• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 5 Announced, more details coming soon

People are saying it won't sell great because of RDR2. But watch next week when that Take Two investors call happens and they announce a delay. It would surprise me if they don't. I hope not though. But I'm sure both games will sell just fine.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
People are saying it won't sell great because of RDR2. But watch next week when that Take Two investors call happens and they announce a delay. It would surprise me if they don't. I hope not though. But I'm sure both games will sell just fine.

no reason not to be released this year they started on it when red dead released in what was that like 2010?

Alexious

Far Cry games seem like games I should enjoy, but I just don't. I tried three a few times, and bounced right off of four. I haven't quite been able to put into words what puts me off so hard, but I think it's just the general Ubisoft way of making their open world games into nagging simulators.

I just want someone to create Skyrim or Breath of the Wild, except a quality FPS (I enjoyed Fallout 4, but it wasn't a quality FPS). I prefer open world games that don't tell me what to do and encourage me to just wander around and find stuff. Maybe Far Cry 5 will be that?

Honestly, when it launched Far Cry 3 was exactly what you are describing.

SomTervo

Far cry 4 or far cry 3.7, that is the question

well said, but FTFY

Far Cry games seem like games I should enjoy, but I just don't. I tried three a few times, and bounced right off of four. I haven't quite been able to put into words what puts me off so hard, but I think it's just the general Ubisoft way of making their open world games into nagging simulators.

I just want someone to create Skyrim or Breath of the Wild, except a quality FPS (I enjoyed Fallout 4, but it wasn't a quality FPS). I prefer open world games that don't tell me what to do and encourage me to just wander around and find stuff. Maybe Far Cry 5 will be that?

As said above, Far Cry 3 was very close to this. It was before Ubi's games went all the way into 'collectathon' territory.

Besides that, though, STALKER and Prey (2017) sound like the games you want.

no reason not to be released this year they started on it when red dead released in what was that like 2010?

I know man, but it's just so goddamn quiet when it comes to this game. But surely we'll hear something next week. That is the time to announce if something big is planned. Delay or not. But history has shown us that Rockstar games get delayed. It changed for Bethesda though, so it could for Rockstar too.

The Argus

It sure looks like a modern Montana game now so the two titles probably won't have any overlap. That said RDR2 will sell 3-4 times FC5 will, though FC5 will be successful I'm sure. R* thirst is real.

It sure looks like a modern Montana game now so the two titles probably won't have any overlap. That said RDR2 will sell 3-4 times FC5 will, though FC5 will be successful I'm sure. R* thirst is real.

Yup. Modern day makes me only more hyped for the new Far Cry then. More than if it was old West.

EDIT: No other info came from the conference call, but they said it will be shared soon

Original:

C_9MWz4W0AASX5p.jpg:large

http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/1579-Far-Cry-5

Bland Setting Confirmed

or is this a subtle play at irony?

Hopefully, there's a good radio. At least give me a parody conservative station, a station that's broadcasting for the extremists, and a classic rock/country station for music.

Top Bottom