• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 25-31 | Marvel vs. Comcast

fader

man Idk who I wanna play in this game... I might as well just forget about playing USF4 and wait for SF5... (already too late)

Back to Guilty Gear then....

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
For people who are looking forward for fighting news at E3.

zZvEfjX.gif

fubarduck

Sticks are HELLA expansive, and I have to import them, so it's extra expansive for me. Now I bought this beauty

$_35.JPG

and I'm really liking it, it's very comfortable. I would have to pay $300 more to buy a stick that works on PS3/PS4/PC, so yeah, it was worth it

The real hidden gem here is that if and when your DPad wears out, you can break it open and use the PCB to build or mod a stick! It's currently the easiest PS4 pad to padhack, and will still be compatible with PC/PS3/PS4.

The real hidden gem here is that if and when your DPad wears out, you can break it open and use the PCB to build or mod a stick! It's currently the easiest PS4 pad to padhack, and will still be compatible with PC/PS3/PS4.

so if you wanted a stick to be compatible with ps3/ps4/360, you should only make it a dual mod between a 360 pcb and this controller's pcb?

No, you've joined the crowd

lol I'm still terrible, but I just started playing Makoto a week ago and I'm actually finally winning some online so it feels good. Just wish the PS4 netcode wasn't so bad. And that everyone wasn't playing Ryu and Bison for some reason.

mbpm1

lol I'm still terrible, but I just started playing Makoto a week ago and I'm actually finally winning some online so it feels good. Just wish the PS4 netcode wasn't so bad. And that everyone wasn't playing Ryu and Bison for some reason.

Those are the only characters that work on PS4

Kappa

Imm0rt4l

Yea but.. think about what could've been fam
A character so strong that Ono would nerf all niggas, deejay included...just to be sure

Nearly every zoner got hit in the Arcade->Home balance update, as USF4 strongly increased the value of a good zoning game through DP FADC = -5 and DWU.
True

I think juri was hit with a few nerfs, but I really don't recall what they were. Maybe jump back dive kick and teleport grey damage.

Nearly every zoner got hit in the Arcade->Home balance update, as USF4 strongly increased the value of a good zoning game through DP FADC = -5 and DWU.

I remember playing the PS3 beta and Poison could special-cancel her sweep. It was cool. I just wish they left in Vega's buffs. 1f jab links are the worst.

Shackzam

I'm at work and I can't stop thinking about simulating SF4 matches and punishes with Makoto in my head.

I think I've gone too far.
That's exactly what I do when anywhere in any game that catches my mind at that time. Always trying to remembering maximum punishes and situations in certain match ups. It's almost like shadow boxing to an extent.

Well, about 5+ years ago you could still get licensed property games built with super small budgets and a development time of a year. Look at the shit KI got for pushing out a product in under a year of development time. Now those games exist on mobile, and of course the B game is sorta dead or dying because of higher development costs. 2 or 3 years is still probably the median and maybe I'm looking into high profile delays a bit but I'm also taking into account post-launch support becoming more and more extensive, multiple studios juggling big IPs, etc.

We haven't actually hit extensive post launch support yet, mostly it's been the same shit DLC as ever.

The closest I've seen in terms of extensive post launch support are actually stand alone B tier game projects like Blood Dragon for Far Cry and The Old Blood for wolfenstein. Both done on a fairly short cycle as stand alone games but mainly aimed at the audience that already played and enjoyed the $60 AAA main course. Normally the big publishers do their usual of throwing more bodies at the problem by using secondary studios to develop additional content while the main body of the original studio moves on to their next game.

rookiejet

Bison and Ryu are just really popular online characters in general.

#fuckBison

The Bison and Honda matchup used to give me nightmares when I played SF4. I mained Juri. I was way worse a player then though (very impatient), I wonder if it'll be easier now.

I hate playing charge characters in general, but yeah Bison is definitely the worst.

That's exactly what I do when anywhere in any game that catches my mind at that time. Always trying to remembering maximum punishes and situations in certain match ups. It's almost like shadow boxing to an extent.

I've been trying to extend my punishes beyond just throws with Makoto, though the kind of mix ups you can do with an opponent on the ground with her are fun to break out on other players.

I got 4 Oroshi's in a row on a player every time he tried to get back up from knockdown. I felt kind of bad.

Top Bottom