• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 10-16 | We got new fighting games! And a new Smash Bros!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It wouldn't be so bad if you could turn it off. God knows the amount of accidental shit in this game is infuriating enough as is.
Yup. Especially in a game with magic series' for some characters, and a game where you often have to mash a combo out as fast as possible, putting shortcuts on two adjacent buttons like L and M is a bad idea.

SmokeMaxX

Does it happen on PS3? lol

It's exclusive to PS3. Pozerwolf from Austin was saying that it's because the game was designed for XBL profiles. Since PS3 doesn't force you to sign in like XBL does and makes a clone profile instead, after a certain sequence, the fake profile gets reset to whatever the real profile's layout is.

I think Austin has it figured out on what causes it. I don't remember the exact sequence, but I think it's something like fake profile loses, goes back to character select, then selects the same character. I'll go find Pozer's explanation and come back.

SmokeMaxX

Pozer's explanation:

As for the glitch, basically all that needs to be done is this: During a match, do your button config. Have the 'main player' (sometimes player one, sometimes player two, which ever the profile is tied to on your PS3) save his config first on Custom 1. Player 2 does Customer 2 - 4, saves it, and goes to character select. Pick your character, play your match, win lose, who cares. Now, go back to character select screen instead of hitting rematch. Have the 'main player' select his character first, BAM, both players are now running Custom 1 or default settings.

The reason behind this is because the game was originally designed for Xbox 360, where both players need a profile to play (hence why when playing on 360, if 2nd player jumps in, it'll ask if he wants to make a profile. If he doesn't, it'll just make him a dummy profile for the game). The dummy profile is still on the PS3 version, but you can't access. And because it's only running on one profile, it just assumes both players are running the same settings.

From what I was told, best ways to avoid this, have controllers running player 2 or 3, or even 4 to 5. Only button config on Character Select... and I think that's basically it. I don't know how reliable this resolves this, but yeah...

He notes that most people don't notice the glitch because they play on default layouts. Since he plays on a custom layout, he notices it more.

EDIT: Sorry for double post

kirblar

Lets go Art!

Edit: If Art's opponent is going to try and lame out via defense gems, likely should switch to full meter as a response.

TheChits

FREEMP
KuGsj.gif

BadWolf

More top Japanese KOFXIII players are confirm for Evo, courtesy of Sharnt from dreamcancel:

Ogosho, Koukou, Kaoru, Wuu, Tokido, Mago, Picnic, Kantoku, Sange and Haregoro are officially coming to the EVO this year.

With this the Evo will really be a KOF 13 World Championship.

Shouta

You guys are talking about the Injustice control reset problem right? I think it's an issue with the 360 version too. Some of the Injustice guys were talking about it at Northwest Majors, I think. I could be wrong though.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";64040831]Philosophically, I feel like I should really enjoy Blazblue for the systems, but it's just too ugly. The UI is ugly, the characters are ugly, the animation is ugly, the hit sparks are ugly and the combos are the ugliest of any recent game I can think of this side of KI.

If you had a game with all those systems but it looked like 3rd Strike, I'd probably play it every day. I'm sad they didn't work more on P4A sequels, that game is way prettier.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like prebaked bias, p4a looks the same to me in almost every way outside of character design/ui color. P4A has worst animation btw :p But for the most part they are close in that regard as well.

For example
http://www.dustloop.com/guides/p4arena/hitbox/Mitsuru/2AB.html

http://www.dustloop.com/guides/bbcse/hitbox/ragna/5C.html

The combos being ugly doesn't even make sense. P4A combos are about as generic as you can get with a few exceptions.

gutabo

Can Thawk ultra grab punish DP FADC forward?

Every grappler with a one frame ultra throw can, and not only sagat's but everyone else's too(even stuff like cammy's drill FADC ). In sagat's case you can also throw after an ex tiger knee.

EDIT: also it doesn't matter if the ultra freeze happens after the throw(honda, guy, boxer) or before(gief, hawk, hakan).

Shouta

Standing into fireballs too much Native. D= Making my T.hawk blood cry.

Also, he needs to do blocked s.lp into 360 if he's forcing folks to block the first jab.

Top Bottom