• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 console mods |OT| Mod peasants strike back

Depending on the mod, it CAN have a serious affect on the save file. Especially one that create unique assets that require it to be loaded in early. Speaking as a PC player, some mods that are removed can make the game unstable (crashes).

So yeah, it just depends on what type of mod you'd be removing.

Depends on the mod. E.g. if you used a mod to disable gravity and uninstalled the mod without re-enabling gravity.. There will be no gravity.

You can do anything the Bethesda quest developers do. So you can do new zones etc.

Wow, that could be a nightmare if you forget to re-enable something and don't keep up with what you've deleted or installed.

I'll be playing the mods on PS4 sometime later this month when they arrive, but if any of you wonderful PC mod makers feel up to it, I'd very much appreciate a Tranquility Lane style quest.

I just realized that we'll finally get a 'sleep in any bed' mod. I know it's been on PC forever but I'm still baffled they've kept that as a thing after all these years. I know it has to do with NPC scripting, but fuck 'em.

So assuming this is a success for Fallout 4 on consoles, will any other developers follow suit?

Seems like a great idea to increase replay value and I know I'd personally be less likely to trade a game in if mods were available to increase enjoyment after I've beaten the game as intended.

There's one called Atomic Radio on Xbox, which is all old style music, which 60 something voice actors, with talk radio and adverts for Nuka Cola and such. It's *really* well done.

No. It's less than 10% frame rate loss with 40+ mods installed. As a reminder my game looks like this:

pxYdDbt.jpg

You're my hero sir thanks for the info!!

So assuming this is a success for Fallout 4 on consoles, will any other developers follow suit?

Seems like a great idea to increase replay value and I know I'd personally be less likely to trade a game in if mods were available to increase enjoyment after I've beaten the game as intended.

I doubt it. Mods on PC are mostly an unofficial affair, where tools are made by the modders themselves. And sometimes engines and executables are modified to do things they were never meant to do.

While people like to shit on Bethesda titles for having bugs crawl out every single orifice, the reason they can be modded to hell and back is because of the engine and tools which are specifically made for that purpose.

If other developers decided to follow, they would likely need to completely revamp their current engines and tools, for many companies that would cause major delays and likely be seen as an excessive expense for little gain.

Would be great though.

Glix

Very very very impressed with how much they are allowing on console.

This is awesome and a very good thing.

Boy this is annoying.

Trying to download the Spring in Commonwealth mod and it's already not downloading very fast and then at 88% it said it could not complete the operation.

This happen often?

Very very very impressed with how much they are allowing on console.

This is awesome and a very good thing.

But probably none of those nude mods i assume, right?

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
I'm actually hoping the Skyrim remaster is true and is gonna be announced at e3, with the added feature of mods.

For me, this would be an absolute dream come true.

I don't allow myself to hope...

N° 2048

Kind of leaning towards not playing until mods + Far Harbor performance patch on PS4.

Seems like it would be worth waiting a bit, thoughts?

GoaThief

There's a button for load order. You can manually reorder then, if you want. Otherwise it will do it.

Also, somebody asked about what happens if a mod is banned. I have an answer. "Cheat Menu" (most popular mod) has been removed for unknown reasons from store. However I still have installed in game.
That was me.

Thank you!

Haha, the dog mods are arriving. Huskymeat.

8ca9e919-0220-42f2-b529-81a35977fe23_preview_1294784_6220447443142536357_large.png

I have a feeling I'm missing something here? :p

gossi

Further evidence this game was cross gen and doesn't max out the console hardware tbh.

Given this supports 2gb of mods on top of Addons and the base game, compared to the Xbox 360 had 0.5gb RAM for both the OS and games... No.

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
Having trouble getting Another Life started. Do I have to start a new game to get it to work. It still starts be off looking in the mirror and saying war never changes. I hate the opening so much.

I just want The Rebel outfit to be modded to console. I'm building my list of mods to get for PS4. Then I'll jump back in and play.

Most likely to do with the server still getting hammered. Sometimes they will load for me, sometimes not. Just par for the course for game companies underestimating demand.

Yeah that's gotta be it.

As for achievements getting disabled, which I find unfortunate because I'd love to use some of these new guns and followers for my Survival playthrough. But anyway, if I enable a mod and I play my recent save and I save somewhere.... can I just disable the mods and go from there again or doesn't it work like that?

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
I STILL play Skyrim today more than any other game. There's just something about that game that gets me.

Welp, here's hoping lol

It's a wonderful game. I wouldn't even ask for massively improved graphics or 60 fps in a remaster. Just Skyrim running smooth for my ps4 and I'd be over the moon...

Wait, stop. There I go hoping again!

It's a wonderful game. I wouldn't even ask for massively improved graphics or 60 fps in a remaster. Just Skyrim running smooth for my ps4 and I'd be over the moon...

Wait, stop. There I go hoping again!

I highly doubt a Skyrim remaster is coming, don't forget that BGS isn't very big and they probably will want to work on more Fallout 4 DLC and a new TES.

The 2gb limit on console is kind of a bummer, because we're not getting those bigger mods PC is having. Ah well.

gossi, is there a link to what benefits the unofficial patch contains? I noticed it's right at the top of your load order so I'm assuming it fixes some key things?

I enabled the Modern Firearms mod and vendors should be selling the guns but I don't see them at all. What am I doing wrong? I loaded a different saved character but that shouldn't matter. So how does this work?

Quite crazy though. I only have that one downloaded and a few smaller ones and I already only have 1gb left. Damn.

Tunavi

Banned
I'm trying to get bullettime to work.

I got lightsaber, dark nights, lighting pip boy, and UFO working last night

gossi

Re Skyrim - the Bethesda E3 press conference invite includes Skyrim Dovakiin logo. Also, they ported Skyrim to Xbox One internally before Fallout 4 work began, to get Creation across - Todd said this in an interview. The new Creation Kit also allows exporting Skyrim mods to Bethesda.net, it is just currently disabled.

Re Fallout 4 Xbox One mod launch - Bethesda tweeted it saw 50 times the traffic PC mods saw at launch. Do the maths about how much money Skyrim with mods would make.

Interesting to hear how people feel about them. And as others have already mentioned, back up your saves! I learned this the hard way.

bengraven

This seriously set back my buying a new gaming PC by a couple more years.

Well...we'll see what happens with Mount and Blade 2.

ryan299

Everybody should check out Sparky's Quantum Adventure. It's really big (over 1gb) but fun. It has you traveling back in time.

Kssio_Aug

Ikr???

I'm actually hoping the Skyrim remaster is true and is gonna be announced at e3, with the added feature of mods.

Would be piss pants worthy for sure.

Yeah, that would be awesome! I hope every Bethesda game from now on support it, and that more games allow such a thing. That's pretty huge news for consoles!

Karak

Depending on the mod, it CAN have a serious affect on the save file. Especially one that create unique assets that require it to be loaded in early. Speaking as a PC player, some mods that are removed can make the game unstable (crashes).

So yeah, it just depends on what type of mod you'd be removing.

Yep I have been talking to 2 different moders who are both working on a mod for...scrubbing mods and returning things back to normal particluarly for XB1 and later PS4. So thats good but for now there is a very real chance of having an issue thats unfixable on the consoles.

That being said. Its a god damned fine time to be a console gamer

Karak

Everybody should check out Sparky's Quantum Adventure. It's really big (over 1gb) but fun. It has you traveling back in time.

That appears to have some pretty serious uninstall issues and corruptions. Have they been fixed? I would probably stay far away from it until its been fully verified.

Top Bottom