• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I'm pretty much dead today. Between Rin and Sakura being just about perfect, I feel like I should quit while I'm ahead.

Also why does the Cardcaptor Sakura tag at amiami keep getting new items? I'm already buried in stuff and they want me to buy more aaaaaaaaaaaaa

Edit: OH FFS

GmVGf6M.jpg

I'm done guys. It's over. I've hit peak collector bliss.

I know that feel

meijiko

Aren't RAH's generally spotty?

I don't know that well, since I don't have much experience with them. The one I do have (Link) is excellent, though. I'm getting the regular Levi in December, but the fact that this is getting made too is really too much.

I probably won't even get him. But the fact that it was announced today with all the other things is just crazy for me as a collector. I'm not really used to being catered to!

I'm pretty much dead today. Between Rin and Sakura being just about perfect, I feel like I should quit while I'm ahead.

Also why does the Cardcaptor Sakura tag at amiami keep getting new items? I'm already buried in stuff and they want me to buy more aaaaaaaaaaaaa

GmVGf6M.jpg

I would buy that for the base alone.

Kotobukiya - Leading the way in cutting-edge figure base technology

Man, Koto is just making everyone else look like scrubs in the base department.

Bombless

I have absolutely zero interest in the figures posted on this page but it makes me feel super happy to see other collectors super happy.

That is all. You may resume the squeeing.

Zerojul

Yeah Nendos !!!!

Link is awesome as anticipated.
The only downside about Sakura is that it makes me want the rest of the gang. Well at least Sumire and Maria. And Orihime. Oh well, at least I have Erica on preorder, thanks to this very thread.

I have only 5 of them this far but I feel the urge to collect more rising. Too much cuteness. The fact that my GF loves them is not helping.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah Nendos !!!!

Link is awesome as anticipated.
The only downside about Sakura is that it makes me want the rest of the gang. Well at least Sumire and Maria. And Orihime. Oh well, at least I have Erica on preorder, thanks to this very thread.

I have only 5 of them this far but I feel the urge to collect more rising. Too much cuteness. The fact that my GF loves them is not helping.

Yeah. They are really REALLY cute arent they?

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Space Battleship Yamato you win. God damn this series is good and now I want two of the figures. The new one and also this: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-003394

Which is currently 50% off and I think within my budget. Tell my wallet I said hello *salutes as he falls into a pit of joy and despair*

LOL Sold out now, if you bought it congrats...

Samus is lonely, I needs more space galz...

I think Bishoujo Freddy just arrived, and my Club Nintendo Yoshi Plush, and my wife took the camera away today...

Torraz

The good news: Phat Company Kirigiri arrived. Everything went well.
The bad news: I am clueless as to how to mount the main body to the table. It seems (when following the pictures in the manual) that strands of her hair are always in the way, when you try to stick the table's pin into her skirt/butt area.

Anyone else have this figure? Not sure how to proceed, as I am afraid of snapping one or more of the strands of hair...

Ryuuroden

Time to go pick up my Shiro......THAT arrived on Monday, but i was gone all week.

EDIT: got her, shes perfect, no flaws, wonder if cajun was just unlucky

Ryuuroden

GmVGf6M.jpg

I am so happy for you meijiko :D It's a wonderful feeling.

So many happy Figure GAFers for the last pages of this OT, the mood an OT should end on =D

Hope johnsmith's preparing OT3 as it's the homestretch page(s) now ;D
Ren: Rhyme mode Ver. & Ren: “Together, Forever” Ver.
Hello everyone, Kahotan here! (@gsc_kahotan)

I have never been able to get along very well with animals. I do think I could get along with a canine ALL-MATE! In fact I’d love to get along with one!

With that said, today I’ll be taking a look at…

Ren: Rhyme mode Ver.!
o0515059913121874849.jpg

“Stop overthinking it. You’ll short your brain out.”

From the PC game ‘DRAMAtical Murder’ comes a 1/7th scale figure of the main character’s partner, Ren! He has been sculpted in his human mode from the virtual game in the series ‘Rhyme’.

The cape that brings out the atmosphere of the Rhyme world has been carefully sculpted, but can also be removed for an alternate display showing off his shapely body for fans to enjoy. Grab the calm and collected Ren and display him by your side forever more!
Hyahoooooooo!!!! (*´Д`)

The dependable Ren sitting looking as charming as ever!

His lovely large cape flowing around his human form! The sculptor of the figure is none other than Nanako-san, the same sculptor behind the previously released Aoba figure! ♡
o0515056213121875136.jpg

As I’m sure you can tell simply by laying eyes on him for a second, the amount of love that has gone into the sculpt-work is simply amazing! ☆

Even the base is amazing with a giant beast-like hand, floating crystals and fluttering cape!
o0515039313121875135.jpg

Everything surrounding Ren is beautifully made!
Plus just look at his amazing expression!
o0515068013121874848.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------
This is how he compares in size with a Nendoroid! ♪
o0515054013121875137.jpg

Based on this, he is around 1/3rd the height of a Nendoroid!

The figure is 1/7th scale, making it fairly large! (*´Д`)=з
---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you take a look from the bottom…
o0515050113121875613.jpg

You get a little peek at his arm and flank!

(´-`).。oO(Being teased like this is so effective…!)

HOWEVER!

You don’t have to remain being teased, as I’m sure you all know that Ren’s cape can be completely removed, showing off much more of his body for fans to enjoy! (・∀・)
o0515070413121875915.jpg

Oooooooooooohhhhhhh!! (/ω\)

W-What do I do?! I’m too embarrassed to continue!
Ren: “Together Forever” Ver.
o0515080013121876435.jpg

“I want… to touch Aoba more…”

From the PC game ‘DRAMAtical Murder’ comes a 1/7th scale figure of the main character’s partner, Ren! He has been sculpted in human mode with his cape removed and a gentle smile on his face.All of the tattoos on his back have also been faithfully included, allowing fans to enjoy him from any angle they please!

The included base is made in the image of a sandy beach, ideal for the Ren route in the game. Be sure to add Ren to your collection and keep him by your side… together, forever.
Orders of either of the two figures above will include a special first production run bonus of a clear bromide card!(148×100mm)!
o0515067013117408399.jpg

*Design is for illustrative purposes only. Final design my differ.

PLUS PLUS!

Pre orders of either of the figures from the GOOD SMILE ONLINE SHOP will include a B3 poster of the same illustration! ♡

⇒ Ren: Rhyme mode Ver.
⇒ Ren: “Together, Forever” Ver.

Both are available until the 26th November 2014 at 21:00JST!
Nendoroid Beatrice “Lily” Anastasi
Hello everyone, Kahotan here! (@gsc_kahotan)

I am fully prepared for the Winter already! I keep a scarf with me all the time for walking about outside! It’s really starting to get cold in the evenings now… be sure to keep warm and avoid any colds!

Anyway, today I’m going to be taking a look at…

Nendoroid Beatrice “Lily” Anastasi!
o0515058913119997409.jpg

From the multiplayer action game ‘FREEDOM WARS’ comes a Nendoroid of the gentle girl with blond hair and golden eyes, Beatrice “Lily” Anastasi! She has been sculpted in the “”Criminal”” outfit she wears when fighting by the main characters side in the game.She comes with both close ranged and long ranged weapons as well as one of the most characteristic weapons in the game – the ibara whip! Recreate all sorts of different scenes from the game!
Oooooooohhhh!! (´□`。)

From the popular PlayStation Vita game ‘FREEDOM WARS’ comes a Nendoroid of the key to revolution and destiny, Beatrice! A plastic board that can be attached between her hair parts to show her prison sentence is also included. The thorns climbing along her right leg are also faithfully included! (。・ω・)ノ゙

Let’s see how she looks from the back!
o0515063113119997412.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------
(・∀・) “Preorders from the GOOD SMILE ONLINE SHOP will include ‘3x Ibara Whip Extension Parts‘ as a bonus!”
o0515035313120331408.jpg

Oooh! I can imagine even more fun action scenes with these! (*´Д`)=з

(・∀・) “Plus! To celebrate the figure’s announcement, you can get special decals in the game!”

\ W-What?! /

(・∀・) “Here is the available line-up of decals!”
o0515029213120958425.jpg
o0515029213120958646.jpg
o0515029213120958645.jpg

o0515029213120958427.jpg
o0515029213120958426.jpg
o0515029213120958428.jpg

There is even a Kahotan Icon?!
I’m honoured!! Thank you!!

(・∀・) “A big thank you to the developers for being so kind to add these in! Feel free to customise your character in Good Smile style!”

More details will be available on the product page.

FREEDOM WARS OFFICIAL SITE:
http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/freedomwars/001/

kewlmyc

So with the thread coming to a close, let me get a recent disappointment off my chest.

I am a big Persona fan. I've played 3 and 4, and I'm starting to play Persona 2 as well. I am a fan of one of the characters in Persona 4, and he goes by the name of Adachi. Adachi is a comic relief character. He's a goofball that sucks at everything, which is a character type that I like in most media, the bumbling sidekick type of character. What makes him stand out *big P4 spoilers* is that
he's actually a complete sociopath. It was a bit jarring seeing a character I like be a murdering creepy raper guy. However it made him more of an interesting character to me, especially with Persona 4 Golden and Persona 4 The Golden Animation going more into his past.

All and all, I really like the character. Suddenly, it was announced that he would be having a figure made of him. A secondary male character in a video game was getting a 1/8 scale figure? It's absurd and unheard of. Hell there are more popular characters in the Persona series (both male and female) that have never gotten anything more than a prize figure (Naoto and Yosuke come to mind). Yet Adachi was getting one. I was so happy that I ordered *P4 Spoilers*
Magastu-Izanagi
, which is an expensive exclusive Megahouse figure from 3 years ago just so I could display them together with my other P4 figures. I knew that I was going to buy it no matter what. Now, information for ordering him came out... and it's bullshit.

1. He's an exclusive on some obscure site.
2. He looks like a cheap prize figure, which is perfectly fine if the price is right, but....
3. He's 9000 yen!
4. Getting him on Big in Japan will be 11200 yen up front!

Shit's ridiculous. Reminds me of Alter's Labrys, but at least Labrys looks really really good and is made by the best in the business when it comes to figure makers. Adachi is made by World Scope which is best known for making this mediocre figure.

So yeah, that's my story of my "holy grail" of a figure coming true, and it being a huge disappointment. The worst part is that I'm still very very tempted to get him anyway since this is the only figure we'll ever get of him (and he might be rare in the future since exclusive). There's a point where I needed to stop and I've clearly passed it. Here's the figure in question.

cajunator

Banned
The good news: Phat Company Kirigiri arrived. Everything went well.
The bad news: I am clueless as to how to mount the main body to the table. It seems (when following the pictures in the manual) that strands of her hair are always in the way, when you try to stick the table's pin into her skirt/butt area.

Anyone else have this figure? Not sure how to proceed, as I am afraid of snapping one or more of the strands of hair...

Her hair is very flexible and bends right out of the way. It shouldnt pose any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom