• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

I got my first scaled figure in the mail today from Mandarake. 1/8 Nessa from GSC. She is a beauty and my awful picture taking skills don't do her justice.
I was absolutely floored by the detail in her sculpture and her paint. I don't know if my next figure will be able to top Nessa.

Any one else remember their first scaled figure? Is it still your favorite?

http://i.imgur.com/KxnO8Dw.jpgG][/QUOTE]

I really wanted that for the expression and pose. If only I had infinite munies.

Ultimadrago

I got my first scaled figure in the mail today from Mandarake. 1/8 Nessa from GSC. She is a beauty and my awful picture taking skills don't do her justice.
I was absolutely floored by the detail in her sculpture and her paint. I don't know if my next figure will be able to top Nessa.

KxnO8Dw.jpg

Congrats! What a cutie~

As for myself I've only gotten one scaled figure:

Rita Mordio (Tales of Vesperia) 1/8th from Alter

She was my favorite for a little bit, but has since been trumped by my current favorite non-Trading figure:

23011305t3kss.jpg
gsc_nendoroid_miyako04mj4y.jpg

Not my pics because I've left my Miyako Nendo unopened thus far!

Miyako (Hidamari Sketch) Nendoroid from GSC

I enjoy both of their characters, but love Miyako much more. Additionally, my desire for a nendoroid of the goofy penniless genki was far greater than my want for a Rita figure (as much as I like it). In fact, my sister recently convinced me to keep the Rita figure when I thought of selling it.

However, with this new figure I'm looking at on the horizon (hopefully one of my last for real this time!), the crown is up for grabs for what may be forever:

Minase Iori (The Idolm@ster) 1/8th from Phat Company

cajunator

Banned
Congrats! What a cutie~

As for myself I've only gotten one scaled figure:

Rita Mordio (Tales of Vesperia) 1/8th from Alter

She was my favorite for a little bit, but has since been trumped by my current favorite non-Trading figure:

Miyako (Hidamari Sketch) Nendoroid from GSC

I enjoy both of their characters, but love Miyako much more. Additionally, my desire for a nendoroid of the goofy penniless genki was far greater than my want for a Rita figure (as much as I like it). In fact, my sister recently convinced me to keep the Rita figure when I thought of selling it.

However, with this new figure I'm looking at on the horizon (hopefully one of my last for real this time!), the crown is up for grabs for what may be forever:

I dont even like Iori that much but that figure is so squee.

Savestheday

Neo Member
I really wanted that for the expression and pose. If only I had infinite munies.

She wasn't too bad getting her pre-owned on Mandarake. The newer stuff i have pre-ordered, like Alter's 1/7 Asuka, is twice her price! D: Figures are crazy expensive right? i wish I collected earlier when things were less.

Wow that Minase Lori is wonderful. I really love gravity defying figures. The movement in her hair is awesome!

AMUSIX

This arrived yesterday. Haven't unboxed mine yet, though, so...official shots:
ij8J5Jw.jpg

3Fjokag.jpg

I'll open mine later today (and rearrange my shelves). Will take a shot or two to add to this thread.

RocBase

KxnO8Dw.jpg

Ehhh, give your snapping some credit! I'm no photographer myself but the picture's still really nice on the eyes.
My first scale was some stone figure of Cruella De Vil. It's not my favorite but I still love it a great deal. This is it: http://www.disneystore.com/wdcc-cru...retched-figurine/mp/1200184/1000276/#longDesc
With Marvel already in on it, I'm patiently awaiting the day Koto decides to have a crack at Disney scales.

Voted for NSFWallet as the next thread title.

I find it hilarious that most of the wallet destroying threads on GAF are not on gaming side, no, they're in OT community instead.

chrono01

New image of Alleyne EX Color Ver.

iFKqwne18dD1Q.jpg

Damn it, Orchid Seed! I already own the original version, and now I'm tempted by this one. Why do you do this to me!?

inthemyst

Neo Member
Well this is an interesting predicament I'm in. I apparently preordered a Houki Shinonono AGP figure a long time ago, and forgot about it. Then I preordered another one from amiami a few months ago, and both just came in.

So now I have two... and no place to display both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom