• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 DLC: Automatron ($10), WW ($5), Far Harbor ($25), More; Season Pass -> $50

Next year: New Season Pass! $59.95!

My backlog is huge and I can wait. So Ultimate Edition in 3 years it is.

Early Bethesda adopters get screwed every time!

This is absolutely ridiculous.

This is a $30 season pass that got a price hike for no reason.

This isn't a $50 season pass that early adopters are getting nearly half off.

Huge difference between the two.

Could be worse. They could have hiked up the price immediately with the announcement and NOT given everyone the opportunity to pick it up before that happens.

As far as the DLC itself, I'm looking forward to having some new content to dig through. I knew I left the game installed for a reason.

How big is the visual difference between FO4 on PC and on PS4? I already own it on PC but am thinking of picking it up and the Season Pass on PS4 as well

The only thing that could pull me back in would be a complete redo of the factions system and ways to go about the game besides killing everything. I had a good time with parts of Fallout 4 but dear lord the quests were even a step back from 3 let alone New Vegas. There were no particularly interesting quests in fallout 4 at all

danthefan

Got the game as a present so bought the season pass, I don't even know why. Feel like I've been done by a confidence trick or something.

I'll end up buying the pass from GMG. I was more than likely gonna end up buying Far Harbor, anyways. They're paying me a dollar to take the rest of it....

That way, I don't the problem of my mods not working because I don't have "x" dlc.

My dilemma is that I spent 100+ hours in F4 and lived every minute, but also paid £27.99 for it.
However, the season pass will cost more than that and not have even half the content.

Skyrim's DLC was shitty. Like, mediocre at its best moments. So I think we have very different perceptions of said pedigree.

NV had good shit though, but that was all Obsidian, wasn't it?

Considering I never jumped aboard the Bethesda hate train around here, our perceptions would be different.

Shivering Isles is still their best expansion, but Dragonborn was fantastic, and even the smaller dawnguard was really good. Better than Oblivions smaller expansion/big dlc kotn.

I can't compare Fallout 3 or NV, as I didn't like either of those games. It wasn't until now with Fallout 4 that I've liked the franchise. Been a Elder Scrolls fan for over a decade though.

SPCTRE

I was on the fence about this season pass, but they sure got me with their price hike announcement.

The wife will love the additional settlement options and I'm very curious about the large story content.

Season Pass was de-listed at the reduced price earlier on and is now listed for €49.99 on PSN in Europe. It is the 29th February. The price increase was supposed to happen 1st March.

Scumbags. This is low, even for Sony, or Bethesda, or whoever is responsible.

CcZm5EpWwAAJCtu.jpg

Season Pass was de-listed at the reduced price earlier on and is now listed for €49.99 on PSN in Europe. It is the 29th February. The price increase was supposed to happen 1st March.

CcZm5EpWwAAJCtu.jpg

Maybe it's a bug related to Leap Year?

DedValve

Banned
Meh, I bought Fallout 4 and am having a fun time with it but Fallout dlc has always been hit or miss (usually miss) for me so not in a rush at all to get this.

I think the only dlc I liked was that (arizona?) new vegas one. Joshua or whoever used to follow Caeser and had his face burned off. That area was pretty neat.

Maybe it's a bug related to Leap Year?

I was hoping this was the case, but the season pass was only de-listed at about 3pm/4pm over here. And if it happened to be an early store update as a result of "Leap Day", then there would be more items added to the store. This is not the case at the moment.

CcZm5EpWwAAJCtu.jpg
Wtf, hope it's still 30 on us

Wasn't there something recently about this "weekend" being the final chance to to get it at that price? I took that to mean Sunday was the final day.

I know they previously said March 1st though.

On Demand

Banned
I got the season pass for $21~. easy decision. I enjoyed the base game for what it was, and you'll need all the DLC for mods in the end eventually anyway.

I should of bought it when Bestbuy had the deal with the free socks. Don't know why i didn't.

I'm on board for what's already been announced, anything beyond the announced DLC still being included for $30 sounds good to me.

The only announced DLC i'm interested in so far is Far Harbor. I want more story DLC like that.

I couldn't wait for the game to end so its a no-buy for me

I'm liking it. No one else does these kinds of open world games like Bethesda.

Wait for game of the year.

It will be $60 though?

maverick40

Fuck had the Season Pass in my cart all day and it wouldnt let me buy it due to some error on the store.

I go back now and it is up to €49.99

FUCK!!!!

PurpleSquid

Neo Member
So what's the final decision for everyone? Buy and save money, or don't buy because principles?
Im not buying out of pronciple and also cause so far only 1 out of the seems to be worth my time. An unpopular opinion i got is that i actually enjoyed all of fo3's dlc (yes, all of them) but skyrim's were sooooo bad and they charged more for those too. Besides im sure the season pass will go on sale on sites like gmg. If not i can just wait for the complete edition

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Bought the special edition at launch, so I'm good to go. Bethesda have a history of releasing good quality dlc (don't mention the horse armour), so it was a no-brainer for me.

Ubersnug

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but The Xbox live Argentinian store has the season pass for £13.99 after the exchange rate. Probably the cheapest you're going to find it anywhere on console at the moment.

Replicant

Glad I already got it. I built a nice-looking character, about 8 decent-looking settlements amongst my 12+ others with the intention of playing more in this world.

On Demand

Banned
Well how much more can they charge for it? 100?

I meant as in $30>>>$60.

Im not buying out of pronciple and also cause so far only 1 out of the seems to be worth my time. An unpopular opinion i got is that i actually enjoyed all of fo3's dlc (yes, all of them) but skyrim's were sooooo bad and they charged more for those too. Besides im sure the season pass will go on sale on sites like gmg. If not i can just wait for the complete edition

I only played Broken Steel and Point lookout for FO3's DLC. I liked them both but stayed away from rest since the consensus was that they weren't very good. Like you, i probably would of liked them all seeing how i love anything FO3.

I thought FO4 would be similar to 3 and NV will all the DLC being story based. Looks they'll be adding non story add on's that i don't really want.

I'll do the same as I always do for Bethesda games - wait for the the GOTY. Not sure if bugs have been as big an issue in FO4 as in their previous releases (that was my traditional excuse), but season full game + season pass is never good value for a fully offline games when there's already a decent back-catalogue for my platform of choice.

I recently picked up Far Cry 4 Gold edition on an Xbox sale for about £15. That'll keep me a while. Then there will be other games on sale. I'll wait until the GOTY gets a sale, too.

Rivitur

Banned
I don't get the hate. I bought the pass for 20$ and the game for 30 that's 50$ now while the goty will be 60$, I came out like a bandit.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So what's the final decision for everyone? Buy and save money, or don't buy because principles?

I have no morals, but my problem is, while I absolutely loved FO4, I NEVER go back to games to play DLC...like, ever. I didnt with Dishonored. I didnt with Skyrim. I didnt with Witcher 3, thats just a few examples that I still have installed just because I was supposed to play the eventual DLC.

Hell I didnt play the Dark Souls 2 dlc from the season pass, I only got around to do it in the scholar edition :/

PurpleSquid

Neo Member
I only played Broken Steel and Point lookout for FO3's DLC. I liked them both but stayed away from rest since the consensus was that they weren't very good. Like you, i probably would of liked them all seeing how i love anything FO3.

I thought FO4 would be similar to 3 and NV will all the DLC being story based. Looks they'll be adding non story add on's that i don't really want.
You know the mothership zeta dlc? I freaking loved it. Thought it was super neat that you get abducted by aliens. Also agree with you on the dlc for fo4, i only care for the story dlc since lets all be real for a second, mods will do that cage fighting stuff and all that extra fluff even better than bethesda cause modders will go bonkers with it

I decided to go for it. I got the game on a lark as the free game during the Best Buy B2G1 last Christmas and ended up quite liking it, so I don't mind throwing some $ at it. It will also be the first season pass I've decided to sample, so the content best be worthy.

Top Bottom