• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 console mods |OT| Mod peasants strike back

Really interested in this mod: https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/1390923
The Red Wave, a boat that takes you around the outskirts of the water ways

does it really disable achievements for any mod? I can understand god items and exploits/cheats but if I add in a grass mod, or a mod to fix a bug in the game that shouldn't disable achievements surely?

All achievements. Sony and Microsoft requested this. But even without that request, I can't see how Bethesda could police this if they had to do it selectively.

This went live 48 hours ago and right now, there are 1,020 Xbox One mods on there. They'd have to test each mod to ensure it didn't give a competitive advantage, it would kill the mod network.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Whats the mod names used to achieve the look below? Sorry if its been answered. Only ones I've got on now is Better Water, Ragdoll, Spring and Improved Blood.

pxYdDbt.jpg

Calibos

Really interested in this mod: https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/1390923
The Red Wave, a boat that takes you around the outskirts of the water ways

All achievements. Sony and Microsoft requested this. But even without that request, I can't see how Bethesda could police this if they had to do it selectively.

This went live 48 hours ago and right now, there are 1,020 Xbox One mods on there. They'd have to test each mod to ensure it didn't give a competitive advantage, it would kill the mod network.

I think it would be fairly easy to police it to some extent. There are already categories and infrastructure there for filtering. As far as "competitive advantage", it's a single player experience, so that limits some of the problem, and filtering cosmetic mods out would take care of most of the rest of MS and Sony's issues. I could see some cosmetics as helping the player see enemies sooner than they should being unfair...

Most likely though, the red tape and legal side of it is such a blanket thing that it will never change.

Jebusman

Banned
Any mods that make the game an RPG?

I congratulate you for making a real salty thread about this then proceeding to continue to be salty in a different thread.

To answer your question, I'm sure someone could design an entire overhaul mod to your specifications, but I don't know if it'll fit in under the 2GB console limit.

Also, I was wondering if it's possible for someone to make a mod that allows us to input the commands we can on PC, to activate individual cheats and spawn items...etc.

Would the console versions even have an accessible console? I'm sure someone could do one up that looked like it but considering most developers are concerned with how it plays on a controller.

Floody

Also, I was wondering if it's possible for someone to make a mod that allows us to input the commands we can on PC, to activate individual cheats and spawn items...etc.

There's a couple that let you spawn stuff through the Pip-boy called "Cheat Menu" and "Spawn Items". I don't think there's one that just straight up gives you console commands though.

So, where are those Doctor Who's mods? I expent my entire PC playthrough of New Vegas fast travelling with a TARDIS.

I want my TARDIS.

:

Gossi was saying a few pages before that he think he can make the console available in consoles. I guess he's working on it.

gossi

There's a couple that let you spawn stuff through the Pip-boy called "Cheat Menu" and "Spawn Items". I don't think there's one that just straight up gives you console commands though.

Yeah, Cheat Menu adds TLC (no collision) and TGM (God Mode). Spawn Items lets you spawn hundreds of almost anything, including enemies. I'm working on a PipBoy tape for console, but I'm not sure if Bethesda will lart me for it.

Roleplay mods - there are hundreds. Different conversation system, camping, etc etc. The only one I haven't seen yet is a pooping mod. I'm debating about making a Thomas Crapper mod.

By the way, if you're salty about a mod not existing, think about making it. These mods are getting millions of impressions, so if you want to do something in the gaming industry which lots of people will see with triple A game assets and world, DO IT.

Cess007

By the way, if you're salty about a mod not existing, think about making it. These mods are getting millions of impressions, so if you want to do something in the gaming industry which lots of people will see with triple A game assets and world, DO IT.

I DO! But have 0 experience on that and have no idea how to make them :(

Time to hit some Tutorials, i guess

gossi

I DO! But have 0 experience on that and have no idea how to make them :(

Time to hit some Tutorials, i guess

There's tons of brilliant YouTube videos, Wikis, books etc, and Creation Kit will run on PCs from 5 years ago. I know people who work for AAA developers who got those jobs from Skyrim and Fallout mods. I mean, Bethesda even put the mods on their main website and interview key creators. Mods coming to console really changes the field, by opening out creativity. My message to everybody is if you think you can do better than Bethesda, prove it.

gossi

Here's what the Full Dialogue Interface mod looks like:

548762b9-48f0-46cb-842f-559e4c7db3ec_preview_1079746_5258602926330765432_large.png

Three bits of news this evening:

- Xbox One mods are about to cross 50% of PC mods availability threshold.

- Seen first mod published for both XB1 and PS4. I guess PS4 might get a mod beta, or not be far off.

- Confirmed something technical - the mods are paged from disc on Xbox One. They use 2gb Reserved Space for mods, so technically this could be expanded (not that it's needed yet, as it would near impossible to hit 2gb used). Bethesda have said "right now" the limit is 2gb. For comparison Bethesda's Skyrim Workshop on PC launched with a 100mb (0.1gb) mod limit, and got expanded later.

Tagyhag

Has anyone created a working KOTOR Droid or KOTOR 2 droid replacement like say GOTO? Can find one if someone has.

Maybe I should dust off my old attempts at making the Black Hole robots in FO3 and get them updated.

So, where are those Doctor Who's mods? I expent my entire PC playthrough of New Vegas fast travelling with a TARDIS.

I want my TARDIS.

No copyright mods allowed.

It sucks but you have to understand what a legal nightmare that'd be.

tuco11

It would be awesome if Bethesda announced Skyrim remaster with same type of mod support for consoles at E3.

I need help!
I donwloaded the CatMeat mod but I don't remember where I left Dogmeat. I send him to one of my settlements but don't remember which one. How do I get it back?

Here's my mod list for those who don't want to sift through or find some cool mods:
Weightless Junk
Quick Hack and Pick
WET: Water Enhancement Textures
Fanfare level up! (FF7 level up theme)
Campsite
Loads of Ammo (Leveled Lists & NV style ammo)
Full Dialogue Interface
Tougher Vertibirds
Companion Infinite Ammo
PokeRest (Well rested sound swapped with Pokemon Center jingle)
Survival Saving - Holotapes
Simply Useful Dog Armor
Dogmeat's Backpack
Improved Map with Visible Roads
People are Strangers
MOON
Plenty o' Exploration
Better Vanilla Shotguns
Alternate Start - Infinite Answer (Role play mod to skip original intro)
Sanctuary Bridge Fix
Atomic Radio
Everyone's Best Friend (2 companions)
Classic SPECIAL (Spend 33 at beginning, cannot level up special)
Realistic Ragdoll Force
Improved Carry Weight
Real Nights (Doesn't look too good with Dynamic Pipboy lights imo)
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch
WRVR (Radio Station with Companion)

Edit: Do not recommend Weightless Junk with Inproved Carry Weight. Also, Real Night's pipboy shadows bug out so I would not recommend it to anybody who dislikes buggy lighting. Although, I would like to know if it's just happening to me.

ezekial45

Banned
Happy to see all you console guys are getting into the mod scene. With so much interest here, we could potentially see the amount of mods made from creators eclipse Skyrim's modded content.

The future is certainly bright.

Due to various bugs my character has a natural energy resist of -10 and is missing 20 lbs of carrying capacity. Are there any character editing mods or custom items i can use to remedy this?

psylah

What's the word on the homestead building, are there mods that remove the limits on how much you can build?

Here's my mod list for those who don't want to sift through or find some cool mods:
Weightless Junk
Quick Hack and Pick
WET: Water Enhancement Textures
Fanfare level up! (FF7 level up theme)
Campsite
Loads of Ammo (Leveled Lists & NV style ammo)
Full Dialogue Interface
Tougher Vertibirds
Companion Infinite Ammo
PokeRest (Well rested sound swapped with Pokemon Center jingle)
Survival Saving - Holotapes
Simply Useful Dog Armor
Dogmeat's Backpack
Improved Map with Visible Roads
People are Strangers
MOON
Plenty o' Exploration
Better Vanilla Shotguns
Alternate Start - Infinite Answer (Role play mod to skip original intro)
Sanctuary Bridge Fix
Atomic Radio
Everyone's Best Friend (2 companions)
Classic SPECIAL (Spend 33 at beginning, cannot level up special)
Realistic Ragdoll Force
Improved Carry Weight
Real Nights (Doesn't look too good with Dynamic Pipboy lights imo)
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch
WRVR (Radio Station with Companion)

Thanks for the list. I'm hoping most of these get ported over to PS4 when it becomes supported

No copyright mods allowed.

It sucks but you have to understand what a legal nightmare that'd be.

Aw. Yeah, I understand, I guess it's the same case than with nude mods. It's a shame though.

It could be fixed if somehow they allowed to install mods from outside of their workshop. But I can't complain, for know it is more than anyone would have thought of.

Here's what the Full Dialogue Interface mod looks like:

548762b9-48f0-46cb-842f-559e4c7db3ec_preview_1079746_5258602926330765432_large.png

Do you know if it works with other languages other than english?

gossi

Can someone make a mod to make it always night? I hate daytime in the game

I'm thinking about making a mod to change ingame time to run in real time, as it happens. Anybody else want this? Figured it would be good for Survival difficulty.

I'm thinking about making a mod to change ingame time to run in real time, as it happens. Anybody else want this? Figured it would be good for Survival difficulty.

I dunno about real time but I'm for sure interested in a longer/slower cycle. I think something in the 10-14 hour range would be good, opposed to all 24.

Then again, with all the sleeping you're forced to do, maybe 24 hours would be perfect. Hmm.

Point is, yes, definitely interested.

For mods with creators that are no longer active could someone download the PC/nexus version of the mod and just transfer it to consoles without issues? Obviously giving the original creator credit.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
It would be awesome if Bethesda announced Skyrim remaster with same type of mod support for consoles at E3.

Complete with their own official world retexture mod as an option, updated for current gen including super full grass lands, dynamic lightning, full re asset tooling and what not. Sounds hot.

8c95b797_tesv2012-12-1702-25-1u8ur1.jpeg

etta

my hard graphic balls
What's so great about that gun? Just wondering. Creating a mod list for when this get released to PS4
It's just nice to use. Model is designed really well, sounds are great too. Feels good when you shoot things dead with it.

Top Bottom