• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV copies out in the wild (street date broken in Peru, possibly elsewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mortal

Gold Member
This is another thing they didn't fix/improve from Type-0.

That's the thing though, it's not something the can simply be "fixed" like a patch.

It comes down to whether or not a director has the creative capability to accomplish that. The truth is, not everybody does.

strafer

Been playing that first game with the character Lightning...my first FF since 10 and I kinda like her.

Been hyping myself up for some FF.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
See, this is why people shouldn't overhype themselves that the maps are going to be much more bigger than GTA.

Then again, SE is at fault for creating a 10-year hype.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
If I'm not mistaken the massive clay map is overall geometry not playable area. If you look at people breaking out of the Judgement demo for example you can see the geometry goes quite far but it's not playable area. I was always a little confused why they showed that particular map, it was never going to all be hand crafted playable space.

You guys comparing Final Fantasy to Souls are really confusing the fuck out of me right now because none of your comparisons have been logical whatsoever and I implore you to stop.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
You guys comparing Final Fantasy to Souls are really confusing the fuck out of me right now because none of your comparisons have been logical whatsoever and I implore you to stop.

Stopping is the Demon's Souls of verbage, but Dark Souls 1 is a lot like making baseless comparisons to Bloodborne on internet forum NeoGAF.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Stopping is the Demon's Souls of verbage, but Dark Souls 1 is a lot like making baseless comparisons to Bloodborne on internet forum NeoGAF.

Maybe we should compare FF with the modern Sonic games instead. :p

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
If I compare this map:

http://i.imgur.com/NAYDVk4.png

With the whole world map:

http://imgur.com/rfsUGlW

Still seems fine by me. Duscae was already big in my opinion.

Compared to other open world titles Duscae is tiny. FFXV seems to be made up of a few different Duscae size regions but I'm not sure actual playable space will compare with other games. Which is the opposite of what the clay map they publish was trying to imply really. Still I have to admit I'm not sure, someone who's played it could jump in about world size.

That map...

so...uh....

Did I accidentally explore 1/5th of the game by playing the duscae demo then?

Lol, no. Episode Duscae is the little triangle in the larger Duscae region up and to the right of the big crater/disc. Just the primary landmass is plenty big here.

My own concern about other regions isn't wanting another equally big landmass (although if you add up Altissia and the dessert continent and random islands seems close), but is rather whether we get a bunch of interesting explorable regions we haven't seen much of yet (like Tenebrae, or Terraverde).

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
『Inaba Resident』;225236237 said:
Map seems fine to me when you remember how big these places actually. Duscae alone is already big as fuck. Not to mention, theres gonna multiple dungeons to go into.

I'm inclined to agree. World size isn't really worrying me. What I hope is that either the story picks up in the second half or Solid Sora's statement about there being so little story in the first eight chapters ends up being something I disagree with. Or both. We can have both.

Maybe we should compare FF with the modern Sonic games instead. :p

Sonic Unleashed is the Game of Thrones Season 5 of JJ Abrams Star Trek movies. Final Fantasy VIII is the Sonic Adventure 2 of Final Fantasy games on the Sony PlayStation 1. Tabata era BALEE is the miracle that never happen. I literally have no idea what I am even typing anymore. I have been in this thread way, way, way too long.

wmlk

Duscae is actually pretty massive. Episode Duscae takes place in a patch of land that's about like an eight of the full region. Leide is big but boring, and I hope Cleigne offers more variety.

I don't want another region, I just want more interesting areas after Altissia.

EDIT: What Yankee said.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
By the way at this point the answers to all your questions are actually out there. If you really don't want to be spoiled I'd suggest you should be careful trying to guess things because someone will come along and tell you for sure. This thread is slowly filling with proper info and turning into it's own slower spoiler thread over time.

Hawk269

The only Final Fantasy games I have played was the on-line one, never played any other FF other than the one that came out shortly after the PS1 came out, cant remember which one. Was never a fan of the style or anything, but this one has piqued my interest. Do we know when reviews are coming out for it? My nephew wont stop talking about it and he is a pretty good judge of games...but I still want to read reviews before making a decision.

Boke1879

A lot of you should probably stop spoiling and forming opinions about things without actually playing the game.

You guys really seem like you're going to spoil yourselves by asking some of these questions honestly. Just go into the game and experience it instead of having preconceived notions.

Duscae is actually pretty massive. Episode Duscae takes place in a patch of land that's about like an eight of the full region. Leide is big but boring, and I hope Cleigne offers more variety.

I don't want another region, I just want more interesting areas after Altissia.

EDIT: What Yankee said.

Did you mess w/ Judgement wmlk? I thought Leide was really boring to look at too from the footage I'd seen. But once I started exploring, PARTICULARLY driving, I started to really like it. It's got a great American Southwest feel w/ the canyons and rock formations, particularly w/ some of the more sweeping vistas at sunrise or sunset highlighting the great atmospheric distance cues.

Whether it was the right place to start the game, well, I'm not sure about that.

Lynx_7

Solid Sora's impressions sounds great to me, though I'm disappointed by the lack of story. Not that I didn't expect that already, but it's still a shame to see it confirmed. A lot of the more appealing elements from early trailers that got me interested in the game in the first place are probably entirely absent. Here's hoping the linear section at least delivers on the atmosphere front.

nemisis0

By the way at this point the answers to all your questions are actually out there. If you really don't want to be spoiled I'd suggest you should be careful trying to guess things because someone will come along and tell you for sure. This thread is slowly filling with proper info and turning into it's own slower spoiler thread over time.

Yeah by the time the games out we will know were every boss is on each map and everything in this thread lol

Only thing I'm wondering is... sort of beyond Duscae, like... I don't have a problem with some or even a lot of the game happening in that region, but I kind of envisioned everything as... it starts there, and as the story picks up it moves into more and more creative and fantasy-based environments and going-ons. I have no idea how to explain it beyond that.

wmlk

Did you mess w/ Judgement wmlk? I thought Leide was really boring to look at too from the footage I'd seen. But once I started exploring, PARTICULARLY driving, I started to really like it. It's got a great American Southwest feel w/ the canyons and rock formations, particularly w/ some of the more sweeping vistas at sunrise or sunset highlighting the great atmospheric distance cues.

Whether it was the right place to start the game, well, I'm not sure about that.

Nah, I haven't played it. Getting a Pro for the main thing. I think someone pointed out earlier that it could be a Hinterlands problem in DA: I where people spend their entire lives in the most boring area of the game. Like you, I think I've a problem with it being the start of the game.

Only thing I'm wondering is... sort of beyond Duscae, like... I don't have a problem with some or even a lot of the game happening in that region, but I kind of envisioned everything as... it starts there, and as the story picks up it moves into more and more creative and fantasy-based environments and going-ons. I have no idea how to explain it beyond that.

Well that's literally what Tabata said lol. We just gotta see if that holds true.

Gbraga

That map...

so...uh....

Did I accidentally explore 1/5th of the game by playing the duscae demo then?

You mean Episode Duscae or did you get to play the game during some event? If the former, that's not the entire Duscae region, it's just this:

Rm8JkeY.jpg

『Inaba Resident』;225236747 said:
Well that's literally what Tabata said lol. We just gotta see if that holds true.

Right and I would be absolutely thrilled if it played out that way, Duscae seems like a very fine starting point and I wouldn't mind spending hours there, but I guess for me I envisioned it, based on what I've heard as a sort of three-hour structure:

Act One: opening, Duscae, most of the sidequests and whatnot
Act Two: they move on, crazier environments, bosses, story picks up, gets more linear
Act Three: story gets very linear, huge bosses, final boss, finale/ending

I thought it was going to be that the first half of the game is mostly like Duscae but then gets more visually "fantasy" as it heads toward the finale.

Ran rp

This was my belief. Or hope.

I'm not sure how much of the main continent has been shown already, but if the game doesn't get more fantastical than what we've seen then that's a major bummer.

『Inaba Resident』;225236747 said:

Tabata says a lot of things.

Nah, I haven't played it. Getting a Pro for the main thing. I think someone pointed out earlier that it could be a Hinterlands problem in DA: I where people spend their entire lives in the most boring area of the game. Like you, I think I've a problem with it being the start of the game.

Fair enough -- I think it might work better as a second or third region, once the rhythm of the road had been established. Leaving greener pastures, you come down from a pass through a canyon and enter a dusty land, where the rivers run dry, and alien rock shapes sail by like ships as your wheels eat up the highway miles, that kind of thing.

You mean Episode Duscae or did you get to play the game during some event? If the former, that's not the entire Duscae region, it's just this:

Thank you -- and I spent probably 5 hours just in Episode Duscae before I felt I'd really seen everything there was to see 0_0.

AngryNeox

Neo Member
Surprised to see so many shocked about the map. I was like 95% sure it would look like this. 5% was just me hoping I'm wrong.

Especially since we had this which basically shows the "open world" and the "linear path":

Funny though this picture goes even further to the left making the other map incomplete:

Red square is missing.

On a side note though, it's interesting how Altissia is really detailed on the big map. It looks much more similiar to the right continent than to the left one (which we have known for a long time is NOT open world). So maybe a bit hype for open world Altissia and surroundings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom