• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 console mods |OT| Mod peasants strike back

I have a few enviroment mods now that can crash my game if im careful. I cant look at my pre war sanctuary froma vantage point or else the game will crash. And I cant look at my pre war sanctuary while also look at the greener and more lush commonwealth. I have to look down whenever i cross the bridge lol, a small price to pay for how amazing it looks

gossi

I have a few enviroment mods now that can crash my game if im careful. I cant look at my pre war sanctuary froma vantage point or else the game will crash. And I cant look at my pre war sanctuary while also look at the greener and more lush commonwealth. I have to look down whenever i cross the bridge lol, a small price to pay for how amazing it looks

What mods did you install? It might be pre-war santary mod, which I wouldn't recommend.

ResoRai

Trying it right now, it seems to have actually improved performance in the first little town, going to Diamond City now to check.
Edit, Diamon City is laggier, seems to lock to 20-25 fps.
Yeah same. Sanctuary felt good and haven't been to Diamond City with the mod, but certain forest areas areas are noticeably laggy for me.

gossi

Eliminating godrays makes the game laggier? That makes no sense.

You need to be scientific when measuring. As in; capture footage, measure FPS through duplicate frames, use only one mod at a time, use exactly the same time of day, weather, save for NPC placement, RadiantAI etc. Otherwise it is very subjective.

N° 2048

I wasn't joking earlier when I said it might actually make the engine work more.
The game is optimized to run with godrays on. I assume removing them messes that up.

PC users might have a better chance removing them. Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me can clarify why it lags it in more technical terms. I am just assuming here

Jedi2016

I'm curious to know what the performance is like, throwing all those extra textures and objects and such at the system.

gossi

So the Boston Radio station is a huge file.

Old World Radio - Boston? I haven't installed that. It's almost 1gb in size, adding 10 radio stations. I mean, you can use it - but it uses a significant amount of space, I don't think they have the .wav files compresed.

This is mod somebody in the first page of the thread said couldn't come to console, by the way.

In FO4, if you hold down the left shoulder button (while the grenade is equipped), it'll show you the arc. One of the better things they fixed from FO3/NV,

Woah, I have a lot of time in game on Xbox One and PC and didn't know this.

Klocker

Anyone else having issue logging into Bethesda on Xbox or seeing the mods on Bethesda.net?

Was all great until this morning

CaptNink

Any recommendations on mods that would make the game atmosphere more creepy?

I've added a couple of dark mods, glowing creatures and that makes things a bit more scary. Anything else?

True Fire

Any recommendations on mods that would make the game atmosphere more creepy?

I've added a couple of dark mods, glowing creatures and that makes things a bit more scary. Anything else?

Leveled Spawns. Search and Destroy - Extended Combat Range. Enhanced Blood. Realistic Ragdoll. Deadlier Deathclaws. People Are Strangers. There's a mod that makes the weather constantly rainy and foggy. True Storms is coming to consoles soon.

If you combine Spring in the Commonwealth, Green Commonwealth (the tree mod), True Storms, and Always Rainy, your game should look really scary. There are also some Lovecraft radio plays that you can listen to.

Leveled Spawns. Search and Destroy - Extended Combat Range. Enhanced Blood. Realistic Ragdoll. Deadlier Deathclaws. People Are Strangers. There's a mod that makes the weather constantly rainy and foggy. True Storms is coming to consoles soon.

If you combine Spring in the Commonwealth, Green Commonwealth (the tree mod), True Storms, and Always Rainy, your game should look really scary. There are also some Lovecraft radio plays that you can listen to.

Are you sure True Storms is coming to consoles? I can't find information anywhere (it would be awesome if it's coming, though it seems to eat fps like cracy).

gossi

Are you sure True Storms is coming to consoles? I can't find information anywhere (it would be awesome if it's coming, though it seems to eat fps like cracy).

The mod author posted to say he's bringing it to both consoles soon. I have most of my beefy PC mods across now and so far no performance issues.

I play at night often now, with lighting mods and new weapons with flashlight attachments, without VATS, and can confirm the game is pantshittingly good. It's basically first person Metal Gear Solid. With headphones on at full blast and no music it's an immense experience.

vAokBRn.jpg

vHgxEev.jpg

The mod author posted to say he's bringing it to both consoles soon. I have most of my beefy PC mods across now and so far no performance issues.

I play at night often now, with lighting mods and new weapons with flashlight attachments, without VATS, and can confirm the game is pantshittingly good. It's basically first person Metal Gear Solid. With headphones on at full blast and no music it's an immense experience.

vAokBRn.jpg

vHgxEev.jpg

Man, that's really really great. I can't wait to try those mods in Ps4.

I said earlier about how I was unable to get the scene outside Diamond City to trigger and hence was unable to progress through "the jewel of the Commonwealth".

I decided to turn each mod off individually to see what mod was causing this for me.

For me it was Cat Meat mod that caused this glitch. Now it may be that other mods may trigger this problem but dont have cat meat mod activated when you first start the game.

Lost track there are so many mods now...
But man Gossi that looks ace.

Syntsui

Still no date for PS4 mods?

vAokBRn.jpg

vHgxEev.jpg
Isn't it unbalanced considering the enemies can see you normally even though it's dark as fuck?

gossi

Isn't it unbalanced considering the enemies can see you normally even though it's dark as fuck?

No date for PS4, however Bethesda E3 conference is in days and includes Fallout 4 announcements.

Re unbalanced - dump perks into the stealth and night perks and it balances back out.

Also, there's now a mod to skip all the memory puzzles in Far Harbor.

CaptNink

Thanks, I'll look into those!

Yeah that's the problem I have with these night mods. Everything is intensely dark you can't see your own dog 5 steps away, but Level 3 Raider Waster drunk on bathtub whisky can still see you from 30 clicks away.

I don't even like playing in the dark normally because I feel like there's this major difference between what I can see and what the enemies can see.

are there any metroid suits? Or mega man? :p

Not yet that I can tell but the likelihood might be low because they're not allowed to do any trademarked or copyright models.

Mesoian

Yeah that's the problem I have with these night mods. Everything is intensely dark you can't see your own dog 5 steps away, but Level 3 Raider Waster drunk on bathtub whisky can still see you from 30 clicks away.

I don't even like playing in the dark normally because I feel like there's this major difference between what I can see and what the enemies can see.

Not yet that I can tell but the likelihood might be low because they're not allowed to do any trademarked or copyright models.

I could see this coming to Fallout 4 one day in the not too distant future.

gossi

Get the perks for stealth and night play. They reduce your visibility the enemies massively. For example, one instantly stealths you from all enemies whenever you sneak. There are also magazines in game which further increase your sneak.

You can use the Cheat Tape to add the above.

Mr Clutch

Are there any KNOWN mods that cause crash issues while playing? I downloaded a few last night and now every 20-30 min or so my game will crash to dash.

Mods I installed:

Cheat Menu
Modern Weapons
Spring in Commonwealth
Snap n Build
Full Dialogue
Busty EV (don't judge me)
Water Effects
Love Piper and the Ponytail mod required
Deadpool Pip skin
and the 2 companion/Dogmeat+1 Mod

gossi

Are there any KNOWN mods that cause crash issues while playing? I downloaded a few last night and now every 20-30 min or so my game will crash to dash.

Mods I installed:

Cheat Menu
Modern Weapons
Spring in Commonwealth
Snap n Build
Full Dialogue
Busty EV (don't judge me)
Water Effects
Love Piper and the Ponytail mod required
Deadpool Pip skin
and the 2 companion/Dogmeat+1 Mod

Modern Weapons is my latest install, and now my game crashes regularly.

Klocker

Yeah. It's a great mod when it works. I plan to uninstall and go to an earlier save, however, as I need stability.

Fwiw, I had it crash about 6 times even trying to get the guns purchased... it has since settled down and I have played hours and hours with a lot of the guns including workbench adjusting it played for about 4 hours without a crash. But it did crash out in game again, love the guns and flashlight

Try the mk14 EBR mod to hold you over if you don't already have, great gun with lots of adjustments to performance power

these look great, but i almost feel like not even bothering with it, because it will disable trophies on PS4.

like, i don't see how mods that don't affect gameplay should disable trophies. i realize it would take an insane amount of work for Beth to curate every mod and certify whether or not it impacts gameplay and give it a yes or no on trophies/achievments being enabled, but man... it would be nice to apply some of these before i finish the game. i'm not very far, maybe around level 35, and starting the mechanist quests.

once i finish everything and the DLC i doubt i'll be interested in the game still, and won't mess with mods. oh well, at least everyone looks like they're having a good time. :)

Top Bottom