• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
B17x6__IYAEkytp.jpg

Zoinks

Caladrius

So many happy Figure GAFers for the last pages of this OT, the mood an OT should end on =D

Hope johnsmith's preparing OT3 as it's the homestretch page(s) now ;D

That Miku Scale looks fantastic. That and the Syo one are things I'm going to keep an eye out for.

I'm attempting to point out what's wrong with both of those, but I have a feeling I'd be here for the better portion of an hour.

my laziness in preordering these is paying off day after day

I think you're conflating "Laziness" with "Wisdom", this time.

The QA on these is atrocious. (Won't stop me from getting Samus or the inorganic characters in the store, but...)
I sincerely hope they improve these within the next couple of waves. Lots of potential being squandered big time here.

cajunator

Banned
Good God Alter your quality is ASTRONOMICAL.
Laura's gun even has a popout magazine and the slide moves!
Alter quality is so far above the competition its kind of ridiculous.

Good god, I have so many Danganronpa figures now. Guess it's time to make a shrine?

Why not? Be sure to take pics when you're done.

You know this gets me thinking, how many of you guys have 3 or more figures from a single anime or video game? Do you have a dedicated shelf/display/shrine for them?

For example: here's my Gainax/Trigger collection. No Kill La Kill figures yet, not until Phat Company Satsuki gets delivered.

Yoko and Gunbuster are kind of blocked in that pic

The good news: Phat Company Kirigiri arrived. Everything went well.
The bad news: I am clueless as to how to mount the main body to the table. It seems (when following the pictures in the manual) that strands of her hair are always in the way, when you try to stick the table's pin into her skirt/butt area.

Anyone else have this figure? Not sure how to proceed, as I am afraid of snapping one or more of the strands of hair...

Assemble the desk and everything first (don't forget the clear support piece!). Place Kirigiri on last. As for her hair, you just have to guide it out of the way as gently as possible. It's PVC, so it has some give to it. The hair is going to end up gathered (and kind of gripping) the sides of the desk in the upper left corner, but that's normal.

cajunator

Banned
Laura has like 4 options for her face and two for her arms.

smiling, pouting
long hair, twintails
holding a platter, holding her gun

How the hell am I supposed to choose?

smiling, pouting
long hair, twintails

Wait. She has twintails? WHY WAS I NEVER TOLD THIS!?

I probably would have bought her by now if I knew this.

omlet

smiling, pouting
long hair, twintails

What!? How did I never hear about this figure.

Take pictures of them all so I can help decide.

cajunator

Banned
This figure is rocketing up there in my favorites.
Its just sublime. Im so glad I managed to find it.
Beware there is a well made bootleg too.

Here we go, got Kirigiri set up.

Yes, it was pretty hard to get her but to sit on that table, that hair.

That's about what mine looks like, though I have a bit more of her hair on the side just above her hand. I tried to do it in a way that put the least amount of stress on the hair strands.

I have to say, Kirigiri is my first figure from Phat, and despite being six months overdue, she really is impressive to look at.

I would argue that Max Factory is up at the top as well, but some their pricing lately has been ludicrous. Alter seems better at doing subtle folds in clothing.

Also, Lloyd is looking solid.

I'm not a big fan of that base though.

It doesn't have to be amazing as Koto's bases but it just feels generic ~_~

cajunator

Banned
I put her next to bunnygirl Charles and I was not prepared for that level of cuteness together.
This is kind of dangerous.
Plus shes next to Nadeko and Tsukiko. If I put Shiro there its going to require caution tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom