• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 - Game of the Year Edition - September 26

CloudWolf

Winner of more than 200 ”Best Of" awards – including the 2016 BAFTA and 2016 D.I.C.E. Game of the Year
Fallout 4 winning all those awards is still such bullshit. There was so much better stuff that year, even in the same genre.

Fallout 4 winning all those awards is still such bullshit. There was so much better stuff that year, even in the same genre.

Different people like different stuff. The game had it's positives. Gameplay, specially the gunplay was way better than past titles. Also people really like the building of settlements. Specially the Minecraft/Sims crowd. Shame New Vegas couldn't share the Limelight. At least most of Gaf knows that is one of the better Fallout games.

I hope this means the Season Pass gets heavily discounted once this is released. It might be the case that I buy this rather than the season pass

My modded playthrough ended today, six hours in, after it became apparent that the weather mod I was using totally broke NPC detection during fog. To the point where NPCs would run right up to my dog and circle it with their guns raised for like five seconds before shooting. Sigh.

Those six hours were pretty goddamn boring, but I was treating it like a journey, using that text journal holotape mod along the way, and I expected the playthrough to get a lot more exciting as I went through. It scratched my survival itch, that's for sure.
The roleplaying in this game is so goddamn bad though. I made it work anyway. Removed my player's voice from the game to imagine my own. Added a ton of weapons and armors to the game. Balanced out the game so that it'd feel like a hardcore shooter in practice. Disabled fast-travel and used vertibird summons and settlement travel as replacement. If I could have made it 50 hours in, I'd have probably fallen in love with this modded out version of Fallout 4, strictly as a survival game as opposed to an RPG. But I couldn't :(

I'll give it another year and mod this game out again. I've got the Fallout bug now, though. Guess I'll spend the next couple of days modding out New Vegas, instead.

If I read it right the DLC is not in the disc, but there are codes in the box? Can someone confirm? I am german PSN user and ordered the game in UK. I am pretty sure I redeemed UK-codes in GER PSN in the past. But maybe someone can confirm this, too. Because otherwise I might sent it back.

Rellik

If I read it right the DLC is not in the disc, but there are codes in the box? Can someone confirm? I am german PSN user and ordered the game in UK. I am pretty sure I redeemed UK-codes in GER PSN in the past. But maybe someone can confirm this, too. Because otherwise I might sent it back.

You'll be okay because it's EU PSN.

The reviews on Amazon say so. It's a skip for me.
Oh yeah looking it up on amazon would have been an easy way for confirmation. Just checked out the german amazon page. Apparantly it's only the BASE GAME WITHOUT PATCHES + DLC codes. Fucking lol ... What a non-effort from Bethesda. Glad I only paid 33€. But I really want to play the game and 33€ for all the content is still a good deal.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Just bought for PS4 in the US, before I broke the package open I decided to see if the DLC was on disc or separate (I've been screwed before.) I'm seeing that it's not on disc and the case has a download code in it, but I've only seen it confirmed for other territories. Is it the same in the US?

I'd return it if so but I can't find my receipt.

memphisba

Its discounted now for quake con

Fallout goty + Skyrim = $40 bucks

Tell me if its worth it. I have a gtx1060 but i have a small lcd 23 inch.
I dont really mind 30 fps as long i can play it on couch on a 40 inch tv with a OG ps4.

Is the $40 package worth it?

1morerobot

I love Fallout 4. I'm not sure how much each individual DLC goes for these days. I'm pretty sure I got the 4 smaller ones for around $5 each, then $10 or so for Far Harbor and Nuka World? Something like that. Throw in the base game obviously and Skyrim, seems like a decent deal to me.

On a side note, Bethesda has some absolutely amazing artists.

Top Bottom