• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy War Tactics F2P Japanese style SRPG for IOS/Android

Uthred

Decided to try this out, enjoying it so far (only played for an hour or so). The conversion rate on the starter pack is wonky it seems, shows as $1.99 but costs €2.19, not that the difference will break the bank.

garath

Got Mu. Her skill set seems way OP. Long road to level her up though. I had saved a ton of blue enhancers but only got her to 2* level 30 :(

Hubb

Got Mu. Her skill set seems way OP. Long road to level her up though. I had saved a ton of blue enhancers but only got her to 2* level 30 :(

Is the only way to get Mu through ancient coins? I am not very far in terms of story, but recruitment information seems to only point to the shop.

garath

Is the only way to get Mu through ancient coins? I am not very far in terms of story, but recruitment information seems to only point to the shop.

Yep. That's why it's good to level your expedition to 4 asap. Get two going at once and get those coins coming in.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yeah I have Mu but she's so much weaker than my other characters, it will be a while before she can keep up. I'm about ready to retire Chris. Was/is a good character but it's just too hard/random to farm her genes to level her skills.

edit: New weekend dungeon is up. It takes SO F'ING MAN genes to get the hero. I guess it's something to aim for next time when I can complete higher difficulty levels.

Uthred

Is there any way to farm the materials for gear refinement or are they just random dungeon rank rewards?

Torn on whether to upgrade my expedition (have it at 4) or go for a 2* Black gacha 10 pull.

Chariot

Is there any way to farm the materials for gear refinement or are they just random dungeon rank rewards?

Torn on whether to upgrade my expedition (have it at 4) or go for a 2* Black gacha 10 pull.
Look into Nephys dungeon. There should be an information button that shows what day of the week you can farm what materials.

Uthred

Equip upgrades can get expensive, blew a lot getting a 2* weapon from 8->9, probably should have left it but damn it I needed to hear that ding! ;)

Althane

Apparently quitting and restarting the app is a standard trick for Dimensional Rift so you can avoid RNG-fuckery?

Also, once you hit level 6 in the DR, you can start swapping out people to get Hellfires off on the enemy team, before sending in your full team to crush 'em.

I dunno how I feel about cheating like that, but damn it gets hard.

garath

Apparently quitting and restarting the app is a standard trick for Dimensional Rift so you can avoid RNG-fuckery?

Also, once you hit level 6 in the DR, you can start swapping out people to get Hellfires off on the enemy team, before sending in your full team to crush 'em.

I dunno how I feel about cheating like that, but damn it gets hard.

Hmm. I haven't done any trickery like that. I'm basically just using it as a daily source of gold. I get to level 7 pretty easily with my team. Though I did read they nerfed the hellfire trick or something.

Maybe I'm missing out on some rewards by not getting further.

commish

Hmm. I haven't done any trickery like that. I'm basically just using it as a daily source of gold. I get to level 7 pretty easily with my team. Though I did read they nerfed the hellfire trick or something.

Maybe I'm missing out on some rewards by not getting further.

I haven't done any hellfire trick, but I can definitely say that I usually only get gold 99% of the time when I do the rift, even when I get to levels 9 and 10.

Althane

I haven't done any hellfire trick, but I can definitely say that I usually only get gold 99% of the time when I do the rift, even when I get to levels 9 and 10.

I thought you got gold for each level? I'm usually getting 10k-20k gold per fight.

It's the gene fragments that I'm interested in, apparently you need 360 to get the guy. I'm at 10 right now.

It's gonna take forever.

garath

Gotcha. Good to know. I usually don't push it at all. I just auto battle until I lose a person or two and stop. I'm not really hurting for gold right now so I haven't stressed it. Just getting to level 7 is almost 100k per day by itself.

commish

I thought you got gold for each level? I'm usually getting 10k-20k gold per fight.

It's the gene fragments that I'm interested in, apparently you need 360 to get the guy. I'm at 10 right now.

It's gonna take forever.

I meant, I get *just* gold and no fragments. Fragments are very, very rare.

Sölf

Sounds interesting. Haven't really played a Tactical RPG since FE Awakening. So sure, why not? I'll give it a try and post some impressions later on.

ZiZ

I started playing a week or so ago, but when I started I didn't check the inbox so I think I might've missed out on the Chris pirate costume.

is there anyway to still get it without restarting the game?

also, my in game name Ziz please feel free to add me.

Althane

Do expeditions to get ancient coins, use them in the store over the course of a number of days to buy the gene fragments. It takes 12ish days to get them all.

Yeah, keep in mind that you can only buy 10 fragments per character per day, so it'll take at least 11 days to get Mu (108 frags), and unless you get lucky, you're probably not farming the full 150 coins each day.

I'm a few days away from getting Mu. Kind of pumped. Changed my team around to:

Chris (Tank + Stuns)
Deb (Death.)
Carrot (POINTY Death)
Ian (Dodgy Death)
Kai (... eh. No, I don't really have a good reason)

Kai will probably get replaced with Mu, now that I'm looking at it. If I can get Jack, he'll replace Chris. But farming Jack will probably require a few more power boosts for my team, barely beat him the last time.

garath

My team flexes based on what the dungeon looks like. But if I have a "main" team it looks like:

Mu
Deborah
Jack
Serendi
Carrot

From my findings, they have some of the more long term returns of investment.

Deborah is my highest. She's level 20 4* right now. Working on getting Mu to 4* next. She's up to level 30 3*. Serendi will probably follow that. But I really need to start farming serendi genes. I can't quite auto it so it's been annoying to do.

commish

My team is pretty set on

Carrot
Kai
Jack
Deborah
Combo of Mu/Chris/Mas

Carrot/Kai/Jack/Deb are all 4* and the rest are on their way.

garath

My team is pretty set on

Carrot
Kai
Jack
Deborah
Combo of Mu/Chris/Mas

Carrot/Kai/Jack/Deb are all 4* and the rest are on their way.

Wow. You've made good progress. I'm xp constrained in getting my other units to 4*. Not enough golden coocoos to go around.

Getting the rebirth materials is annoying but pretty straightforward now. Almost have enough for a paper hero. Will work on a rock one next.

garath

Nobody using Cowgirl? I use her over Carrot because her AOE is nuts

No. She doesn't seem to scale very well compared to the others.

Carrot has a pretty good aoe, though the stubborn AI likes to use the third skill first and blow all her mana. Same problem I have with Mu.

commish

Wow. You've made good progress. I'm xp constrained in getting my other units to 4*. Not enough golden coocoos to go around.

Getting the rebirth materials is annoying but pretty straightforward now. Almost have enough for a paper hero. Will work on a rock one next.

The ability to auto battle while at work plus my GF deciding to watch the stupid How to get away with murder show meant that I was able to do a lot of runs, haha.

Sölf

So, after stating this yesterday and playing a bit, it's actually more fun than I though, even though it seems to go more into the Disgaea direction, with all those items, characters, rebirth and stuff. I am not really far yet (1-7 I think?), but when do the main missions actually get somewhat harder? I mean, I am like oneshotting everything at the moment.

Hubb

Sölf;186646757 said:
So, after stating this yesterday and playing a bit, it's actually more fun than I though, even though it seems to go more into the Disgaea direction, with all those items, characters, rebirth and stuff. I am not really far yet (1-7 I think?), but when do the main missions actually get somewhat harder? I mean, I am like oneshotting everything at the moment.

Yeah it increases. You certainly hit a wall in the not so far future. Specially if you aren't upgrading your items/rebirthing units.

Uthred

Farming gene's seems to use up most of my daily energy at the moment. Anyone found a good grinding stage or is it just a matter of auto-ing on the highest stage you can reliably SS?

Murmur

Just started this and quite enjoying it. Nice to have some gameplay to go along with the rest of my OCD stuff. Nice counter to my Heroes Charge grind lol.

In game name is Slintaii ... will be pouring over the info people have been posting. Expedition to 4; got it.

ReaperXL7

Is this game actually good, or just addictive? :)

I'd say a bit of both and the devs have been surprisingly supportive of the game which is something I had heard mixed things about from Nexon in the past but between this and Mabongi Duelz I'm pretty impressed.

My main team right now is Jack, Deb, Sonic Boom, Serdendi and Carrot and it's been serving me well. I have almost enough genes for Unknown from the ancient coin shop and I'll probably replace carrot with him, pretty close to having persona from the ppvp shop as well come to think of it.

I'm looking forward to when people get farther in and seeing what teams will look like once people start picking who to farm for.

Yukiari

So the new update kind of broke my game. I'm unable to update because apparently now my device is not compatible. Anyone else having issues with this update?

ReaperXL7

So the new update kind of broke my game. I'm unable to update because apparently now my device is not compatible. Anyone else having issues with this update?

yeah I have seen some people having issues with this, Here is a link to the solution I saw posted on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FantasyWar...to_fix_your_device_isnt_compatible_with_this/

Hope that works for you.

Also here are the patch notes for anyone interested in what was updated,its a pretty big list of stuff so i'm not going to post it all here.

http://m.nexon.com/forum/thread/1879-Patch-Note---1126(Thu)

commish

Even though Kai is one of my highest leveled characters, he's kind of a one trick pony with his third skill. If that's not available, he's not that good. Might try to phase him out, at least in PvE. In PvP, that 3rd skill alone can take out 2 people if it crits.

Teletraan1

Banned
This game really spams the Buy Stuff ads every other screen. I played for 20m last night and had to cancel at least 10 of those screens, often the same one begging me to buy currency for the game.

commish

This game really spams the Buy Stuff ads every other screen. I played for 20m last night and had to cancel at least 10 of those screens, often the same one begging me to buy currency for the game.

For most if not all, you can click "dont' ask me again today" so you should only see them once.

Uthred

Is there any way to get those golem heads apart from the Nethys levels? Have Deb's stuck on 3* and cant seem to clear the fifth level of the golems.

Whizkid7

Oh boy...another mobile game I should probably stay away fro-

Wazzat? SRPG? Comparisons to Disgaea? Resistance...crumbling...

garath

Is there any way to get those golem heads apart from the Nethys levels? Have Deb's stuck on 3* and cant seem to clear the fifth level of the golems.

Stick to level 4. You'll really struggle on level 5. Concentrate on getting SS then thereafter you will always get SS regardless of outcome. Spam it after that. You'll probably get 1 golem every 3-4 runs on stage 4

garath

Black coocoo event again. The 3* sets look blah. One of the 4* sets looks great. A couple of the 2* sets are good too.

Chances of getting a full set pretty small so I may opt to just spend my 600 crystals on individual 4* pulls. I only have a single piece of non basic equipment so even a green would be a step up.

The only reason I wouldn't is to maybe buy serendi's costume. It has +1 mov and is on sale. I already have level 10 expedition so that's out of the way.

Decisions decisions.

commish

Yeah I don't know what to spend my gems on at this point. I figured equipment, but I *never* get set pieces, even with the bonus. But the set bonuses are so good!

garath

Yeah I don't know what to spend my gems on at this point. I figured equipment, but I *never* get set pieces, even with the bonus. But the set bonuses are so good!

Yeah. Only thing left to buy is costumes or equipments.

I think I'll just go for some 4* pieces. Should help me.

Uthred

Rewards for clearing Tezen are a bit underwhelming, anyone who has it cleared probably doesnt have much use for 1* Blues. What does the Mastery stat do?

Rewards for clearing Tezen are a bit underwhelming, anyone who has it cleared probably doesnt have much use for 1* Blues. What does the Mastery stat do?

You have a range of damage. The higher the mastery, the closer to the top of the range of damage you do.

so if it is like 500-1000 damage, you will do closer to 1000.

Fishious

I downloaded the game when the thread went up, but never had time to actually play it until this week. I'm going through Vulcan right now. I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying it so far. The core gameplay is more or less a fully featured SRPG and I'm digging the gotta catch 'em all thing with the genes. Maybe my opinion will change when I hit a difficulty brick wall, but for now it seems pretty great.

Would anyone be willing to friend me? And does the invite friend function for randoms not work or something? I must have sent out hundreds of requests by now, but I haven't gotten a single accept, nor have I received any through this system. I've gotten a few people to friend me through the chat, but at this point I've got less than 5 friends.

I noticed the OP has a list of players separated by platform. Can iOS players not play with Android? Anyways, my IGN is Fishious and I'm using Android.

Top Bottom