• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

famousmortimer: Xbox One OS and Xbox Live issues bouncing about as we approach launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I honestly trust Jeff Gerst.

He isn't going to say anymore than he can. I'm sure they are in the know.

Mahonay

Banned
Oh damn.
i6kiu77TQyGHZ.gif

This console sounds so rushed. They should've just delayed it 6 months so that they have more time to get their shit together, maybe even give it a spec bump.

sephi22

Are we supposed to know who this guy is? Or do we just take his word as gospel because he referenced something about someone telling him something and someone else kinda agreeing with it?
Yes. Have you been following next gen news since February?
You're a junior member so you might have missed some of the leaks.

jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg

Look, I just want good games. I'm picking up my PS4 (which is going to be my 3rd party system this gen) and my XBO on launch day and am going to enjoy playing games on both systems.

Could this be a big deal? Certainly. But I'd really like to know where these magical estimates are coming from. I've been working in the game industry for over 8 years now, and so much shit comes together at the last minute on all sides that it is ridiculous to NOT be taking this with huge, huge grains of salt.

I've worked with people that worked on AC2, and two weeks prior to launch, had no clue how the game was actually going to be ready to go. THIS WAS POST-CERTIFICATION.

If you don't think that a company that was formed on the basis of creating operating systems doesn't have all hands on deck working this out prior to launch, that's just a bit crazy to think. If it does come launch and there's a big mess present, then absolutely be mad then. However, this post is going to come off as "pro-MS" so it's going to be ignored or ripped, when the reality is that my only horse in the race is having as many of either system installed.

You are comparing game design to console design, which isn't always wrong to do, but this is an issue ingrained, not just done with some patch. I suggest at least reading the first three pages thoroughly to get a better idea of what that means.

And depending on how new you are to things, both information leakers are trusted, respected sources, especially cboat calling things about both consoles well before the company's PR sections could.

SnakeEyes

Banned
ULJ7N2H.png

Shots fired. CBOAT you need to defend your honor. You have my sword.

LOL. He shouldn't talk.
He's been a complete asshat this entire time. I'd most certainly believe the GAF InfoWars Squad (CBOAT, mortimer, thuway etc.) over guys like him.

Excellent.

First Proelites comment, then BF4 MP being shown on PS4 on the 29th but XB1's SP to be shown, now Morts leak. Serious problems with XBL from the sound of it

Oh and that XB1 dev comment is bull, anonymous post on blog alluding to higher XB1 resolutions than multiple confirmed insiders with serious track records including cboat?

Right totally believable

I fucking love these leaks but you always have to wonder about motivations behind the people feeding info to the morts of the world. Not only are you risking your current job, you are risking your entire career in an industry that's so relatively small.

I just can't see how it's worth it on a personal level, so I think there are always other motivations at play. We see this shit all the time in other industries where companies (or compensated individuals) are trying to control messaging (for a variety of reasons).

What's the point? While this shit is great fun, don't take everything at face value and don't put too much stock into most of the leakers. Just like the gaming media, they are almost all being manipulated and used to an extent.

CBOAT is a wild card, though. Why he'd leak what he'd leak, (apparently) stay at the same company so long, and stay under the MS radar makes him a total anomaly.

Even if Gerstmann is jumping on it (well... passively jumping on it), then yeah...

He did basically point out something we haven't realized before.

Keep in mind that Sony hasn't exactly been forthcoming with the ps4 so as well. It makes me nervous about what to expect from both consoles. I'm pretty much one CBoAT post away from canceling my X1

Dysun

Xbox Live being broken at launch is a pretty big deal, and Mort detractors or rumor hate-brigade is pretty funny. Nobody is forcing you to read these threads/tweets and work yourself into a frenzy

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
You are comparing game design to console design, which isn't always wrong to do, but this is an issue ingrained, not just done with some patch. I suggest at least reading the first three pages thoroughly to get a better idea of what that means.

And depending on how new you are to things, both information leakers are trusted, respected sources, especially cboat calling things about both consoles well before the company's PR sections could.

Have you ever used an MS operating system in the weeks leading up to RC and RTM stages?

hint: changes occur very rapidly at the end

Orca

Like I said earlier...wasn't this a rumour he couldn't post here because he didn't have the sources, so he posted it on his blog knowing it would end up here? I mean it seems to be formatted for GAF with the italics and things even.

If that kind of end-around is allowed, I predict a ton more blogs in the future lol

You may have noticed that they haven’t exactly been out there showing it off in live environments

That is damning.

Jeff knows..

Shit is fucked up..

However it's not huge news until it's release day and the problem is still there.

I'm glad I'm not interested in XBone for sometime into 2014.

If this wasn't true someone would come out and say this is not the case. Instead we get people saying stuff like don't trust blogs before launches etc.. They are all praying this shit gets fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom