• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 9-15 | Mikrotransaktions™

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Need to start a poll in FGW for naming Kar's new baby
chart

kirblar

Why are people talking as if I was talking about SFV? I was referring to Capcom Cup having zero announcements for 2015, making it harder for people to plan for non-EVO events.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Congrats on the new baby Karsticles! Don't let these loonies name your baby, they'd only come up with horrible names.

Tizoc

.la1n

Kitana and Reptile MK X stream this Thursday, guess we can get a better look behind the mask ;P

Frantic

Karst's kid will probably end up with a name that looks as though it's derived from a genital, so the FGW should be given the right to name it for the good of the kid's future.
loljk

Why are people talking as if I was talking about SFV? I was referring to Capcom Cup having zero announcements for 2015, making it harder for people to plan for non-EVO events.

Well Larry did announce Final Round as a CPT 2015 event. No details of any kind yet, he's still holding back on that info. But I imagine it will be the first CPT Premiere Event of the year and probably the first overall as well.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/10106047/#Comment_10106047

I don't think Capcom will really get the ball rolling on information about CPT 2015 until the beginning of next month.

It looks like someone uploaded the Daigo vs Momochi long set from Topanga League onto youtube.

I noticed some guy was uploading all the recent Topanga A League matches. So I kept checking and he finally uploaded Daigo vs Momochi(the FT7 set) last night. That was my first time watching it, that was a fantastic set. I hope to see another one(and by that I mean a long set) between these two at some point this year.

onionfrog

I probably won't get to go to Evo because it turns out my wife is 10 weeks pregnant. :)
Congratulations Karst!

The only Mega Man I ever wanna see in a fighting game is the Mega Man from the animated series, one-liners and all.

He would be a command throw character.
I would be OK with this. The Ruby Spears cartoon is a guilty pleasure of mine.
I used to get up at 7am on Sundays as a kid to watch it. >_>

It would be a way better troll idea than fat Mega Man from SFxT.

shaowebb

I would be OK with this. The Ruby Spears cartoon is a guilty pleasure of mine.
I used to get up at 7am on Sundays as a kid to watch it. >_>

Its long since been a guilty favorite of mine. I bought both seasons and I can't tell you how many evenings I've just had friends over trolling and commenting on the show laughing our asses off at it. My God Electric Nightmare and Curse of the Lion Men are comedy gold.

Fun Fact. My wife made the Derp Megman image. It dates to a thread I put up here on Gaf. Derping the eyes was a fun time for us :)

I don't think next gen could render all of Ruby Spears Megaman's abs though.

IoBbZtQ.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Q probably sticks up for himself more so than anybody here.

Watching Aris speedrun RE and he's already near 30 mins at the beginning, too busy talking and forgetting his stuff.

Kumubou

I never understood why people thought so much of SSBM was a happy accident. It seemed like they were well aware of the main issues SSB64 had and they were all addressed in Meele. I think what would be more interesting would be to really figure out to what extent the game was planned, in terms of the skill ceilings being what they are and some of the craziness that can happen in that game. The article touches on things that were deliberate by HAL but it doesn't really go to that next level, which I would say is a bit disappointing if it wouldn't end up being complete speculation.

The more important thing I think is that games need to have solid fundamental systems, and I think SSBM and MvC2 speak to that better than anything. If the game's core rules are solid, it can withstand a ton of bullshit. Both of those games have some really dumb stuff in it but the game lets you work around it.

vocab

Wat?

He's a mid-tier character that has some real strugglematches.

He's a midtier character that plays nothing like a guilty gear character, and is a complete low effort high reward character.

Aside from a few mechanical issues I have with the game, him and elphelt are the reason I don't play anymore.

You can't even realistically defend against leo without either doing research outside the game, or buying the charatcer to learn his moveset. Awful design, and fuck anyone who plays him.

Top Bottom