• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 console mods |OT| Mod peasants strike back

Floody

Is there a mod that lets you remove all the shit dead grass in settlements? I fucking hate that shit especially in sanctuary hills.

Found these two, they seem to remove it from everywhere though.
https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/945534
https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/1081198
(there was a 3rd one called Re-Growth, but seems to have been removed. There's screens of it a couple of pages back)

There's also this which cleans up a lot of them mess in settlements, don't think it changes the dead grass though, just bushes, weeds and some trees.
https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/957446

This one is my favorite though, it makes a lot of Sanctuary look like pre-war Sanctuary, doesn't get rid of all the dead grass though, only some of it.
https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/918588

gossi

What type of music? Can you get the classical music channel back?

There's one called Atomic Radio on Xbox, which is all old style music, which 60 something voice actors, with talk radio and adverts for Nuka Cola and such. It's *really* well done.

3fps??

That's pretty bad right?

No. It's less than 10% frame rate loss with 40+ mods installed. As a reminder my game looks like this:

pxYdDbt.jpg

gossi

Is that only Spring in the C. or other stuff as well? I just tried only SitC only and walked around Diamond City a bit. Looked kinda funny hehe, everything looks worn down and suddenly you have some corners with some nice grass growing...

That's SitC and a bunch more, although the grass there is just SitC.

I forgot Fallout 4 is going to get mods for consoles. I haven't finished the storyline yet (my f finished her own game though). I think adding some mods will motivate me to hop back in.

What are the current console must have mods?

There's one called Atomic Radio on Xbox, which is all old style music, which 60 something voice actors, with talk radio and adverts for Nuka Cola and such. It's *really* well done.

No. It's less than 10% frame rate loss with 40+ mods installed. As a reminder my game looks like this:

pxYdDbt.jpg

What mods are you using right now? (any graphic changing ones)

Calibos

Man...I was a crazy person to dismiss Mods as a reason to come back to Fallout 4. Just installing the Darker nights, Lighting overhaul and Spring in the Commonwealth mods has made it feel like a fresh game.

The side effect is that I want to do everything at night though.

Has there been any word on separating out cosmetic mods from disabling achievements?

Rellik

Oh god. When this releases for my PS4, my PS4 is going to explode with all these mods I'll add. What a time.

For Darker Nights, do the NPCs respond appropriately? I've always avoided night mods because I figured that NPCs and enemies still had the same ability to see, and that it's just hampering the player. Is this so?

3fps??

That's pretty bad right ?

Also, any idea if there is a mod that allowd you to wear a style of clothing? Like, I would have the stats of a peice of strong armor but the style of a different armor.

A drop of 3fps for those visual mods is surprisingly good, IMO. I was expecting much worse on consoles.

I'm hoping for a mod that adds more visual flora to the trees and grass but tries to keep the FPS loss to a minimum. The new grass looks great (Spring in the Commonwealth) but having the wasteland still covered in barren, leaf-less trees doesn't do ti fo rme. I'd rather have 50% less grass and ~25% more leaves and visual flora.

For modding armor to be stronger, that'd be a very easy mod to build. I'm considering buying FO4 on PC to start modding, and editing a piece of armor to be stronger is very simple using the Creation Kit.

gossi

For Darker Nights, do the NPCs respond appropriately? I've always avoided night mods because I figured that NPCs and enemies still had the same ability to see, and that it's just hampering the player. Is this so?

There's a perk which increases your stealth - dump points into that to counter.

Engine wise it's possible to dynamically alter enemy visibility based on time of day, I don't know if any console mods do that yet.

gossi

Anybody interested in a mod to bring the Fallout console to, uh, console? I think I just found a way to do it.

Darker Nights does affect NPC vision as well as your own. It's much easier to stealth during the pitch black night, as it should be.

Anybody interested in a mod to bring the Fallout console to, uh, console? I think I just found a way to do it.

Dude that's fucking huge. Do it. Console on Console would be the single most useful mod on console. Even just having access to tcl would be a game changer in terms of fixing game-breaking bugs and dicking around within the world.

gossi

Is this a work in progress? I can't find anything with Husky in the word on the site.

It was there earlier, but appears to have disappeared. Quite possible the mod owner deleted it, mod creators can do that.

Also, where's the increased carry weight mod?

Search for Weight, there's a ton. E.g. Improved Carry Weight, or Dogmeat's Backpack.

etta

my hard graphic balls
It was there earlier, but appears to have disappeared. Quite possible the mod owner deleted it, mod creators can do that.

Search for Weight, there's a ton. E.g. Improved Carry Weight, or Dogmeat's Backpack.
Thanks. Hoping Husky returns :(

gossi

Dude that's fucking huge. Do it. Console on Console would be the single most useful mod on console. Even just having access to tcl would be a game changer in terms of fixing game-breaking bugs and dicking around within the world.

Cool, I'll see how it runs on XB1, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

By the way, tcl works via the Cheat Mod - under the Cheats you can now tgm and tcl.

Also, here's Cuddles The Gorilla, a new companion.

206fbb90-a26b-4eab-9902-980ca415ffbf_preview_964620_9241789633207061712_large.png

nataku

So how do the console handle load order and conflicts? Is this just kind of a install it and pray situation, or do you have control over load order?

gossi

So how do the console handle load order and conflicts? Is this just kind of a install it and pray situation, or do you have control over load order?

There's a button for load order. You can manually reorder then, if you want. Otherwise it will do it.

Also, somebody asked about what happens if a mod is banned. I have an answer. "Cheat Menu" (most popular mod) has been removed for unknown reasons from store. However I still have installed in game.

gossi

New mod - WET - Water Enhancement Textures. It's the full WET mod from PC across to Xbox.

Adds water foaming, rain ripples, drops, waterfall textures and meshes, splash textures etc.

I guess the better lights darker nights mod was removed?

Edit: just downloaded the light overhaul, see if that does anything

New mod - WET - Water Enhancement Textures. It's the full WET mod from PC across to Xbox.

Adds water foaming, rain ripples, drops, waterfall textures and meshes, splash textures etc.

Have you tried it? It is the kind of mod which I thought would destroy the fps.

Tigress

Us PS4 owners waiting

Yep, it's a lucky thing for me No Man's Sky is delayed cause then I can try out mods (and also get my survival character powerful enough to go try Far Harbor. After what I hear I'm excited to try it out. I hear they brought the RPG back to Fallout in it.

Tigress

Alright modders, I have given you enough time and nobody's created a fully playable Skyrim mod for this game. Get cracking!

Nah, if we are going to be that demanding forget Skyrim, do New Vegas!!!!! (I have a hard time though seeing what differences 4 brought being something that would matter much to Skyrim. Save settlement building. A lot of it is aimed at gunplay, something we don't get in Skyrim).

Oooh, that kinda reminds me... is there a bow and arrow or crossbow mod for Fallout 4?

Now all you Xbox owners are going to know what it's like to spend hundreds of hours playing with mods, and half an hour actually playing the game. It's addictive.

gossi

I guess the better lights darker nights mod was removed?

It's still there: https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/916139

I'm using it. Highly recommended, with PipBoy Flashlight mod it is a total game changer.

Here's two shots showing lighting changes. Sunrise:

Ejp4orG.jpg

Middle of the night, pitch black, just using Pip Boy Flashlight. The shadows are all dynamic from the flashlight - it is crazy.

0DLCXi5.jpg

Have you tried it? It is the kind of mod which I thought would destroy the fps.

Here is WET in action, taken from my Xbox One. Performance is absolutely fine.

44I1qtD.jpg

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I'm really looking forward to this coming to PS4.

I remember Unreal on PS3 had mod support, and that was a lot of fun. Some of the best mods were PC only still, of course, but it was cool. I tried my hand at creating some myself, but didn't really have the time or talent to pull it off.

My wife is addicted to mods, and that's really the only way she'll play stuff like Fallout or Skyrim. She modded the fuck out of those on the gaming PC I built. Well, up until she bumped a glass of water onto the computer and it shorted out the video card. Miraculously enough, the card was the only thing that got damaged. The rest of the computer is fine, and it's currently just running on the on board GPU until I buy another video card. On the upside. I now have an excuse to buy a new one! The previous one was awesome, and I had no problems running anything, but I was tempted to buy a new one, but didn't really have a reason to, since it was so nice. In the meantime, my wife is suffering from PC withdrawals, and is instead playing Minecraft and Fallout and Dark Souls 3 on her PS4. She's more of a PC gamer, and I'm more of a console gamer. Mods are the main reason she prefers PC.

I think it would be, but the sacrifices necessary would likely make the game rather unimpressive. like if the resolution was lowered to 1024×576 and the lowest level of LOD was used for all the models and only 128x128 textures were used there's no reason 60 FPS wouldn't be attainable :/

I don't think you understand. The mod tools do not provide that level of control.

gossi

Somebody asked about mod reordering, here's the reordering UI:

9nxlNmn.jpg

If Bethesda.net is unavailable, you can still use the UI - you just see the .ESP files to manipulate rather than the friendly mod names.

A couple of questions...

If you save a game with a mod installed and later decide to delete the mod, does it affect your previous save that had the mod on it? Can you continue on in that save?

Is it possible for a creator to make a Tranquillity Lane style quest? That was one of my favorite parts in Fallout 3.

gossi

gossi, are a lot of mods so far Far Harbor reliant?

A few are. I've noticed no DLC versions are starting to appear.

I can't wait for more perks, unlimited crafting materials and stat checking in quests.

More perks, companion perks, unlimited crafting materials and stats quests are there.

If you save a game with a mod installed and later decide to delete the mod, does it affect your previous save that had the mod on it?

Depends on the mod. E.g. if you used a mod to disable gravity and uninstalled the mod without re-enabling gravity.. There will be no gravity.

Is it possible for a creator to make a Tranquillity Lane style quest? That was one of my favorite parts in Fallout 3.

You can do anything the Bethesda quest developers do. So you can do new zones etc.

lt519

Excited for this for PS4, will warrant a second trip through the wastelands with a different character build.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I have a ps4 so waiting for mods to release, but what are the must have mods right now, that won't break the game fps wise much? One I want I have seen is the gun mods where the guns are up-to date

ezekial45

Banned
A couple of questions...

If you save a game with a mod installed and later decide to delete the mod, does it affect your previous save that had the mod on it?

Depending on the mod, it CAN have a serious affect on the save file. Especially one that create unique assets that require it to be loaded in early. Speaking as a PC player, some mods that are removed can make the game unstable (crashes).

So yeah, it just depends on what type of mod you'd be removing.

Top Bottom