda sucks, but it's been the standard for six years now. People should've been complaining when this stuff started, not now that 50hz is entrenched.

Not gonna stop me from buying titles I'm interested in anyway. Played through Super Metroid on my PAL cart last year and enjoyed the experience all the same.

I've been bitching about this since 2006.

Effect

I bought Balloon Fight just because. I really can't bring myself to get F-Zero even with it being 30 cents. I never liked the SNES version and I already have it on my 3DS as it was one of the ambassador games. Played it a few times and still didn't like it.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
This is really awesome .

Why nintendo not making Virtual consoles games with same price?

This is reasonable price to get any game i love to have.

To be strong competitors with App store & Android store.
I feel the same way. Problem is that it really is a special celebration. They'll be back to charging $5.99+ soon enough.

I think $2 per old game would be fair. I think it'd be dangerous for my wallet, actually.

I bought Balloon Fight just because. I really can't bring myself to get F-Zero even with it being 30 cents. I never liked the SNES version and I already have it on my 3DS as it was one of the ambassador games. Played it a few times and still didn't like it.
3DS Ambassador version wasn't the SNES game. It was the GBA sequel.

FLAguy954

Japan has the Super Famicom Fire Emblem. Downloaded it and will check it out later. Hope it's good.

Already getting my fill of the others on my 3DS XL:

7853338030_7223b27553_b.jpg

7853335110_bef62ac8cc_b.jpg

I've been bitching about this since 2006.

I'm talking the big "omg y vc 50hz" complaining en mass threatening to not buy shit thing people are pulling now like it was some new thing.

Is it HDMI being the system's default output meaning that you need to go out of your way to use the system on a telly that doesn't do 60hz? Miiverse giving them somewhere they can congregate and feel like they're actually going to be heard by Nintendo?

50hz is the reality of things and they're waking up to it too late.

Punch-Out is next. Then Super Metroid

Kirby's Adventure is after Punch-Out, then Super Metroid.

The only F-Zero I played was GX and I wasn't good enough to play it properly. The thirty cent barrier is low enough for me to give the original a try. Heck, since I got Mario U and it's free for me I might as well get all of them except Balloon Fight and Yoshi.

Effect

3DS Ambassador version wasn't the SNES game. It was the GBA sequel.

Aren't they pretty much the same thing in the end though?

I do remember renting the SNES version. Then I didn't play the GBA one until it was released as the ambassador game. I reminded me of what I played when I was younger and the GBA one felt similar. Do they not in the end and I'm looking at this wrong?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious

I do remember renting the SNES version. Then I didn't play the GBA one until it was released as the ambassador game. I reminded me of what I played when I was younger and the GBA one felt similar. Do they not in the end and I'm looking at this wrong?
They are pretty similar in graphics/playstyle. It's just entirely possible that you would hate one and like the other.

hatchx

Banned
I consider this a brilliant move on Nintendo's part, and I'd greatly encourage this to be a permanent promotion all through the Wii U's lifetime; a classic videogame each month at 30 cents, how does that sound? I'd get everything at that price!
The GamePad is a thing of beauty to play these oldies, playing Balloon Fight on it as opposed to play the Ambassador's version on the 3DS, it was night and day. Cannot wait until they confirm N64 games. Mario Kart 64 on bed...

It's not going to last forever.

Dang0

Never played an F-Zero game before, one of the few Ninty series i've never tried. Looking forward to changing that tomorrow.

IrishNinja

wow, 50hz is a mess, really sorry for our EU gaffers on that one...someone got screwed worse than us missing earthbound & the great JP ones

It's actually

MAR - Punch Out! Featuring Mr Dream
APR - Kirby's Adventure
MAY - Super Metroid
JUN - Yoshi (NES)
JUL - Donkey Kong (NES)

see i have F-zero and most of those on cart, and im still gonna buy em cause fuck THIRTY CENTS MAN

Cheapening the value of great SNES games. Thanks Nintendo.

wario is the real reason we're not getting earthbound, folks

The 50hz annoyance at least from me comes from the fact that the f**king system ships with HDMI cables now.

Then they try and pass off the BS "Not all TVs support it so we can't give you proper VC sorry lol!" excuse when we all know it just comes down to cost/laziness/whatever.

They're comfortable enough in the fact that people can hook the WHOLE SYSTEM to the TV out of the box AT ALL but still worried 'most TVs' don't support NTSC/60. :|

Uh huh. >_>

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Looking forward to actually playing this game. All I used balloon fight for was to test the emulation features as the actual game isn't even worth playing for free now.

GRW810

Will get

That F-Zero miiverse is gonna be full of people begging for a new one lol
Absolutely, and Nintendo will be insane not to pay attention. With the eShop they could at the very least make a £10/$15 arcade-type F-Zero to keep fans happy.

Though an F-Zero on 3DS with online races and StreetPass for lap times and ghost data would be day one for me.

Madao

the games are only similar on the surface. the feel very different once you actually play them. the GBA game has more stuff that you need to do to play well like tapping the accelerator a lot to take corners well.

i'm still baffled that there's people who think the SNES and GBA games are the same. there is a lot more in common between the original Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart Super Circuit than between these 2 F-Zero games and yet i don't see people confusing those MK games.

So 50Hz is confirmed?

No, but why would it not be? 50hz has been the digital distribution ROM/ISO dump standard for six or seven years now and you'd better get used to it. The Miiverse stuff is the equivalent of people complaining on a message board.

Your options are buying these 50hz versions or importing either a US/JP Wii U or original US/JP hardware and games.

Linkhero1

I hope this indicates a new F-Zero is being considered. With this and F-Zero in Nintendoland, it seems like they're testing the waters for F-Zero.

Megatron

I was planning to buy this at the end if the month. Was going to get a wiiU when Rayman came out. Now I think I'm waiting for E3....

Top Bottom