• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 10-16 | We got new fighting games! And a new Smash Bros!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";64120836]That would make you the 2nd best Q on gaf.[/QUOTE]

You mean the best. Only people that gave me a hard time when I played 100% on GAF are Tek and Farms.

I'll gladly do a 1st to 100 and earn that title from you as well if it happens ;)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Calling drones at the end there was ingenious by RayRay. He does those stealth assist calls so often, if your caught slipping it can cost you hard.

Chris G and Infiltration could 3-0 everyone to win Marvel and SF respectively, and I still think this tournament would be the saltiest tournament of the year.

Dahbomb

WinRich is secret best UMvC3 player. Dude is so smart.
Not smart enough when he's forcefully dashing in with Doom against Strange and smacking straight into the Eye. Or doing improper block strings with Vergil leading into a whiffed normal thanks to V Dodge. Seems like a heavy inexperience against those 2 characters making the same mistakes over and over again.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
FGW | Killer Instinct peaked, Yeezus leaked
kanyegif2.gif

Nyoro SF

Probably the least salt filled E3 in recent memory. Unless you were an Xbox fanboy.

I think I said a while ago that this upcoming E3 would be a battle of who could fuck us over least.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the PS4 in this regard. Taking steps like no region locking is very important to me.

Dahbomb

Eh. It's a little unfair to look at it that way, because a week or two before E3 we had the Xbone unveil. If E3 had unveiled all of that Xbone goodness, this forum would have been a stream of lava.
I think that's fair.. Microsoft in order to have a respectable E3 got the bad stuff out of the way first. I mean it works both ways... if Sony had not shown their big games at their reveal (Killzone, Infamous, Knack, Drive Club) then they would've had an excellent conference too... yet they just glossed over all 4 games in a matter of 5 minutes despite those games being their only real exclusives.

Salt would've been extremely high if Sony went forward with the DRM non sense or had released PS4 at an absurdly high price.

wait what did Mike Z say about KI
Just imagine the Sanford Kelly rant only it's Mike Z going in on KI.

"This game is DILDOS!"

"Even women can beat men at this game!"

Mike Z is a somebody.

Somebody that made a bad fighting game!

Zing!

(Skullgirls sucks)

image.php

I think that's fair.. Microsoft in order to have a respectable E3 got the bad stuff out of the way first. I mean it works both ways... if Sony had not shown their big games at their reveal (Killzone, Infamous, Knack, Drive Club) then they would've had an excellent conference too... yet they just glossed over all 4 games in a matter of 5 minutes despite those games being their only real exclusives.
That's because Sony is smart. They knew that all they had to do was not be stupid at E3. They accomplished that relatively well. They're going to save the big guns for TGS.

Edit: What was the point of teleports in KI?

Dahbomb

That's because Sony is smart. They knew that all they had to do was not be stupid at E3. They accomplished that relatively well. They're going to save the big guns for TGS.
I don't think anyone was stupid at E3. Microsoft played their cards well too... I mean it's like one guy on a Poker table having 2 of Clubs with a 4 of Diamonds and another having Ace and Jack of Hearts. Microsoft just didn't have good cards to begin with so they did what they could with it at E3. Sony just had to call out Microsoft on the DRM bluff going all in... and Sony came out on top.

Some random game journalist said that Sony essentially won the console generation in 5 minutes of E3. I agree with it. There has been no moment in previous console generations where you could pin point and say "yeah that right there... that's where they won/lost it". I guess you could make the case for the PS3 launching at $599 but they still recovered from it into a position where they are at least on par with 360 worldwide although PS3 losing their throne was more than just the price tag.

Top Bottom