• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 25-31 | Marvel vs. Comcast

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
So apparently the base Sagat in the PS4 version is Vanilla Sagat unless you do Edition Select...

17_softservesagat01.jpg

Finally, they did something right with the port.

You mean the PS4 port? Yes. They teased it at the beginning

Hope I can stay up long enough and not regret it in a couple of hours.

『Inaba Resident』;165320574 said:
Please just tell me they uploaded the wrong build of the game to the store or something.
There is no way the port can be this bad, holy shit

Honestly, it doesn't look fixable right now. Especially not by Evo. This will be a fun couple of months. :D

vulva

Please just tell me they uploaded the wrong build of the game to the store or something.

In all honesty, that's very possible. Not saying it's what happened but that would be great if all it took was a different build to be submitted.

Coda

Oh please. Your experience does not equal everyone's experience.

If the majority has online net code issues? Guess what? The online sucks ass.

But that's not here or there. That's what would define MY purchase, but the bigger issue here is that this is the version going on at Evo the biggest FGC tournament of them all. Tons of money is on the line.

If I was Infiltration for example, who is an amazing Decapre player and players here quite often at events to get to finals, etc... I would be boycotting this trash version due to the issues for her teleport which is essential to her mix up game.

This shouldn't have happened to begin with. It seems like a brain dead easy game to port over.

It's time like this the voice of the people playing this game needs to be heard. Sony wants to throw $ into the ring? Great. However, if you want us to play your version then you need to make it on par to the 360 version. Otherwise GTFO we're running it on 360, but you can keep all your sponsoring yadda yadda and we won't mention on stream what we are playing on. Cool? Cool.

Online has nothing to do with what happens at EVO so I don't see how that has anything to do with it. And to be fair online in fighting games have been ass since day one. The only game that rose the bar in the netcode department so far is KI.

I'm aware that my experience isn't everyone's experience but it still matters and I call it like I see it. EVO is a massive tournament, this game will be ready for it. Everyone is judging it on day one when we all know that we live in an age of updates and bugs.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I'm in a fetal position, not off of fear, but off of the pure comedic effect of this port. It sucks but god damn, its so bad I can't stop laughing.

In all honesty, that's very possible. Not saying it's what happened but that would be great if all it took was a different build to be submitted.

I hope this is the case, doubt it is.

I'm about 99.99% sure he's just making stuff up. :x

Have you seen most of the glitches? I wouldn't put it past the port that this happened.

Dahbomb

I'm in a fetal position, not off of fear, but off of the pure comedic effect of this port. It sucks but god damn, its so bad I can't stop laughing.
It's like a train wreck you can't look away from.

CPS2

They probably just thought the FGC wouldn't notice. We're pretty well known for being like "... looks about right, close enough."

Online has nothing to do with what happens at EVO so I don't see how that has anything to do with it. And to be fair online in fighting games have been ass since day one. The only game that rose the bar in the netcode department so far is KI.

I'm aware that my experience isn't everyone's experience but it still matters and I call it like I see it. EVO is a massive tournament, this game will be ready for it. Everyone is judging it on day one when we all know that we live in an age of updates and bugs.

So it's perfectly acceptable for a game to be sold without QA because nobody can prove that it won't get fixed eventually?

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty

what weird apologist bullshit. the only FG with good netcode is KI? man you don't need to stand up for this port, and if you really want to, don't do it like this...

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

so you like buying alphas and broken games? More power to you but the rest of us aren't gonna stand for these business practices.

Kumubou

what weird apologist bullshit. the only FG with good netcode is KI? man you don't need to stand up for this port, and if you really want to, don't do it like this...
Hey, adding good netplay is impossible (unless you're hacking it into some obscure doujin game on the PC).

I should sound less glib, but that's really the most frustrating part of all this. Seeing people with no budget and no source access make it work, while development studios with decent eight figure budgets flub it over and over and over and over again.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Hey, adding good netplay is impossible (unless you're hacking it into some obscure doujin game on the PC).

I should sound less glib, but that's really the most frustrating part of all this. Seeing people with no budget and no source access make it work, while development studios with decent eight figure budgets flub it over and over and over and over again.
I remember AE2012's netcode being better than Ultra's, but that's beside my point. saying this port gets a pass because FGs don't need good netcode is just ludicrous on so many levels.

CO_Andy

FGW | yo we e$port$

Besides Other Ocean's rep, the other biggest loser here is MadCatz. Gonna lose out big time on TE2 stick sales.

Top Bottom