• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard this as well - the newer Gunpla being produced are being praised for their incredible quality. The practice of releasing 3 of the same model with minor adjustments/updates gets some shit, but the quality and builds are top notch.

They still do some bafflingly stupid shit though. Like the MG Aile Strike RM that was just released has manipulators straight from 1995. Just a bunch of exchangeable pieces. I would have been okay with paying extra if it came with the newest Master Grade hands like the ones Sinanju Stein had. Every joint of every finger should move in 2013.
Oh and then the Sinanju OVA version that came a bit after Sinanju Stein had old hands too. Just... what.

watatatow

Speaking of Dangan Ronpa, that Junko figure's pretty nice. Might pick her up later, though, I don't have the funds right now.
The game is awesome so far. I only found out about it after the figure, which I have on pre-order.
Been stoked about Junko since Wonfes, she looks gorgeous. I'm still worried about how QC will turn out though seeing as Algernon Product have pretty much zero track record beyond some doughnut cat keychains and a single statue a couple years back.

Also, here's hoping we'll see Phat Company's Dangan Ronpas this WonFes Summer.

bhJcSuZ.png

So glad I'm switching to AmiAmi, just now received notice from HobbyFan that they got some Kongikus in stock and will be charging my cc soon.

Been stoked about Junko since Wonfes, she looks gorgeous. I'm still worried about how QC will turn out though seeing as Algernon Product have pretty much zero track record beyond some doughnut cat keychains and a single statue a couple years back.

Also, here's hoping we'll see Phat Company's Dangan Ronpas this WonFes Summer.

Plastikitty seemed to speculate that Algernon Product have ties with Yamato, who used to manufacture Yoshizawa Mitsumasa's sculpts(except I-no). If true that bodes well for Junko's quality. Not sure what they were basing that on but fingers crossed, eh? Glad there's more Dangan Ronpa figures coming though, and Phat! do nice work.

Ooh, nice new thread! Subbed.

Xiaoyu looks cute, but where are the shorts??? Was this really necessary?

You'll have to ask Shunya Yamashita that:

xiaoyu-ttt2-yamashita.jpg

LiK

Nice OP. I assume johnsmith is happy he no longer needs to repeat himself when new people pop in. ;)

Great OP! Love to browse this thread. Only big items I have ordered have been the Sheryl Nome [Max Factory] and Belldandy/Holy Bell statues.

All these Tharja posts are making me want to spend more money though.

LosDaddie

Banned
Subscribed.

Although the OP says this:
While this guide is about Japanese pvc figures, all toys and collectibles are welcome in this thread. 1/6 figures, dolls, vinyl toys, mechs, and action figures, whatever you collect feel free to talk about it and post your collections here.

...it would be nice if the OP wasn't so anime/JPN centric. A link to Sideshow and/or Hot Toys should be in there somewhere.

But hey, I'm just a lurker :p

johnsmith

remember me
Subscribed.

Although the OP says this:

...it would be nice if the OP wasn't so anime/JPN centric. A link to Sideshow and/or Hot Toys should be in there somewhere.

But hey, I'm just a lurker :p

Give me links or type up something or link me to a guide and I can put it in the ot. I don't collect them so I know nothing about them.

NotLiquid

I really want that Junko figure but man, that price. I feel like I'm already splurging too much on Tharja this December.

Wouldn't mind trying to get that PVC Panty either, I have a large 20cm figure that my girlfriend got for me when she went to MegaCon but I'm pretty sure it's one of those cheap ones you get at Japanese Arcades since the packaging had a Sega watermark on it.

Yessss. Shiny new topic. Nice job on the OP johnsmith! :D

Also I meant to post this a while ago. My best friend bought me one of my holy grail figures for my birthday earlier in the month. She won't tell me where she got it, but the seal is intact even. I was beyond surprised

Holy shit, she must be a good friend to drop [what I can only assume must have been] that kind of scratch.

All these Tharja posts are making me want to spend more money though.

Tharja is a great cause and a perfect excuse to spend a little more money.

androidcandy

Neo Member
Nice OP! yay new thread I have been really behind on my figure news. I have been trying not to look at new stuff because I need to save money :p

Holy shit, she must be a good friend to drop [what I can only assume must have been] that kind of scratch.

Best friend, housemate and now personal hero(herione?). Kinda scares me that somebody knows me that well :p

So Tharja made me buy the game.. now I need to find time to play it. Damn you Tharja!!

I bought Dangan Ronpa, ripped it, applied the translation patch, found my PSP and CFW'd it because of that Junko figure. Thank god the game is good.

one-of-us one-of-us one-of-us one-of-us one-of-us :D

Only reason I held back on those is because if I bought one, I'd have to buy them all.

haha I'm only getting the ones I want. I'm passing on Lust and Mammon. Got envy, and I'll get this lucifer if I can't happen to get the other lucifer.

asrttyoxo

Neo Member
Nice new thread. I don't post often, but lurk and visit every day.

Also, I am an anime figure guy, but I think the banner should include 1 Hot Toys Iron Man or Batman or something because they actually had a pretty significant presence in the last thread.

chrono01

So Tharja made me buy the game.. now I need to find time to play it. Damn you Tharja!!
I'm glad to hear that the Tharja figure is creating fans for the Fire Emblem series [especially Awakening, it's amazing].

Enjoy!

Only reason I held back on those is because if I bought one, I'd have to buy them all.
Nothing wrong with that!

...Well, aside from the financial aspect.

It appears as though I'll be collecting the Seven Deadly Sins collection...twice. I loved that artwork the second I saw it, so when I saw that they were releasing a figure based on it? How could I resist!?

Kletian

New thread is good, I was hoping with a new thread would be less of a focus on anime girls statues, but I guess I'll just go back to lurking on occasion.

atomsk

Party Pooper
still haven't bought anything new since completing the Straw Hat Crew POP a couple years back

and hopefully I can keep it that way unless they add another crew member

(it's been very tempting to buy all the post-timeskip redesigns though)

chrono01

(it's been very tempting to buy all the post-timeskip redesigns though)
You should, the time-skip figures are great [well, aside from Luffy, he's still "decent" though].

Expect to sell a kidney [or two] for Franky, though. He's going to cost me around $230 to have him shipped. -_-

New thread is good, I was hoping with a new thread would be less of a focus on anime girls statues, but I guess I'll just go back to lurking on occasion.
Despite the figure being Japanese-focused, as mentioned in the OP any [and all] figure collector's are welcome!

Do not feel as though you need to lurk. Contribute! You are among friends.

chrono01

Nice list! I have 9 of the same pre-orders [waiting for Yagyu Jubei to come into stock so Mai Shiranui, Asuka, Blastoise D-Arts, and Misty can ship!].

http://myfigurecollection.net/collection/vyseoftheskies/&status=1&root=0

Edit: Sorry about the double-post. I meant to edit this into my original comment and didn't notice until after I hit "Post Message". ~_~

On a related note, I pre-order Yagyu Jubei Kirameki Hakugin no Kenki ver. today. I opted for the version with the deskmat since, well...I love bonuses.

I'm looking forward to receiving her. All of the Hyakka Ryouran girls are incredible. Nishii has some nice characters designs.

johnsmith

remember me
If anybody wants to put together a better one, or wants one representing their interests (action figures, mechs, transformers, vinyl toys, anything else) make one, or send me a pm with the 4 pics you'd like to use and I'll put one up for you.

chrono01

1369019068829.jpg

That's a lot of preorders. Makes me feel better about my 11. http://myfigurecollection.net/collection/balbanesbeoulve/&status=1&root=0

also sorry about the double post
It can be troublesome. I keep telling myself that I'll lay off any further pre-orders until I receive the current ones, and then figures such as Tharja [and now Yagyu Jubei - Kirameki Hakugin no Kenki ver.] come along. Regardless, I do make some passes on figures, so it's not as though I purchase everything I like. It doesn't help that my tastes in figures are pretty broad, so a lot appeals to me.

Still, it's all about quality over quantity! It looks to me as though you have quite a few quality figures on pre-order yourself, namely Tharja, Dark Elf [Regular/Dark Skin Ver.], Satonaka Chie, and Enoshima Junko. Also, that Samus figma is INCREDIBLE!

Speaking of my earlier mention of passes, Enoshima Junko was one of them. She's still in my rear-view mirror, though. I might end up reversing [quickly] and pre-ordering her. Every time I look at her I want her more...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom