• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 3-9 | Getting Put On Blast

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Fanatiq needs to fuck off and infest some other gaming community like the cockroach he has become.

Honestly...

I can't believe how much of a fuck head he has become in such little time. Or, maybe he was always a scumbag and I just did not notice?

Sayah

From the Tekken thread if anyone's interested.
Caught up on Tekken news from ATP.

Filthie Rich is done as community manager at Namco Bandai Games. :(
Really hope he got a better position/got promoted elsewhere. He did an amazing job.

In honor of Filthie Rich, NEW Tekken-centric tourney announced by BigEGaming. "Filthy Cup." Look forward to it. I wished they picked T6 over TTT1. And I hope VF5FS and SCV are the other two 3D games.

New Master Cup Tournament announced for Japan.

Tekken Strike (Korean TV show), Season 1, Episode 3
also available for viewing.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
I've got a feeling Filthy got a job with Madcatz?

Where ever he goes I hope it works out. The dude is legit one of coolest dudes in the community.

Fanatiq needs to fuck off and infest some other gaming community like the cockroach he has become.

Honestly...

I can't believe how much of a fuck head he has become in such little time. Or, maybe he was always a scumbag and I just did not notice?
He always was.

Sayah

I've got a feeling Filthy got a job with Madcatz?

Where ever he goes I hope it works out. The dude is legit one of coolest dudes in the community.

From what I've seen, definitely yes. He always was about supporting and developing the FGC and never about the drama and whatever else goes on.

But at least this means filthierich can compete in Namco Bandai game tournaments now.

Players as a whole get paid less than personalities/managers/organizers in all competitive game communities, though, and in actual athletic sports as well (minus the handful of players with massive sponsorship deals). If I want to see fanatiq on stream (I don't) I could just watch his stream, why should Valle pay him to show up?

Fanatiq must be playing some sort of heel now, though, because there's no way he thinks this shit is helping anybody, or that he is in any sort of position to make those complaints.

i was wondering when this was gonna happen. i remember hearing something about players not wanting to be on stream unless they got paid some time back. probably came from fanatiq.

Really? Damn, that's a pretty stupid idea, there's nowhere near enough money for that to even be remotely possible. Unless everyone wants a penny and for it to be taken from the prize pot.

I wouldn't even be surprised in the slightest if it was suggested by Fanatiq. I'd be more surprised if it wasn't.

im watching the fanatiq video. They are saying IPL dropping fighting games was due to the EVOlluminati

Are they serious?

edit now questioning Valle's legitimacy nowadays.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fanatiq is probably the worst cancer in all of the FGC. At least OBS has legitimate discussion topics at times and has some rational viewpoints. Fanatiq is that smart dumb brother, who often is aware of himself being ridiculous and just perpetuates it.

kick51

Banned

Honestly...

He was always really weird. "Kello" was when I noticed. *shudder*

jbug617

Banned
According to Jiyuna on twitter Japan FGC are talking about the MvC4 rumor.

I think Gootecks was the first one to float the idea that players might want to get paid to play on stream.

Fanatiq is probably the worst cancer in all of the FGC. At least OBS has legitimate discussion topics at times and has some rational viewpoints. Fanatiq is that smart dumb brother, who often is aware of himself being ridiculous and just perpetuates it.

Sometimes I'm not quite sure he's aware that he's idiotic. Sometimes I think he's so delusional that he thinks he's right.

what did he do now?

K.Sabot

According to Jiyuna on twitter Japan FGC are talking about the MvC4 rumor.

I think Gootecks was the first one to float the idea that players might want to get paid to play on stream.

He's trolling man.

The only time Jiyuna talks about marvel is when he's trolling.

apparently wolfkrone only made 500 bucks for 2nd place at UFGT. I can see why players want more money and are blood thirsty for it.

MLG did confirm semi-off the record that Capcom community Illuminati basically cockblocked them from having proper negotiations with Capcom for licensing their games, though. I don't remember the exact interview, but I think Sundance (MLG CEO) said something to the effect of "people with ties to Capcom poisoned the well on that one". IPL collapsed because IGN got sold to new management and they didn't see the sense in wasting millions per event for no appreciable gain, just to compete in a marketplace that has no established revenue source. Saying the FGC had the sort of power to affect that outcome is most definitely having delusions of grandeur.

Those companies would've dropped Capcom games like a hot potato anyways, though, just like they did with every other fighting game. Publishers aren't really interested in investing a ton of money to get those games featured and the community isn't large enough or wealthy enough to keep it around. One of the most interesting things to come out of Cross Assault, which got immediately overlooked because WWEsports #STAGED-gate broke that same night, was when someone on streamchat asked why Capcom didn't just have the pro players play each other for 25k instead of having to watch a bunch of B-tier players suck at the game. Spooky explained that Capcom doesn't think seeing good players playing the game well actually encourages new people to want to play, instead they want to show bad players learning to be good at the game. Cross Assault was a massive failure at whatever they were trying to do, but it's interesting to see them have so little faith in the advertising potential of esports.

Didn't spooky go to UFGT9? Fanatiq now saying there is a reason why he didn't stream. Bifu apparently claims that Valle made 5k for streaming.

Fanatiq saying Streaming tournaments is easy, that 1 man can do it since there "is not a lot equipment".

Does he not realize that Levelup live is more than just a simple stream but rather its a company? They were hired by LO3 for that SC2 stream months back.

edit
Fanatiq said PDP offer james chen and ultradavid a sponsorship, but they turned it down.

edit 2

Fanatiq's friends now saying that Rayray is already going to FGTV and that the donation is a fraud/hustle thing.

Didn't spooky go to UFGT9? Fanatiq now saying there is a reason why he didn't stream. Bifu apparently claims that Valle made 5k for streaming.

Fanatiq saying Streaming tournaments is easy, that 1 man can do it since there "is not a lot equipment".

Does he not realize that Levelup live is more than just a simple stream but rather its a company? They were hired by LO3 for that SC2 stream months back.

edit
Fanatiq said PDP offer james chen and ultradavid a sponsorship, but they turned it down.

edit 2

Fanatiq's friends now saying that Rayray is already going to FGTV and that the donation is a fraud/hustle thing.

That's good.

And I wouldn't necessarily put it past FGTV to hustle their followers.

edit

edit 2

You, Dahbomb, and Enzo are the heroes of FGC Gaf.

FlyFaster

Jebailey is right though.

He held a poll among FL players to decide how they will handle stage selection in Injustice. The result wasn't what the MK//Injustice community liked so some are boycotting.

And of course if its such a big deal then turn of stage interactables in the menu. I think that's where things are headed with the game if people continue to make a big fuss about stage selection.

You know sometimes the FGC just gets to me. No one ever wants to try anything new. The second some new mechanic is in that doesn't according with strict 1v1 fighting everyone wants to turn it off or have it removed.

The gems in SFxT, the stages in Injustice, the stages in DOA5 are all recent examples.

Why are people so scared of change?

I like that companies are trying new things. I know it's not a popular opinion but I thought gems in SFxT were a very interesting idea. (I don't like how some of the better gems were behind a paywall but that's another subject) Some really cool things could have come with this but considering fan (over)reaction to it, I doubt we'll see something like it again. oh well. All games must remain the same!

apparently wolfkrone only made 500 bucks for 2nd place at UFGT. I can see why players want more money and are blood thirsty for it.

damn that's nothing. I remember last years EVO or the year before there was a big stink on the forums about why the prize money isn't talked about, the secrecy, and why the pots aren't bigger.

kirblar

ehh he doesn't need to play marvel 3 consistently to stay in shape. He just needs 1-2 weeks prior and he can compete just as he did in last year.
I mean, when your version of competition is throwing matches left and right, how much practice can you need?

The gems in SFxT, the stages in Injustice, the stages in DOA5 are all recent examples.
Gems were horribly implemented and an example of what NOT to do with customization- it was D2 style stat customization at its worst.

Injustice's issue is that a) characters dont get equivalent bonuses and b) stages aren't symmetrical.

Got no clue on DOA5 though.

I heard that Keits likes to do a different payout split than the 70-20-10 that you see at other majors or however they divide it up. where it's mostly top heavy. IIRC I remember the reasoning is that more of the money is split so more people make back their registration fee, so the top 8 would get less more people (say top 32 for this example I don't know the exact figure) would get back at least the reg fee. This is so that there is more incentive for players to come out and place high enough to get something or lose nothing out of entering.

ehh he doesn't need to play marvel 3 consistently to stay in shape. He just needs 1-2 weeks prior and he can compete just as he did in last year.

What has he even done since marvel 3 launched? I don't recall him winning anything except a MM against rayray, which anyone knew he would win :|

I heard that Keits likes to do a different payout split than the 70-20-10 that you see at other majors or however they divide it up. where it's mostly top heavy. IIRC I remember the reasoning is that more of the money is split so more people make back their registration fee, so the top 8 would get less more people (say top 32 for this example I don't know the exact figure) would get back at least the reg fee.

I believe its still 70/20/10 of the pot or something like that for top 16 for a game with X amount of entrants get a share of the pot bonus they throw ontop of that game.

Keits have a gaf account, im sure he can comment on this if he sees this.

What has he even done since marvel 3 launched? I don't recall him winning anything except a MM against rayray, which anyone knew he would win :|

Won ECT and placed many top 8 including evo top 8 in 2011

Top Bottom