• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

famousmortimer: Xbox One OS and Xbox Live issues bouncing about as we approach launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob page

To be honest, I won't be surprised if the PS4 has some issues at launch. But Sony has been pretty vocal about stating which features won't work for launch, while Microsoft has been radio-silent. Their whole approach to this rocky launch makes it that much worse.

jayu26

The negativity for PS4 has to do with journalists blindly being told to believe the OS will work 100% on launch, PSN will work optimally, and things will go smooth as butter without any machine before hand to test out. Still, MS has a huge headache ahead of them with all the crashes, bugs, and broken features.

So launch OS for both systems are fucked. Okay? Okay.

20120607035837_auto.gif

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
So fun to see some of these journalists/industry people talking mad shit on Twitter about Pete and news that breaks on NeoGAF or Reddit. Just completely ignoring all of the info that has leaked on forums leading up to the launch of these things. Meanwhile, there hasn't been a single journalist that I'm aware of who has actually attempted to get to the bottom of any of this. Most of them have either been avoiding the topics completely, but there have been a good number who have been trying to obfuscate and pretty much play free PR for Microsoft. What a disgrace.

They don't want to get to the bottom
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=704836

nib95

Banned
read the OP again, please. Online nor XBL is broken.

Have read the OP twice over, as well as Mortimer's follow up. Seems to not only be broken or unreliable at present, but fundamentally flawed at a foundation level with it's current design implementation. Not something that can't necessarily be fixed, but not necessarily something that would be easy or quick to fix either.

Stay tuned.

Nice.

PBY

Banned
His answer sure sounded like he was alluding to it to me, but if he says so then okay. This is a chaotic mess all around is all I know. So much conflicting info coming from so many different directions it is hard to know what to believe.

confirmation bias man. this thread is a nonsensical black hole at times, don't fall into the craziness.

Just wait for 2 weeks.

Loudninja

To be honest, I won't be surprised if the PS4 has some issues at launch. But Sony has been pretty vocal about stating which features won't work for launch, while Microsoft has been radio-silent. Their whole approach to this rocky launch makes it that much worse.
Yeah of course the Ps4 will have issues at at launch,the question is how big?

Much more damage control in this thread than the 720p, or any of Microsoft's other blunder threads. Guess they had time to assemble since mort announced it was coming, rather than just dropping it on the forums.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Have read the OP twice over, as well as Mortimer's follow up. Seems to not only be broken or unreliable at present, but fundamentally flawed at a foundation level with it's current design implementation. Not something that can't necessarily be fixed, but not necessarily something that would be easy or quick to fix either.

Well i can't help you with your lack of reading comprehension

HMC

People are getting way too crazy with Jeff's simple comment. Also, he updated about that: http://blog.jeffgerstmann.net/post/65307196314/you-are-now-accidentally-the-person-who-has-confirmed

"Hah. Anyone taking that as confirmation of anything other than my feeling that no one is out there showing very much (if any) real, unedited footage of the Xbox One dashboard is reaching, big time. If people needed me to point that out to them, then they must not be paying very much attention.

It’s like watching people who don’t understand how numbers work trying to complete a connect the dots book. Everything’s connected!"

GAF reach? GTFO!

Seriously though, how many people in this thread are going to tell their XB1 pre-order buddies "OMG, online won't work form months dude!!! They just announced it!!!!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
With that said, Sony has there own challenges, and journo's are pissed off over a cavalcade of things. There is much skepticism as to if PSN will actually work on day 1.

Now this is something I'd love to hear about. Sony's been doing a lot of good since February, but they have a hell of a lot to prove in the software and network capability department. It's really strange how nothing seems to leak from Sony. Could they just have a tighter ship or is there just no bad news to leak?

New002

Well thank you for being logical. If the software is truly broken at launch then I will simply return the system and wait to buy a PS4 when it becomes available. I understand that this is a concern but it's jarring that people are passing this off as confirmation. I refuse to act on speculation and rumor. Waiting for proof and concrete evidence of a claim isn't downplaying a particular claim at all. It's simply waiting on a true confirmation before clicking off the safety and firing for effect.

I'm trying!

So Sony's problem seems to be that their online isn't up yet because they're waiting on the review event to enable it. Doesn't sound nowhere near the problems of Xbox.

damn, hope they've been thoroughly tested then

if these rumours are true we could be seeing a ps2 levels of win

It's crazy! I've been trying to get an answer to this post for a while and the thread is moving too fast! What are your thoughts?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=87769000&postcount=404

I get the feeling that what CBOAT was talking about was a different issue altogether, which hasn't been revealed yet.

Hey Viv :)

I don't think the ass storm cboat hinted at was hardware related to be honest

Personally I actually think the XBL and OS issues might be worse than some take away from mort's blog post. Granted that may be reaching but I do feel with what we know now it's going to be more problematic than voice chat not working out of the box

Proelites comments weren't about voice chat after all

TTOOLL

When did Shu show some of the PS4 UI? I can't remember the date, he even post a picture on Twitter. I mean, we haven't seen something similar in MS side.

Mahonay

Banned
Not as transparent? Pretty sure Sony just released patch notes on their day one update that detailed everything that wasn't shipping on the box.
Like multiplayer, which I thought was hilarious to read as something included inside of a patch. Here's hoping it actually functions properly.

They are definitely at least somewhat transparent, more than Microsoft for sure.

Gorillaz

I like when Jeff speaks up on something he has this coyish way of doing it.

It's like "i'm not flat out going to say it but read between the lines"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom