• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Nov 11-17 | EVO Champions Not Guaranteed

Dahbomb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";89597402]he's won tournaments over justin wong in multiple games
he beat Daigo in a tournament with Dudley
current TvC world champion
won like 100k in sport betting or some shit
tied with Zhi for highest entertainment value in the FGC[/QUOTE]
1) Various players have won tournaments over Justin Wong (ChrisG for example yet you didn't label him a 10.5)
2) Beat Daigo? Plenty of players have beaten Daigo. Doesn't make him 10.5.
3) LOL TvC world champion... the championship that had Keits and Skisonic in top 8... ROFL!

ChrisG, Justin Wong and FChamp at their max potential are way higher than Marn its not even up for debate.

4 and 5 are irrelevant.

1) Various players have won tournaments over Justin Wong (ChrisG for example yet you didn't label him a 10.5)
2) Beat Daigo? Plenty of players have beaten Daigo. Doesn't make him 10.5.
3) LOL TvC world champion... the championship that had Keits and Skisonic in top 8... ROFL!

ChrisG, Justin Wong and FChamp at their max potential are way higher than Marn its not even up for debate.

4 and 5 are irrelevant.

marn ran a LoL team unlike these other so called top players. That invalidates all other arguments.

Dahbomb

Huh. TvC isn't taken seriously competitively? odd.
Its not that it isn't a serious fighter its that the bracket at EVO for the game was not that competitive at all. So saying Marn is a 10.5 over the likes of Justin Marvelous Wong is just ridiculous.

Top 15 entertainers in the FGC

1. Zhi/Triforce/Lando
4. Rush Hour
5. Yipes/Combofiend/Viscant/Ultradavid
9. Crying Brian/Lee Chung/Bum
11 Tasty Steve
12. Marn/Aris/Lap Chi

Honourable mention to PR Rog's laugh, Bronson Tran, Floe when not doing anything fighting game related, Marlinpie, Arturo Sanchez, Forward from Britain

Anyone I'm forgetting?

Kalamari

PJyHpsw.png

Oh baby...

Super smexy.

Silky

Banned
Its not that it isn't a serious fighter its that the bracket at EVO for the game was not that competitive at all. So saying Marn is a 10.5 over the likes of Justin Marvelous Wong is just ridiculous.

Hmm. Fair enough. I would honestly say Marn is on par with someone like JWong, especially when he's in his own atmosphere.

vulva

looking at this eventscrubs list of top SF4 players is ridiculous in the early results.

Hsien Chang only has like 7 votes while wao has something like 150? wao is good, for sure, but these people voting can only remember as far back as a week or two ago.

USD

Second characters announced for 3rd TOPANGA LEAGUE (A):

wao (Oni, Dudley)
Umehara (Ryu)
Michael-tan (Ken, Evil Ryu)
Momochi (Ken, Akuma)
Kazunoko (Yun, Seth)
Bonchan (Sagat, Akuma)
Uryo (C.Viper, Sakura)
sako (Ibuki, Evil Ryu)
Dashio (Seth, Fei Long)
Fuudo (Fei Long)

Match card for Friday, the first day of offline play (first-to-7, deuce rule up to 10 wins):

Fuudo vs. Kazunoko
Bonchan vs. Uryo
Bonchan vs. Fuudo
Kazunoko vs. Dashio
Uryo vs. sako

Horseress

wao (Oni, Dudley)
Umehara (Ryu)
Momochi (Ken, Akuma)
Kazunoko (Yun, Seth)
Bonchan (Sagat, Akuma)
Uryo (C.Viper, Sakura)
sako (Ibuki, Evil Ryu)
Dashio (Seth, Fei Long)
Fuudo (Fei Long)

Match card for Friday, the first day of offline play (first-to-7, deuce rule up to 10 wins):

Fuudo vs. Kazunoko
Bonchan vs. Uryo
Bonchan vs. Fuudo
Kazunoko vs. Dashio
Uryo vs. sako

How does this works? They were only allowed to play one character so far? I thought it was just coincidence :lol
Now they can switch between the two characters in the middle of sets or just one per set?

USD

How does this works? They were only allowed to play one character so far? I thought it was just coincidence :lol
Now they can switch between the two characters in the middle of sets or just one per set?
During the online play stage, yes, everyone was limited to one character. The way the two-character system works is that you can start with either character. Every three games, the losing player within those three games can change characters.

Example:

After the first three games, the score is 2-1. B can change characters.
After the next three, the total score is 2-4 (0-3 in the last three). A can change characters.
After the next three, the total score is 4-5 (2-1 in the last three). B can change characters.

Horseress

During the online play stage, yes, everyone was limited to one character. The way the two-character system works is that you can start with either character. Every three games, the losing player within those three games can change characters.

Example:

After the first three games, the score is 2-1. B can change characters.
After the next three, the total score is 2-4 (0-3 in the last three). A can change characters.
After the next three, the total score is 4-5 (2-1 in the last three). B can change characters.

Nice! Thanks for the explanation. And hell yeah sako picking E. Ryu!

pixelish

wao (Oni, Dudley)
Umehara (Ryu)
Momochi (Ken, Akuma)
Kazunoko (Yun, Seth)
Bonchan (Sagat, Akuma)
Uryo (C.Viper, Sakura)
sako (Ibuki, Evil Ryu)
Dashio (Seth, Fei Long)
Fuudo (Fei Long)

Fuudo vs. Kazunoko
Bonchan vs. Uryo
Bonchan vs. Fuudo
Kazunoko vs. Dashio
Uryo vs. sako
yay @ wao picking dudley as his pocket character.
boo @ momochi ditching cody for akuma.

Booter

I've always been a huge fan of Marn. Everyone knows he has incredible potential, he just has to channel it properly.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";89676933]I'm still waiting on that Under Night In-Birth PS4/PC announcement.

3RzppZ0.gif
[/QUOTE]

French Bread taking their sweet time. At least they have a history of PC releases though.

onionfrog

FGW is gonna be impossible to use for the next few weeks, isn't it
Yeah I think so. And today was just next-gen reviews releasing. Imagine what it'll be like this weekend when the PS4 is actually out.

I expect twitch to crash and burn this weekend as well. :(

will be even worse when Capcom announces the Marvel patch
Don't play with my heart.
I'm crossing my fingers for it
Believe!

Busaiku

I think Evo only had US competitors for Tatsunoko vs Capcom Ultimate All Stars.
It is considered a crap game in Japan, but I think guys like Kubo played it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
NeoGAF runs worse than SRK
but still better than Eventhubs

Seriously though, GAF will never get its shit together. I don't know how many server array updates they've had just to be overwhelmed again the next week.

Clawww

seriously what if there's a crazy FG announcement and we can't even talk about it because ppl are losing their goddamn minds over lame new consoles

Dahbomb

I had a 360 way before a PS3. I played DMC4 on a 360 after playing the series for almost a decade on a Dualshock.

And yea NeoGAF has been on the shitter lately. Its getting worse because before it would only go down for schedule maintenance or an actual megaton. Now it goes down because some site game some game a 5.0 and fanboys are getting riled up.

Top Bottom