• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F-ZERO (SNES) is 30 cents FEB 20th to MAR 21st on the Wii U eShop

Aren't they pretty much the same thing in the end though?

No.

The SNES game is leagues better than the GBA versions, IMO. It controlled like a dream whereas the GBA games were MUCH more "slippery" and hard to control. I never cared for the GBA F-Zero games despite loving the original. SNES version has fantastic music which is again better than the GBA versions.

Eusis

Is this the best non free deal ever? I can't begin to think of a game where it is priced so cheaply without being free yet the value is so insane. I thought getting dark souls for 10 bucks was insane, but this is off the charts.
They'll top it with Super Metroid soon enough.

... Though Beyond Good & Evil DID come for free with string cheese up in Canada, but that'd have to treat the string cheese as part of that price.

but it wont be the wiiu version they just posted?

Which brings you back to:

There are three options:

1. Play it at no additional charge in Wii Mode (ew)

2. Wait for the VC to launch officially, then you can upgrade it to the Wii U version for $1.50

3. Buy it standalone for 30 cents now

Edit:

F-Zero Maximum Velocity has awesome music too. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2km0uAV0vpY

But yeah, F-Zero (SNES) is definitely the superior game.

Loved both, but if we wanna talk best music and best F-Zero we have to go here:

Join me and play the air guitar!

They'll top it with Super Metroid soon enough.

... Though Beyond Good & Evil DID come for free with string cheese up in Canada, but that'd have to treat the string cheese as part of that price.

And even if you do treat string cheese as part of the price, I still think fzero is a better deal (although its impossible to compare such disparate genres)

And yeah, I just realised I should probably include those name your own price things as not allowed. If for whatever reason EA put up the old Westwood games at name your own pricing, getting red alert 2 for a penny would be intense.

Chopper

Eff that. I bought this in 1991, it should be free!
lol

There are three options:

1. Play it at no additional charge in Wii Mode (ew)

2. Wait for the VC to launch officially, then you can upgrade it to the Wii U version for $1.50

3. Buy it standalone for 30 cents now

If I choose to do C, but already own it in Wii Mode, when B rolls around, will they "merge"? Or will the upgrade purchase take place in Wii Mode and remain a separate entity?

Good choice, but my favorite track from F-Zero X is Devil's Forest. >:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOnXiT6hlgc

And i have a soft spot for Port Town and Death Wind (both SNES)

36a70Um.gif

Awesome choice! Nintendo needs more Death Metal in their games, that's for sure!

SiskoKid

lol

[/b]
If I choose to do C, but already own it in Wii Mode, when B rolls around, will they "merge"? Or will the upgrade purchase take place in Wii Mode and remain a separate entity?

I don't think it's been confirmed, but I imagine if someone were to do option 2, all Nintendo is scanning for is the previous purchase. I doubt they will delete the Wii version for the Wii U version. Meaning I bet both copies exist separately.

Which means that option 3 is an extension of that. If you buy the 30 cent version, and you transfer your Wii version over, they don't merge.

Pineconn

Er, that's not a very tasteful choice of GIFs...

White Land II is stupid. I like how there's no indication that you have to hold D-down to make it over the jump.

Chopper

I don't think it's been confirmed, but I imagine if someone were to do option 2, all Nintendo is scanning for is the previous purchase. I doubt they will delete the Wii version for the Wii U version. Meaning I bet both copies exist separately.

Which means that option 3 is an extension of that. If you buy the 30 cent version, and you transfer your Wii version over, they don't merge.
That's what I thought. I don't know if the OCD in me is happy with that.

oatmeal

Banned
Picked it up, playd the first four races.

Never really got into FZero, I played a decent amount of GX on the Cube but it was too hard.

Enjoying it so far.

I love this Virtual Console compared to the 3DS/Wii. Being able to map buttons makes it...but the SNES maps perfectly anyways.

The fucking B/A buttons on the 3DS are NOT how those games need to be played. I play Super Mario Land with my index and middle finger because of how uncomfy it is (and I'm on an XL).

meppi

Your sarcasm detector is broken.

I already bought the game today. 30 cents is a steal.

Lol. It actually went off a couple minutes too late. :)

It certainly is getting a lot of work these days, especially with certain posts in this very thread that are hard to interpret at times. ;)
Having a bad case of the flu probably doesn't help me much either.

Evenflow

Ok this looks and plays amazing on the gamepad. Had this on the wii vc but never really touched it much, just wasn't the same. This sells the gamepad.. I feel like a kid again xmas 1991.

This game is age-proof. Where the heck does this concept of aging come from??! It is just as brilliant today as it was twenty years ago. Still the best F-Zero, just ahead of the Gamecube game.

Absolutely. People saying this game hasnt aged well are playing it wrong. Ive noticed that people claim nostalgia goggles but really its that they just dont know what they are looking for and dont know how to play something correctly. If some kid buys this game and just rides around a couple tracks thinking some kind of magic is going to grip him he will be disappointed. Theres an art to playing it perfectly, and its experience that makes knowing how its done, not nostalgia goggles.

Peagles

EU Eshop update is always late on Wednesday night. Pretty sure it's normally updated by around 10pm.

Wednesday night means nothing to me without a timezone lol. I've already done Wednesday night :p

Does this release coincide with a regular eShop update then? Or was it meant to be separate?

Eric C

Wednesday night means nothing to me without a timezone lol. I've already done Wednesday night :p

Does this release coincide with a regular eShop update then? Or was it meant to be separate?

It was separate for both US and Japan.

And the UK press release also mentioned the 20th, so I don't know why it's taking NoE so long.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Why can't you add needed funds on the Wii U eShop?

I don't want to put $10 into the store - just $0.30 ... You can do this on the 3DS eShop already.

Top Bottom