• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombless

I think it's time to set up a Myfigurecollection account. I don't own many of them but it will help later on, if my current orders are any indication of how quickly I will get more...

chrono01

I think it's time to set up a Myfigurecollection account. I don't own many of them but it will help later on, if my current orders are any indication of how quickly I will get more...
It can definitely be a valuable tool for cataloguing your current collection as well as upcoming pre-orders and items you're interested in.

It has a pretty decent community, as well. If you have a lot of figures, though, don't go into the "Manager" section. It will inform you just how much you've spent on them all, using the base prices as an estimate.

It can be...frightening to see.

Jessicat

I was gonna follow the bandwagon here too but I don't really understand how to use the Myfigurecollection site, heh ^^; Might just be because it's late right now and I can't think, lol, but is there a guide or something on how to set up stuff on there?

johnsmith

remember me
Well, assuming you were able to make an account and got that out of the way, you add figures by clicking "Add to my collection"

UQXKEe9.png

This brings up this window where you pick whether to add it to your Owned, Ordered, or Wished section. You can ignore everything else for now.
EqMEmPG.png

"Add to my collection" gets switched to Owned, Ordered, or Wished once they're in those groups, and you just click on it the same way to change it.
Pbtqe6n.png

There's lots of other features, but that'll get you started on setting up your collection.

New arrival today... Jumped on Sideshow's waitlist for Coulson so hopefully I can get him. If not... yeah, I guess I'll try something else.

203287127b506f7c95b90d724b53ebbd_zpsdfdbcbfe.jpg

a449f7e55ede4dd0cb90ba126749397b_zps0a28594c.jpg

chrono01

Well I just bit the largest shipping cost for a combined shipment from AmiAmi yet.

11,000 yen.

Let me repeat that. 11,000 YEN! That was JUST for shipping.

Ugh! I had:

Hyakka Ryouran - Yagyu Jubei - 1/8 (Alter)
Shining Blade - Mistral Nereis - 1/8 (Alter)
Evangelion Shin Gekijouban - Evangelion Shin Gekijouban: Q - Souryuu Asuka Langley
Pocket Monsters - Kamex - D-Arts (Bandai)
The King of Fighters - Shiranui Mai - Skytube - 1/6 - Red ver. (Alpha Max)

in the order.

I knew Misty was massive, as is Asuka, but I wasn't expecting that much. I have a feeling that I'm going to be taxed when it goes through customs too [it can happen in Canada on occasion, especially for larger/expensive shipments]. I'll probably have to pay around $65 in addition [that was the cost last time for an order this big].

It's a good thing I'm cutting down on pre-orders. As much as I love the items I'm receiving, I have to make some more intelligent purchase decisions in the future. :(

Since we're all posting our collections, I may as well leave mine here too

I first started out with Revos, then moved onto figmas, and then eventually started buying scales.

It's great seeing everyone drop their MFC in here. Paging Freezasaurus, get on MFC!

Well I just bit the largest shipping cost for a combined shipment from AmiAmi yet.

11,000 yen.

Let me repeat that. 11,000 YEN! That was JUST for shipping.

Ugh! I had:

Hyakka Ryouran - Yagyu Jubei - 1/8 (Alter)
Shining Blade - Mistral Nereis - 1/8 (Alter)
Evangelion Shin Gekijouban - Evangelion Shin Gekijouban: Q - Souryuu Asuka Langley
Pocket Monsters - Kamex - D-Arts (Bandai)
The King of Fighters - Shiranui Mai - Skytube - 1/6 - Red ver. (Alpha Max)

in the order.

I knew Misty was massive, as is Asuka, but I wasn't expecting that much. I have a feeling that I'm going to be taxed when it goes through customs too [it can happen in Canada on occasion, especially for larger/expensive shipments]. I'll probably have to pay around $65 in addition [that was the cost last time for an order this big].

It's a good thing I'm cutting down on pre-orders. As much as I love the items I'm receiving, I have to make some more intelligent purchase decisions in the future. :(

Oh damn chrono. I'm jealous of Asuka, but not that shipping price :p Mind you, my shipping this month will at least be a mild slap in the face thanks to the EMS-only Princess of The Crystal.

Also looking through your collection, so much awesome in the owned and pre-orders. Saber Alter and maybe 10th anniversary will hopefully be mine before too long.

Since we're all posting our collections, I may as well leave mine here too

I first started out with Revos, then moved onto figmas, and then eventually started buying scales.

That Archer/Gilgamesh you have on pre-order is awesome. How did I miss that? Finally somebody else with Raven on order as well. I feel like I'm the only one waiting and wondering if and when amiami is going to bump him to July.

Bombless

Holy crap Chrono. But it's kind of understandable, it IS a huge order.

Going through MFC I'm starting to get the urge to collect Nendoroids....this won't end well.

What's up with Xiaoyu's butt. No pics on AmiAmi show it lol.

I said the same thing to Plastikitty, here's what she said :

sAF8A7H.png

Rootbeer

Banned
My small but growing collection! Still some stuff i'm in the process of adding to this list but most of the recent stuff is there now. 5 of the ordered items arriving within the next weekish. My collection is rather female-lite. I'm trying to fix that in a future order :p I spend too much money on western figures and legos is part of the problem!

owned
ordered
wished

and goddamn chrono01... you are what I am scared I could turn into :p But good on you man!

LosDaddie

Banned
New arrival today... Jumped on Sideshow's waitlist for Coulson so hopefully I can get him. If not... yeah, I guess I'll try something else.

203287127b506f7c95b90d724b53ebbd_zpsdfdbcbfe.jpg

a449f7e55ede4dd0cb90ba126749397b_zps0a28594c.jpg

Nice! And yes, more pictures :)

I sure hope this means all the Iron Man Mk7 are shipping soon. He'll be my first HT figure.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yay. AmiAmi sent a payment request so my Miho Nendo and Alter Akari will soon be with me. Well that's all my preorders for the moment dealt with.

Nothing else has really caught my eye for now, but I may consider the Isabelle Nendo now that I've played the game.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So what are some cool figures that wouldn't be too tacky to have out in my living room? I don't want to get too nerdy out there, but I really like some of the stuff in here (superheroes, Metal Gear, Halo etc).

Hmm... Maybe I could do a small shelf out there with 2 or 3.

Jayhawk

So what are some cool figures that wouldn't be too tacky to have out in my living room? I don't want to get too nerdy out there, but I really like some of the stuff in here (superheroes, Metal Gear, Halo etc).

Hmm... Maybe I could do a small shelf out there with 2 or 3.

It would all depend on the amount of money you're willing to spend and the size of figures/statues you'd be okay with. A list of your favorite characters would be helpful too, since some of the more popular figures and statues sell out fairly quickly and may have to be bought used.

Medicom Old Snake is the closest you get to a good one. There are the real image figs that are cheap.
There is a Solid Snake doll.

The worst is ginger Snake by McFarlane.

Still have min on Flexpay, I didn't do the early thing so I'll have him next month with Catwoman hopefully.
Same. Mine ships on July 5th. Catwoman on July 20th.

Battle Damaged T-800 from T2 ships in August for me and the last figure I have coming for the year is the Sideshow 1/6th scale Joker. Everything else is 2014 for me.

Jessicat

Well, assuming you were able to make an account and got that out of the way, you add figures by clicking "Add to my collection"

UQXKEe9.png

This brings up this window where you pick whether to add it to your Owned, Ordered, or Wished section. You can ignore everything else for now.
EqMEmPG.png

"Add to my collection" gets switched to Owned, Ordered, or Wished once they're in those groups, and you just click on it the same way to change it.
Pbtqe6n.png

There's lots of other features, but that'll get you started on setting up your collection.
Thanks! As I thought, most of the digimon merch I own isn't listed, but a good portion of my collection is on shown my profile here :3 I guess it looks weird because I don't collect female figures at all XD

Rootbeer

Banned
Wow they had a lot of cool stuff to show off... I dig the disney and peanuts stuff. And of course their 1/6th line is looking better than ever

LosDaddie

Banned
True, I'm just trying to dilute the nerdy concentration from my living room. :p

As for favorites:
Master Chief (Play Arts figure is nice)
Solid Snake (again, Play Arts)
Iron Man
Batman
Ninja Turtles
Etc.

All nerdy. :p

You sound like you have the same interests as me in regards to collecting. And yes, the Play-Arts Master Chief from Halo 4 is a great figure. I have him posed on the shelf here at work. :) Pricey, but worth it.

As for the other figures you want, I suggest looking at Sideshow. I have both the Hot Toys Iron Man Mk7 and Hulk figures ordered.

Okay, I made a quick myfigurecollection page. Looking at it, it doesn't seem like I have that many. But then I bought some a few years back, and only just got into them again recently. I'll have a house full of boxes soon enough, I'm sure. I also have a bunch of the old Kaiyodo Evangelion figures, but fuck trying to find them all on that list.

Giolon

For anyone interested, here's my MFC page: http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/Giolon

I've started taking more photos of my figures lately, so expect a lot more to show up there. Also, if you have any photo requests, I'd be happy to oblige where possible. Someone already asked for a specific photo of Momohime and Kongiku together in a certain arrangement that I happily provided.

chrono01

Sorry for the delay in response, it's been "one of those days". ~_~

Oh damn chrono. I'm jealous of Asuka, but not that shipping price :p Mind you, my shipping this month will at least be a mild slap in the face thanks to the EMS-only Princess of The Crystal.

Also looking through your collection, so much awesome in the owned and pre-orders. Saber Alter and maybe 10th anniversary will hopefully be mine before too long.
Yeah, EMS shipping can really surprise you [in a bad way]. Of course, it's hard to tell prior to release [generally] how big/heavy the figure boxes will be, although sometimes you can make guesses/estimate, such as if it has a dynamic pose or extravagant base.

I've seen the box for Princess of the Crystal, and it's pretty huge. I hope you do not pay too much for shipment, although it's probably best to expect that worst [that way if it's less than you think you'll be pleasantly surprised].

Chrono, how big is your house o_o?
Standard size, I guess. The funny thing is, for the last several figures I've had to keep them in their boxes since I don't yet have a display case to place them in. Since dust is a vital enemies to figures, especially those with glossy/intricate surfaces, I want them protected the moment they come out of their box.

I'm starting to get a sizable wall full of unopened figures. It's beginning to look a lot like Mandarake... O_O

Holy crap Chrono. But it's kind of understandable, it IS a huge order.

Going through MFC I'm starting to get the urge to collect Nendoroids....this won't end well.
Be careful! Nendoroids are one of those things where you think to yourself "Oh, this is cute, and so cheap, I'm going to pre-order/add it to my order!". Then, months later, you start to realize the small Nendoroid army coming into form, as you buy more and more [after all, you need to collect that set...right?].

It is a scary cycle!

I've cut back on my purchase of them [there's too many being released!], but I can definitely see why so many people collect them. Interchangable parts/accessories, lower price-point, and the "kawaii" factor.

Some of them just make me go "DAWWW!" when I see them.

You have been warned!

Thanks to your list I am now aware of Dat 10th Anniversary Saber.
Happy I could help, sorry in advance to your wallet/purse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom