• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 console mods |OT| Mod peasants strike back

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Here's what my game looks like with 38 mods on Xbox One. I've used less than 10% of the available mod storage.

pxYdDbt.jpg

How's the performance?

gossi

Here's me with both Piper and Dogmeat as companions at same time, at a vault entrance for a vault I built. Piper has new hair and face.

Vxnta34.jpg

I've stuck this in the OP. Shoot me screenshots of nice things, any cool mods or shots I'll edit into the OP. I want to rewrite and re-graphics it properly.

Hpw are you guys actually able to get these things to download for you? I was able to downlod like 3 but the rest crash me to the log in screen when I attempt to download

Here's what my game looks like with 38 mods on Xbox One. I've used less than 10% of the available mod storage.

pxYdDbt.jpg

Just soooooo cool. I haven't touched the game since I put 150 hours into it during launch week (ps4).

Very excited about survival mode with mods. I couldn't care less about achievements.

gossi

Hpw are you guys actually able to get these things to download for you? I was able to downlod like 3 but the rest crash me to the log in screen when I attempt to download

As said on last page, keep hitting download (and if you get kicked to login screen, press B and go back to Mods - it auto logs you in, don't keep entering details each time).

Or wait for Bethesda to fix the server infrastructure.

Floody

Does using that many Mod have any performance impact? If not I'm really impressed by it (like to the point were I'll forgive all it's shortcoming of the base game). Also looks beautiful, might do a play through with that mod enabled.

gossi

How's the performance?

I'm capturing everything and will report back. It's perfectly playable, as I'm.. uhm.. playing. I didn't finish the base game, so I'm working on that now.

Curious as well. I started to have real framerate problems, like slideshow problems with the framerate.

Is that post modding, or before you added any mods?

So please explain how you'd screen for mods that break the progression and which ones don't? You'd have to draw the line somewhere between mods that disable achievements and ones that don't. Better to just disable them outright.

I expressed my thoughts, I don't owe you anything else. I just think they could find a way. My job is telecom/networking, not video game design.

chaislip3

Downloading mods is still a little wonky for me, but the ones I that I could download worked well. Framerate seemed pretty solid too. Or at least solid for Fallout.

Danlord

There's 2 mods that I want to get and will be the highest priority when they come to PS4, but if anyone can try them out for me and post their own screenshots (or even videos) I will be much obliged.

Pipboy Light Cast Shadows - XBOX
https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/1032937
Adds dynamic shadows to the Pipboy light source to enhance the night time exploration experience. The Pipboy light now acts more like a flashlight or lantern, creating dramatic lighting effects. Thanks and enjoy!

Real Nights with Real Lights XB V0.1
https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/916139
The point of the mod is to make nights really really dark while it also makes the headlights more focused (real spotlights) with far higher range. -8x range for spotlights -a bit higher range for red tactical but not much -lights cast shadows -nights are really dark now but there are big differences between clear and rainy nights

CleverGato

Neo Member
My Fallout experience would never be complete without this mod, and luckily enough, console owners will soon get to enjoy one of the most immersive FO4 mods to date.

True Storms! Console support coming soon!

Danlord

My Fallout experience would never be complete without this mod, and luckily enough, console owners will soon get to enjoy one of the most immersive FO4 mods to date.

True Storms! Console support coming soon!

YES!!!!! This is another mod I have kept my eye on in the hopes it would be ported for console!! Add that to the list of my post above when it comes, top 3 mods I have to have.

gossi

Final screenshot as I'm signing off for night.

Redesigned Piper, with new hair, with dogmeat as a companion too, with some environmental regrowth. Also 1500 carry weight. Performance - numbers to be run but feels okay.

FD7GZcS.jpg

Tarahiro

Is Real Nights with Real Lights not available anymore? It says no longer available when I try to download but not sure if it's actually gone or it's just because the servers are wonky...
hopefully just a server issue because that one sounds quite cool.

Also having issues with 'younger male face texture'. If I try to change facial features on a character, his face randomly turns brown. Not like a skin colour change either because the skin near hairline and the back of his neck is still white... so more like bad facepaint. It's rather amusing (because of how random it is) but I had to disable it because it's not helpful for the character I was trying to create :p

I think i'll have another go tomorrow and try some different ones. Hopefully it will be working better then.

Floody

Is Real Nights with Real Lights not available anymore? It says no longer available when I try to download but not sure if it's actually gone or it's just because the servers are wonky...
hopefully just a server issue because that one sounds quite cool.

Can still find it on the website. Might just be the servers.

https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/916139

*edit: yep it's probably the servers. the website just died on me.

gossi

I remember when modding was announced on console, with a video detailing it, I got absolutely hammered here by people saying what I was posting was "intentionally misleading" and such. When I pointed out I was quoting the Bethesda video, I was labeled "stupid", and told there would be no way mods of any complexity would make it to console.

So just for those guys:
Iron-Man_Stark-Jericho.gif

gossi

Site isn't even working for me. There goes my playthrough today.

US people are returning home from work/school/etc. It's going to nose dive off a cliff, methinks. Clearly, they have some extreme server side capacity woes. Give it a few days overall. (Or wait until a time when most of the US and EU are in bed, and it should be fine).

gossi

How is this shit still not working wtf.

One word: SimCity. (Is that two words?). The server infrastructure and way things are built look.. problematic. Even the client does some goofy things, like auto restarting downloads every time a download fails == server hammer.

Anyhoo, out of hours I found it worked fine. If you get booted to login screen, press B to exit and go back into Modding - it auto logs you in. If download fails, repeat it. If you don't want to do that, it's cool, just wait until Bethesda give the all clear. My hunch would be this will go on for days rather than hours, as it looks like design based issues. PS4 players, we beta for you :p

This was 100% expected and now just being persistent and trying to get what I can. Probably will wait till midnight or later when not as many people are on. Still super hyped about this and can't wait to actually play. Can't say I'm too upset cause it's free though would be nice if Bethesda was on top of this but when has a launch ever gone perfect?

Someday soon, console owners too will know the combined joy and pain of knowing that they could have a self-definitive Fallout 4 experience if only they're willing to put in hours and hours of work and finagling. God, I've got this game sitting here, installed fresh, on my drive, but I've also got a bookmarks folder with 400 mods in it and I'm gonna look over each and every goddamn one again to decide what stays and what goes, before I even get started installing them. Be happy you don't know this pain - yet

Danlord

Someday soon, console owners too will know the combined joy and pain of knowing that they could have a self-definitive Fallout 4 experience if only they're willing to put in hours and hours of work and finagling. God, I've got this game sitting here, installed fresh, on my drive, but I've also got a bookmarks folder with 400 mods in it and I'm gonna look over each and every goddamn one again before I even get started installing them. Be happy you don't know this pain - yet

I come from modding Skyrim on PC, and now I have a GTX 970 I revised my mod loadout again and again, added about 10 hours or something silly just testing out some mods :) When it comes to PS4 I'll be the same for Fallout 4 :)

gstaff

From what I've read it creates a separate save folder for modded saves as soon as you start using them. There will be an unmodded folder of saves you can go back to.

That's correct. The modded saves put [M] next to your player.

Remember though, if you do want to go back to Vanilla Fallout, you not only need to go back to the non-[M] player, but you also need to go through and disable all saves. If you go back to a non-modded save without doing that, the mods will still load.

gossi

Okay, the Darker Nights and PipBoy Flashlight both work, and work very fucking well on Xbox. You get real time shadows from the PipBoy, and otherwise it's near pitch black. You can use the perks to fix enemy eyesight. Playing right now - it is a game changer.

This looks like a game changer! I can't wait to see where this goes. Who knows? Maybe the 2gb limit will be increased. Gonna try it out on PS4 when it's available.

Tigress

Okay, things are getting more stable on Xbox One. Here's some grabs straight from console.

Here's me with both Piper and Dogmeat as companions at same time, at a vault entrance for a vault I built. Piper has new hair and face.

What's the mod for having two companions. The reason I haven't played much with the other companions is I hate giving up dogmeat. He should be my constant companion.

Top Bottom