• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F-ZERO (SNES) is 30 cents FEB 20th to MAR 21st on the Wii U eShop

Aren't they pretty much the same thing in the end though?

I do remember renting the SNES version. Then I didn't play the GBA one until it was released as the ambassador game. I reminded me of what I played when I was younger and the GBA one felt similar. Do they not in the end and I'm looking at this wrong?

I really liked the SNES version...played the GBA version on my 3DS and it just didn't feel right to me at all.

Is wednesday the usual day for US eshop update? On EU eshop it says that the Balloon Fight deal is offeres 'till the 21st, so I expect it to be replaced by F-Zero tomorrow (can't wait).

Robin64

Eurogamer have now removed the line about no Gamepad off-TV play. Looks like it was just confusion. Hooray!

sakipon

Is wednesday the usual day for US eshop update? On EU eshop it says that the Balloon Fight deal is offeres 'till the 21st, so I expect it to be replaced by F-Zero tomorrow (can't wait).

Check the OP. Balloon Fight is supposed to be up until tomorrow but F-Zero is scheduled for 20th. Thursday is the regular update time, then you'll get the rest of the stuff.

radcliff

I honestly hate that the VC library is going to have this trickle release schedule again just like Wii and it's started from nothing again.

Just put out everything that is already on the Wii VC for fuck's sake Nintendo.

And before the predictable "bubububu u can still play those gaems in wii mode dur dur", the aspect ratio is fucked in Wii mode thanks to the HD upscaling and cropping preventing us from getting a proper 4:3 aspect ratio on those games.

I can play my Wii VC games on Wii U in 4:3 with no problem at all. I just go to the "screen settings" option on my TV and change it from "widescreen" to "normal." Your TV doesn't give you similar options?

DjRoomba

Banned
I have not much interest in ancient games but I guess I will still buy all this crap for 30c. Ive bought worse for my ipod for a little more..

Banned
I have not much interest in ancient games but I guess I will still buy all this crap for 30c. Ive bought worse for my ipod for a little more..

prince-controversy-8415.jpg

Eric C

OP doesn't adress the different regions though and I assumed it is US centric.

The dates are the same across all regions. Though Japan does get a different game this month and next month.

Last month's deal expires the day AFTER the new deal starts.

F-ZERO is supposed to be up sometime today, the 20th. When today? I don't know. Is it up on the Europe/UK shops yet?

BigAT

The WiiU VC and Wii VC are separate things, correct? As only an owner of a Wii, I can't get this for $0.30?

prag16

Banned
Gotta build up that F-Zero WiiUX and F-Zero 3DX hype Nintendo!

or not =\

It's possible...

F-Zero was featured in Nintendoland, and now this VC release...

...Though the same can be said for Balloon Trip. Upcoming "Balloon Trip U" CONFIRMED.

Definitely picking this game up tonight. Remember getting so hooked on it in the early days of the SNES. Looked amazing for it's time, and is still fun to play.

Tim-E

I hope tons of people buy this and bomb the Miiverse page asking for a new entry in the series. Give it to Monster Games!

Top Bottom