• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's my vote too. It's perfect.

oJFLs7p.jpg

RMI

Banned
^^

lol damn.

Wow those starfire pics on Platic Kittly look awesome. I'm not really a fan of her, but that's one of the few Bishoujo's where the face doesn't immediately ruin my interest. they nailed it.

yami4ct

FigureGaf |OT3| Not All Waifus
That's all I got.

Man, this wait until the 21st for the full PG Unicorn reveal is awful. The idea of Bandai not showing a kit they expect people to spent over $300 on until a month before a release seems crazy to me. I'm confident they'll pull it off, but still seems kind of ballsy. GundamGuy repeatedly posting that ad that's just the MG isn't helping.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Why is it so rare to get good quality at a reasonable price for western properties.

The best ive gotten are my Wings of Liberty figures
Poly-stone ain't cheap, hell poly-stone in japan is even more expensive, that's a good price for a 10.5 inch poly-stone figure, the only question is if the fit and finish will be nice enough to warrant the poly-stone price...

Gonna go spend time with the wife, but I've got a collection of titles for y'all to laugh at (or not... I tried)

FigureGAF |OT3| Enablers inc...

FigureGAF |OT3| The figures say "yes", the wallets say "no"...

FigureGAF |OT3| Stop procrastinating and buy them all...

FigureGAF |OT3| LEWD!! The only good taste, is no taste at all...

FigureGAF |OT3| Wallets open 24/7...

FigureGAF |OT3| Plastic dust collectors leading cause of wallet suicide...

FigureGAF |OT3| 5 Hot Toys, 4 Poly-stones, 3 Nendos, 2 PVCs, and a Figma and a Mecha tree....

yami4ct

I think it would be nice if OP3 features a bit more variety as well, could help our inclusiveness

I like the mix of US and Japanese figures in the OP, but I do feel there could be some more variety.

What I'm saying is, needs more mecha. Maybe some Toku stuff, too, but mostly mecha. I can provide mecha if required.

I like the mix of US and Japanese figures in the OP, but I do feel there could be some more variety.

What I'm saying is, needs more mecha. Maybe some Toku stuff, too, but mostly mecha. I can provide mecha if required.
the pictures for the OP are pretty good, maybe interlace them rather than separate them by line, but the entirety of the text is basically where to buy japanese figures

Yes, nendos can be added to

yami4ct

the pictures for the OP are pretty good, maybe interlace them rather than separate them by line, but the entirety of the text is basically where to buy japanese figures

Yes, nendos can be added to

Adding some western shops would be nice. Unless you're talking the real high end stuff, though, Western distribution is awful. Your only real options are buying direct from a manufacturer's web shop, most of which tend to suck and don't get decent stock in. You can buy from one of the few big western online dealers like BigBadToyStore and pay extra or you can chance it and find them in store. As a long time TF collector, I can definitely say I've become tired of this crap.

Einbroch

Banned
I feel oppressed. This place should be a sanctuary for all figure collectors. Sometimes I think it's just a haven for scales waifus and not SD waifus. This is just cemented by the fact that there are ZERO Nendos in the OP. I think I might make a thread in OT for my passion, as I feel like I can't talk openly about them here.

lol

Actually, I seriously have thought about making a Nendoroid OT for a while, but it'd die too quickly I think and too few would be interested in it.

I feel oppressed. This place should be a sanctuary for all figure collectors. Sometimes I think it's just a haven for scales waifus and not SD waifus. This is just cemented by the fact that there are ZERO Nendos in the OP. I think I might make a thread in OT for my passion, as I feel like I can't talk openly about them here.

lol

Actually, I seriously have thought about making a Nendoroid OT for a while, but it'd die too quickly I think and too few would be interested in it.
I could take pictures of my rachel nendo for you...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

lol

I don't have any nendos, but I did just buy this:

Oh, and I do have the Rachel Alucard Nendo Petit.

george_us

I think it would be nice if OP3 features a bit more variety as well, could help our inclusiveness
I don't really get this push for inclusiveness. I'm not interested in at least 75% of the figures I see in this thread yet I still love posting and interacting with people here. Figure-GAF is, by a country mile, my favorite place to post. It's my haven from all of the occasional stupid shit I see on GAF. If you have a sweet looking figure to post then post it for FFS. I enjoy looking at awesome Hot Toys Iron Man figs, expensive wallet busting Sideshow Toys, and rad Gundam figs equally but no one every posts them. Hell I wouldn't have even known about those awesome Court of the Dead Statues if it wasn't for Baka Zeitgeist.

omlet

lol

kewlmyc

While I do have mostly scales, I do have some Nendos and mecha. Only figures I hate buying are figmas and anything you have to paint yourself.

omlet

You guys weren't kidding about amazon jp not messing around. Totori and Kuroyukihime just arrived (ordered Tuesday night).

omlet

Ohh you got the KYH?
She is a cutieeeeeeeeeee

I have 3 figures of her butterfly avatar.

I actually got the Maxfactory one not the GSC; that is, the Death by Embracing instead of the big butterfly/dress one. Both are nice and it took me almost a day to decide which one to get because I didn't want to impulse-buy both of them but in the end I went with the MF one because the GSC one, as much as I like the big dress and wings, is just kind of plain in comparison with her just sitting there with absolutely zero expression (not that her expression is vibrant on the MF one but at least she has one).

Also, Chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim!

Might try to get some unboxed pictures later when there is better light, it's already pitch black outside and I don't have a good indoor light setup.

cajunator

Banned
I actually got the Maxfactory one not the GSC; that is, the Death by Embracing instead of the big butterfly/dress one. Both are nice and it took me almost a day to decide which one to get because I didn't want to impulse-buy both of them but in the end I went with the MF one because the GSC one, as much as I like the big dress and wings, is just kind of plain in comparison with her just sitting there with absolutely zero expression (not that her expression is vibrant on the MF one but at least she has one).

Also, Chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim!

Might try to get some unboxed pictures later when there is better light, it's already pitch black outside and I don't have a good indoor light setup.

She is practically nude in that fiigure so I didnt like it. I have the GSC and a similar from Kotobukiya as well as a figma. In one of them she is hugging Haru. Adorable.
these three:

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/144313
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/117390
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/98924

omlet

She is practically nude in that fiigure so I didnt like it. I have the GSC and a similar from Kotobukiya as well as a figma. In one of them she is hugging Haru. Adorable.

That Koto one is cute (the smile makes it better than GSC's rendition of the same outfit IMO) and that figma looks good too (but, figma...). I think if they'd been selling that Koto one for cheap it would have been my pick, but it was between GSC and MF and I don't plan on displaying the DbE one off the base (so just midriff on display; off the base with legs attached and no arms crossed in front makes for a rather lewd spectacle).

As for the Totori, it's not as bad as I was expecting (but her head looks reeeeally awkward from the side, very flat, bad craftsmanship on the sculpt there). Paint colors aren't perfect but they're consistent and the figure itself feels solid. Plus, Chim. Chimu! Chimu chimumu!

cajunator

Banned
That Koto one is cute (the smile makes it better than GSC's rendition of the same outfit IMO) and that figma looks good too (but, figma...). I think if they'd been selling that Koto one for cheap it would have been my pick, but it was between GSC and MF and I don't plan on displaying the DbE one off the base (so just midriff on display; off the base with legs attached and no arms crossed in front makes for a rather lewd spectacle).

As for the Totori, it's not as bad as I was expecting (but her head looks reeeeally awkward from the side, very flat, bad craftsmanship on the sculpt there). Paint colors aren't perfect but they're consistent and the figure itself feels solid. Plus, Chim. Chimu! Chimu chimumu!

Yeah the bottom half looks weird. Same reason I didnt get the GSC Nadeko. Besides the Alter Nadeko is adorableeeeeeeeee

meijiko

I'm pretty much dead today. Between Rin and Sakura being just about perfect, I feel like I should quit while I'm ahead.

Also why does the Cardcaptor Sakura tag at amiami keep getting new items? I'm already buried in stuff and they want me to buy more aaaaaaaaaaaaa

Edit: OH FFS

GmVGf6M.jpg

I'm done guys. It's over. I've hit peak collector bliss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom