• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy War Tactics F2P Japanese style SRPG for IOS/Android

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
How big a difference do these sets make? I don't think I have enough rubies.

What?

What did you say?

I have $100 in itunes credit in my account?

No, I shouldn't...

garath

How big a difference do these sets make? I don't think I have enough rubies.

What?

What did you say?

I have $100 in itunes credit in my account?

No, I shouldn't...

I am 99% a f2p player in these games. I normally only buy cheap hugely beneficial promos (never more than 10 bucks). But given the immediate power boost of my 10 roll for the 1* black capsule, and how much fun I'm actually having playing, I am so so so tempted to throw some money at this. Even if its just to buy the $20 pack to get a 10 roll of 3* items.

commish

I always put a few bucks into these types of games. When I get into one, I usually put many hours into them, so I feel like I definitely get my money's worth. For this one, I only bought the $2 package.

Edit: What do we use the items in the Materials bag for? The EXP and upgrade materials ones I get, but what about the others? I have wizards, robbers, etc.

garath

I always put a few bucks into these types of games. When I get into one, I usually put many hours into them, so I feel like I definitely get my money's worth. For this one, I only bought the $2 package.

Edit: What do we use the items in the Materials bag for? The EXP and upgrade materials ones I get, but what about the others? I have wizards, robbers, etc.

I also bought the $2 package. It's a great value.

I'm pretty sure those other materials are just crappy xp fodder. Not even worth the gold use imo.

Now that I've made two 3* units and enhanced all my new items from the 10 pull, I'm pretty broke.

dacuk

I am playing it on Android.
My IGN is Cuk... I am greatly surprised at the quality of the game, as it plays flawlessly in my old Galaxy S4

N30RYU

Also playing on android... at first I couldn't believe it has 3d models and though it was sprite animations... and had a doubt till the costumes mode let me rotate the models.

danowat

Banned
Had to delete it because it kept playing up on my new S6, app kept hanging and freezing the whole phone up, and then the app crashing straight away on reboot of the phone.

Was nice, but too buggy for my phone.

garath

I can't decide if I should use my remaining crystals on another black capsule pull and if so, a 10 pull with 1* or 5 or so 3*. Ugh.

If I pull 1* I might be able to finish out some sets. If I pull some 3* I could really use 3* gear.

Or not pull at all and keep upgrading expedition.

Solid game, really liking it so far.
Is it p2w? How's the micro transactions?

There's plenty to do with crystals. Its pretty standard f2p fare. A cash influx would definitely get you ahead. But outside of the arena, there's not a lot of direct competition with others so it doesn't matter quite as much.

You don't get characters with currency, only equipment. You farm for characters or get them naturally through the story.

The game gives you a reasonable amount of free currency. I'd pick up the $2 starter pack if you are really interested too. Great value for the small money.

Amon37

Can you not choose the order on which your units move/attack? Also I hate how you have a limited number of turns to win but the enemy never goes on the offensive.

garath

Can you not choose the order on which your units move/attack? Also I hate how you have a limited number of turns to win but the enemy never goes on the offensive.

The order is determined by their order in the party. When you look at the party setup screen note the party number next to the character icon.

ReaperXL7

They will most of the time, its just an issue of you have to be within a specific range in order to agro the mobs to get them to come to you. The major exception is healers/ ranged as they usually will not come directly to you like melee/combat enemies.

The agro mechanic actually works in your favor when you have to do hard/hell modes that require you to kill the boss last.

garath

Wow. Getting heroes to level 4 is no joke huh. Need 6 level 4 rebirth materials. Doesn't even drop through level 4 of the nepathys dungeon. I haven't yet cleared level 4 so not sure if it drops from 5, let alone how uncommon it is. Its still very rare to get the level 3 material.

Names Lactose on the global server. I need some friends, no one has added me yet. It is annoying.

Game is pretty fun. Still waiting on a tactics ogre type game though. This games combo systems is a nice change of pace from the type of games I usually play.

Amon37

The order is determined by their order in the party. When you look at the party setup screen note the party number next to the character icon.

I saw that but I meant each round. I'd lose a lot less if I could choose their order every round like every other SRPG out there.

commish

Wow. Getting heroes to level 4 is no joke huh. Need 6 level 4 rebirth materials. Doesn't even drop through level 4 of the nepathys dungeon. I haven't yet cleared level 4 so not sure if it drops from 5, let alone how uncommon it is. Its still very rare to get the level 3 material.

My guys are soooo far from level 4, Xp-wise.

I added some GAF folks. My IGN is Noci.

I still don't really know which guys to focus on. My main team is Chris/Kai/Mas/Carrot/Deborah. Not sure if those are worth investing for the long term, or should I look into others like Jenny.

garath

My guys are soooo far from level 4, Xp-wise.

I added some GAF folks. My IGN is Noci.

I still don't really know which guys to focus on. My main team is Chris/Kai/Mas/Carrot/Deborah. Not sure if those are worth investing for the long term, or should I look into others like Jenny.

I've read that long term out of all those, Deborah is a definite keeper, carrot will be good for awhile. The rest get outclassed by later heroes. Mas will be replaced by Mu as a healer and Chris will be replaced by the werewolf guy Jack.

Thats all I've read so far.

My strat is to keep my core leveled and as strong as possible though. I keep hitting walls that is overcome only by strong investment in my current lineup.

Like right now I'm stuck on 4-11. I have Chris, Alfred, Deborah and carrot all 3* and mas almost max 2*. My 3* units are all around level 13 but seems like I need to get another 10 levels at least and maybe some good 3* gear to break this wall.

RS4-

Doesn't even work for me.

If I try to log in via google account, it gets stuck in an endless loading screen.
If I go as a guest, I can actually get to the scene where you add your name, then loading screen.

If I close the app and try to get back in, it's all in Korean. Select global server, back to the spinning load icon.

ReaperXL7

Doesn't even work for me.

If I try to log in via google account, it gets stuck in an endless loading screen.
If I go as a guest, I can actually get to the scene where you add your name, then loading screen.

If I close the app and try to get back in, it's all in Korean.ect global server, back to the spinning load icon.

Man that sucks, I wish I could offer some advice but this is the first time I'm seeing someone having an issue like that.

If you guys are wondering what the maintenance is for here are the details, they also listed the schedule for double gene and gold events.

https://m.nexon.com/forum/thread/1449-Patch-Note-–-1113-(Fri)

This is another solid and positive update as they are bringing down the difficulty spike on the 4th and 5th island as well as the mid tier resource dungeons. It was not a huge deal for me but there were times where I definitely noticed a spike in difficulty between certain stages. I thinks it's pretty great that Nexon is actually paying attention to feedback on this game, I hope they continue as this is easily my favorite mobile game.

I'll add everyone who's not named in the OP first thing in the morning.

garath

Woo. Unlocked chapter 5. I struggled with closing out 4 earlier. Farmed some genes for Deborah and carrot, gained about 3-4 levels for everyone in my main party and did a couple of potential and equipment passes and I was able to clear it with little issue.

Now to farm jack. He's going to replace my Chris eventually I think.

galvenize

How should one spend his crystals? Been saving up but I'm reluctant to spend unless there's a special event in the shop.

garath

Spend them on expedition levels initially. You want expedition level 4 asap so you can send out two at a time. This is your only ancient coins income and a significant amount of gold and sometimes crystals.

After that, next goals are expedition level 10 an possibly spending them on black capsule events where there's a higher chance of getting set pieces.

Some suggest getting a lord costume as the stats affect every one of your heroes but I've opted to skip the lord costume. The 1000 crystals is steep and looking at the stats, its not a late game item. The stat gains are pretty small for the cost.

I'm currently working toward expedition level 10. Its hard because levels like 6 are completely useless (reduced cost for finish immediately) but the end goal is good. I'm up to 7.

commish

I was cruising right along until world map 5, which is kicking my butt. Guess I have to level my dudes up a bit. I'm leveling up Jack and have him at 3*s, but not sure he's better than my Chris, as I love the stun.

Anyone else notice that the other team goes first in PvP about 95% of the time?

occelinho

Been playing it for an hour now thanks to this thread and I really like it!

My ingame name is occelinho on global server. I also sent friend requests to every android user listed in the first post.

Chariot

Bless this thread. I am playing for a week and I almost feel bad how much the game gives me shit so I don't have to pay anything. From the free extra energy twice a day, from a bit of energy refunded when I fail to stuff that doesn't cost energy, but maybe gives it. Not to mention all the ressources the game gives me just by playing. Played four hours yesterday without ever dropping to zero, thanks to overflow energy, "multiplayer" and level-ups along the way. I basically just stopped because I really needed some sleep.

The game's generousity could change of course, but thusfar I am very satisfied and might drop some bucks just to help the game that gives me the agency to pay and play on my own terms.

Thanks for making this thread, wouldn't know about the game otherwise. (And even if, the generic title would've made me pass instantly without ever knowing the greatness)

commish

The title of this game is *super* unfortunate. Can't believe someone thought it was a good title. I passed over this in the app store simply because of the name.

garath

Doing pretty well now. About a quarter through stage 5, my whole party is 3* and I'm almost max level with Deborah. Getting her to 4* will be a challenge though. I can't even beat stage 5 of the rebirth dungeon yet let alone farm it for 6 of the highest level golems.

I think maybe I need to shift my party around. I'm using Chris, Deborah, Alfred, carrot and Mas right now.

I'm thinking maybe swap in jack for Chris and serendi for Alfred or mas. I really like mas healing and Alfred aoe though. I hear really good things about serendi so want to use her.

Chariot

What benefit do the black capsules have contrary to the golden? There is an event now, I am currently saving for a lord costume and am thinking about postponing it till after the event to purchases black capsules if they are limited and cool.

garath

What benefit do the black capsules have contrary to the golden? There is an event now, I am currently saving for a lord costume and am thinking about postponing it till after the event to purchases black capsules if they are limited and cool.

Black capsules have a higher chance of certain set pieces. I did a 10 pull of 1* black capsule last event and don't regret it. I got some nice pieces.

On that note, I'm of the opinion that the Lord costume is kind of a waste. Its very minimal stats in the long run for quite a big chunk of crystals. I've instead been working on upgrading my expedition more (and pulling black capsule once in awhile). I think longer term gains will be far greater on the expeditions than the costume.

Chariot

Thanks four your replies. I already got my Expedition to 4, because I wanted a second slot, should I use my gems for getting it further up now or should I try to dip into the black capsules?

Tier list is pretty cool, need to adjust my team a bit. Albeit slightly hurt that my boy Sraka is so low.

Well, I've been playing this for a week, albeit very slowly and casually, so I think I may stick with it for a while! Any iOS folks, I'm Starhowler in-game. I'll send requests to everyone in the OP too.

I'm probably going to go right for expedition level 10 as well. The Lord costumes seem super overpriced for the stat boosts they offer, even if they do apply to all your heroes. The only one I'm wavering on is the 16 MP boost - is that valuable at all?

garath

Sorry guys. I might have rejected a few friend invites. Its getting costly to increase the friend list size now and I'm filling up so I'm being more choosy on the friend invites. Didn't realize we had the list of players on the OP :)

On another note, working on my team. I am trying to build up jack and serendi now. Got jack to 3* at least but he's way under the rest of my team. Need to keep leveling!

commish

Still enjoying this game but man has my progress stopped at the sixth world, haha. Let the grind commence!

Maedhros

Is it one of these games with "S level" characters that you need to reroll? ALL of them freaking sucks (tried every one of them), so I won't even try if it does have these elements.

Chariot

Is it one of these games with "S level" characters that you need to reroll? ALL of them freaking sucks (tried every one of them), so I won't even try if it does have these elements.
No. You roll weapons and equipment if anything, everyone starts with the same heroes and get the same heroes during the story. All heroes are earnable by farming their stages (and some by farming something else), but anyway, you get the heroes you want.

Also bless "Auto", It's nice that the game can farm easy stages comfortably by itself.

commish

Auto in this game is pretty good - tries to group enemies for AOE, attacks from the side/back when possible, heals when it should, etc. It's definitely not optimal - you'll do better with manual control every time - but it's good enough that I just auto the first 4 or so continents.

Getting my guys to 4* is going to take forever. The upgrade mat needed is a pain in the ass to get and I need six! Even when I SS the level I usually don't get 1.

Chariot

I use auto to farm materials in nephyr. While I doing something else. Thus I only have to look at my phone once in a while and make two three taps to do it again. Apropors farming, any good places to get gold? I went straight from drowning in it to begging at church after my group started to hit three stars.

garath

Man. So many people have 4* units on my friends list now. I can finally SS the stage 5 of the rebirth dungeon so its grind grind grind to get those 6 golems. My Deborah is level 50 just waiting. I can ALMOST just auto the stage. Unfortunately I still need a little bit of manal intervention in terms of a lord heal but it's still pretty smooth. Hopefully I'll get it today or tomorrow. I'm falling behind.

I'll have Mu today too. That should be real nice. Don't know who I'm going to replace to put her in though. Currently using:

Deborah
Alfred
Carrot
Serendi
Jack

Probably Alfred. But I really like his aoe. Dunno.

garath

Woot. Just got my Deborah to 4*. Man she's so much stronger now. I even had a blue 4* crossbow to give her. She's one shotting things now. Bet I can get through the remainder of stage 5 now and start farming serendi genes.

Althane

I use auto to farm materials in nephyr. While I doing something else. Thus I only have to look at my phone once in a while and make two three taps to do it again. Apropors farming, any good places to get gold? I went straight from drowning in it to begging at church after my group started to hit three stars.

We're getting a million over the weekend, I'm told.

I've got 2 3*'s (Chris and Ian), and am working on Deborah and Kai to get them to 3* as well. For my current team I'm using Chris, Sraka, Kai, Ian and Deborah.

Thinking of replacing Sraka with Carrot, but right now Ian is one of my big hitters. Once I get Mu, she'll probably replace Kai, since I could use a healer (mostly running on using the Heal spell).

Thoughts?

garath

We're getting a million over the weekend, I'm told.

I've got 2 3*'s (Chris and Ian), and am working on Deborah and Kai to get them to 3* as well. For my current team I'm using Chris, Sraka, Kai, Ian and Deborah.

Thinking of replacing Sraka with Carrot, but right now Ian is one of my big hitters. Once I get Mu, she'll probably replace Kai, since I could use a healer (mostly running on using the Heal spell).

Thoughts?

I've read that sraka and ian are pretty mediocre. Carrot you can use for a bit. Mu will be more of a tank apparently and could replace Chris.

commish

Woot. Just got my Deborah to 4*. Man she's so much stronger now. I even had a blue 4* crossbow to give her. She's one shotting things now. Bet I can get through the remainder of stage 5 now and start farming serendi genes.

You don't want to know how many times I've played that damn green idol stage in an attempt to get my Deb to 4*. I can't auto it, so I have to manually fight each time. I've been stuck on 5 out of 6 big idols FOREVER ahhhhhhh

garath

You don't want to know how many times I've played that damn green idol stage in an attempt to get my Deb to 4*. I can't auto it, so I have to manually fight each time. I've been stuck on 5 out of 6 big idols FOREVER ahhhhhhh

I feel you. I couldn't quite auto it myself. However once I got SS, you get SS every time thereafter even if you have 1 person left on turn 20 so it was just a matter of using heal and bringing in helpers once in awhile. I got lucky for the last two and got it in one run. I think I averaged one every 3 runs. Already working on blue now. I figure Mu will be my next 4*.

Still can't beat island 5 though lol. Damn chemist still beating me.

Althane

I've read that sraka and ian are pretty mediocre. Carrot you can use for a bit. Mu will be more of a tank apparently and could replace Chris.

Ian is my crit cat right now, absolutely destroying. I'll get Carrot up to 3* and see if that replaces Ian.

50% of the way to Mu, so it's a bit of a Muut point anyways.

:)

Top Bottom