• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 DLC: Automatron ($10), WW ($5), Far Harbor ($25), More; Season Pass -> $50

That's like your opinion. Bethesda is beloved by the gaming community as a whole. Tell the millions of people who enjoy there games, there half assed.

I've voiced my opinion on Bethesda many times on here, I'm not going to shit this thread up any more, but just remember that that's, like, your opinion too, dude.

The more I think about it the likely a 2nd season pass becomes, for better or worse.

Think about it. Fallout 4 released a year later than usual, leaving a 2 year gap with no output from BGS. Papa Zena couldn't have been happy, similar to GTV imo. Whether the delay was for next gen retooling or general development load increase is unknown, but its not a stretch to think that ES6 will be a 4 year gap too. Either way, last time they had NV. They need something to fill the gap. Another year of dlc will put them right on the doorstep of ES6 at E3 in '18, or will give the GOTY edition a year to itself if '19.;

So yes, I think we'll see a second season pass, and possibly a year of small free dlcs, to help bridge the gap to the next Elder Scrolls. If done right Fallout could have some impressive legs.

Except they EXPLICITLY said the season pass gets you "every piece of Fallout 4 DLC"

So no, there will be no second season.

Likely the price increase was to avoid another season pass for the other content they began to develop.

hmm....well they just made it real fuckin compelling to buy the season pass before March 1st...

or get the whole goty edition in like a year or two for about the same cost or much less.

which is what i'm going to do, especially considering what is in this season pass and that we dont even know what the whole season will contain as of right now

Likely the price increase was to avoid another season pass for the other content they began to develop.

That's what it sounds like to me.

From the press release:

And more important, that this is only the beginning. We have plans for more. More than $60 worth of new Fallout adventures and features throughout 2016.

Given the expanded DLC plan, the price of the season pass will increase from the current $29.99 to $49.99 USD (£24.99 to £39.99 GBP; $49.95 to $79.95 AUD) on March 1, 2016.

They explicitly say the DLC plan has "expanded". The current individual prices add up to $40. They said there will be more than $60 worth of new content. Going by past releases, it would seem unlikely they'd develop so much more content that they'd create another season pass.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
I enjoyed the F3 DLC (the spaceship was worth it just for the repair goop).

If I liked Fallout 4 as much as I liked Fallout 3, I'd bite just based on the track record with DLC.

As it is, I'll wait or skip. I get why others would go for it, though

papo

Hmm I guess I'll wait it out then. I really don't know if I wanna go back to the game because last time I was so bored by it after a while. I don't feel the expansions will add enough for me to come back.

Also let not let these $50 season passes go under the radar. That is total BS IMO, seems too much. Though $25 for the last one may just be ok and if it adds enough different stuff then I'll be back.

AHA-Lambda

That's like your opinion. Bethesda is beloved by the gaming community as a whole. Tell the millions of people who enjoy there games, there half assed.

Sorry but just to play devil's advocate (not commenting on my opinion on Bethesda here) but saying that you're right cos they're popular is an extremely lazy get out clause.

Lol.
That's 10s of millions of people's opinions, man
Ah. Argumentum ad populum. Good to see it alive and kicking.

Arguing that you're in the right because of some supposed number of fans is extremely poor argumentation.
Sorry but just to play devil's advocate (not commenting on my opinion on Bethesda here) but saying that you're right cos they're popular is an extremely lazy get out clause.
Yep.

Ah. Argumentum ad populum. Good to see it alive and kicking.

Arguing that you're in the right because of some supposed number of fans is extremely poor argumentation.

Yep.

This is why you need to be careful when you think you've spotted a fallacy.

The medium we are discussing is popular entertainment, where people vote with their dollars as to what they want to see. The games being popular is actually a valid argument in this case.

This is why you need to be careful when you think you've spotted a fallacy.

The medium we are discussing is popular entertainment, where people vote with their dollars as to what they want to see. The games being popular is actually a valid argument in this case.
No it's not.

The fact that millions of people like the games and don't think they're half-assed doesn't mean they're not half-assed.

Million of people like Transformers. Doesn't mean they're not absolute shite examples of movies. Millions of people loved 50 Shades of Grey. Doesn't mean it's not a shite piece of literature. Millions of people like Bethesda's games. Doesn't mean they're not half-assed. Nor does it mean they are half-assed either, but the number of people who like or dislike them is ultimately irrelevant. That's a terrible line of argumentation.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
As sketchy as this is, I can't help but feel good about getting the season pass discounted at launch with that Best Buy socks bundle and GCU. Major payoff. Far Harbor is giving me some strong Point Lookout vibes. For $25, it had better be a pretty big island.

No it's not.

The fact that millions of people like the games and don't think they're half-assed doesn't mean they're not half-assed.

Million of people like Transformers. Doesn't mean they're not absolute shite examples of movies. Millions of people loved 50 Shades of Grey. Doesn't mean it's not a shite piece of literature. Millions of people like Bethesda's games. Doesn't mean they're not half-assed. Nor does it mean they are half-assed either, but the number of people who like it is ultimately irrelevant.

You're trying to impose a higher standard on a subject that is entirely subjective. To me, fifty shades and transformers are crap and not deserving of my money. That doesn't mean there's something wrong with somebody wanting to spend their money there.

The only objective fact we can work with is how the market reacts. Everything else is just your interpretation.

Yes, but they sold it under that pretense. They would be subject to civil suits, if not federal fines from the FTC if they were to change course.

No that's silly. The wording in the product description is vauge. "All Fallout 4 DLC" has nothing defining it. That could mean all the dlc in 2016(all dlc in this season pass)or all the dlc the game will ever receive. If it said "all Fallout dlc that will ever release till the end of time" or something maybe. By definition a season is a period of time too.

Again, maybe something more definitive was written elsewhere, but nothing I've read couldn't be spun into "that was season pass 1, this is season pass 2", or just more individual dlc drops post 2016.

No that's silly. The wording in the product description is vauge. "All Fallout 4 DLC" has nothing defining it. That could mean all the dlc in 2016(all dlc in this season pass)or all the dlc the game will ever receive. If it said "all Fallout dlc that will ever release till the end of time" or something maybe. By definition a season is a period of time too.

Again, maybe something more definitive was written elsewhere, but nothing I've read couldn't be spun into "that was season pass 1, this is season pass 2", or just more individual dlc drops post 2016.

I don't think you know how the law would work in this instance.

Been itching for some new content, just need to buy the season pass now before that absurd price increase. Hopefully this means there will be no second season pass as well.

ecosse_011172

Mixed feelings about this, 15 quid in't too bad but I really don't want to encourage these cocks with them trying to force you to pay for stuff before details/review etc.

Also, the game was unambitious and lazy as fuck, no matter how much I enjoyed it

I don't think you know how the law would work in this instance.

Enlighten me then. Has this happened before? Are you an lawyer? If they deliver the perceived value of the product purchased and then then decide to make more content unconnected to the season pass on sale, I don't see how a lawsuit would win in court. Regardless of wording, which itself is vauge, and likey placeholder as no real information was available. It's silly.

It looks like the Season Pass is now listed as the top seller on Steam.

sPjeiMa.jpg

Don't know if anyone posted this yet, I just saw the thread, but the season pass for both the ps4 and xbox one is still $29 on amazon.
They only have six xbox one codes left, ps4 just says in stock.
Edit: I didn't realize the price of the season pass doesn't change until march 1st. So take your time, but don't forget to get it before then if you want it.

papo

What is the biggest land mass that they have done that is not Shivering Isles?

i fear that since that was way back and an expansion, not a traditional DLC, then it might not count.

Hmm, now I have to decide if I want the Season Pass. I'm only a few hours in and haven't really gotten a feel for this game, although I did like Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Still, will I even want all the content or just select ones and buy them on sale? Decisions, decisions.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm...Still gonna wait for the GOTY edition.

Same here. Looks like I made the right call not buying the first edition. Most games are like this now, having a definitive edition later which is what I consider to be the real release date(not just because of DLC but also because the game should be patched up pretty well by then).

Top Bottom