• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Nov 11-17 | EVO Champions Not Guaranteed

pixelish

wao, this is a pretty neat feature of streaming with the ps4.

Alex Jebailey ‏@CEOJebailey 12m

Also when streaming, anytime your notifications or friend requests go off, it shows up blurred on the stream for privacy.

Dahbomb

I just checked the rules of Capcom Cup and reading the rules more carefully it seems that the Kubo escape from UMVC3 is banned. The part about "removing characters from the play zone glitch" essentially disqualifies Kubo escape from the tournament.

FChamp am cry.

I just checked the rules of Capcom Cup and reading the rules more carefully it seems that the Kubo escape from UMVC3 is banned. The part about "removing characters from the play zone glitch" essentially disqualifies Kubo escape from the tournament.

FChamp am cry.

What about the Deadman glitch?

Chavelo

Yoooo, one of the six KI 25K tournaments is gonna be here in Colorado. Someone give me some pointers for KI, I wanna get at least 3rd place. :p

Shito

Yeah she's a bit generic really but at least she's something different for DOA. I'm really interested in seeing how she's going to play.
So, she's doing systema. That is... quite surprising considering her look.
It will probably look nothing like systema, but for the moment this makes me quite curious as to what her moves can be...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
On twitch?

Maximillian was complaining about the quality and hoping the Xbox one would be higher. I think the results on the twitch servers would be...unfortunate.
I think that the stream quality depends on the internet connection, ive seen some crazy good PS4 streams.

No Spooky crazy good but good enough.

I think that the stream quality depends on the internet connection, ive seen some crazy good PS4 streams.

I agree, not sure what he is watching.

But the bigger issue is how quick and easy it is to do. Shit is going to hit the fan.

In one of the threads some guys dissected several streams and they best resolution they found was 960x540 with a bit rate of 1.3mbps. Nothing outstanding, but it's good enough for now since this is only the beginning. Hopefully over time they can improve it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
RIP Twitch
Next week's thread title.

soon

In one of the threads some guys dissected several streams and they best resolution they found was 960x540 with a bit rate of 1.3mbps. Nothing outstanding, but it's good enough for now since this is only the beginning. Hopefully over time they can improve it.
Hopefully, but at the same time IMO it serves it's purpose very well. Twitch itself can barely handle better stream quality.

Sony seems to be in the habit of rapid iteration, so I would expect some sort of optimizations later, maybe even a quality selector.

NeoGAF runs worse than SRK
but still better than Eventhubs

Seriously though, GAF will never get its shit together. I don't know how many server array updates they've had just to be overwhelmed again the next week.
Evilore said it's not the servers, it's the foundation. It's more than just buying more server space.

Kumubou

What does that mean?

Like can the server software or whatever just not handle it or scale fast enough or what?
From what I read, it seems like the back-end (or some part of it, anyway) doesn't scale very well beyond its current point. Insomuch that "oh just throw more servers at it" doesn't work (or the ramp-up in users is far outpacing the added capacity). NeoNeoGAF incoming?

.la1n

ShinNeoGAF

Barack-Obama-Saying-It-is-Law.gif

What does that mean?

Like can the server software or whatever just not handle it or scale fast enough or what?
Something to do with the forum software we run on, vbulletin. It isn't meant to handle large loads. So, fixing the problem would basically mean redoing NeoGAF, which is a pretty considerable task. That's just my understanding - I'll gladly be corrected by a mod or someone else in the know.

I hate it when gifs have text that don't look like they match the video. All I can do is look at the lips and try to figure out what's being said...

JeTmAn81

From what I read, it seems like the back-end (or some part of it, anyway) doesn't scale very well beyond its current point. Insomuch that "oh just throw more servers at it" doesn't work (or the ramp-up in users is far outpacing the added capacity). NeoNeoGAF incoming?

That seems weird. It's a fairly standard bulletin board system. I thought we knew how to do those pretty well by now.

Top Bottom