• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 (Fan) Translation Released

Vamphuntr

I've been thinking about this too, with regards to whether it's kosher to allow it to be linked here on NeoGAF, and I don't have an answer because I don't know what is actually distributed in the patch files.

Pretty sure yellow.pkg is all of the games files, Sky says so himself in the OP of his gba temp thread. His merging files has a new one to replace one from one of the umd. Don't have my copy yet but I think it's pretty obvious how it works. If I'm right the new pkg file contains the data from both umds. The rest of the files you replace seems to be a bunch of icons and the file hierarchy descriptor.

I doubt you are downloading 1,5GB of dummy files.

I'm looking at pics here... is the game really 100% English patched? Like everything except from stuff that can't be patched (like maybe Japanese text on FMVs)? Not like the MHP3 translation patch where only the gameplay stuff is translated.

Sykotik

I'm looking at pics here... is the game really 100% English patched? Like everything except from stuff that can't be patched (like maybe Japanese text on FMVs)? Not like the MHP3 translation patch where only the gameplay stuff is translated.

100% English patched, apart from anything that may have slipped under the cracks.

Aeana

Pretty sure yellow.pkg is all of the games files, Sky says so himself in the OP of his gba temp thread. His merging files has a new one to replace one from one of the umd. Don't have my copy yet but I think it's pretty obvious how it works. If I'm right the new pkg file contains the data from both umds. The rest of the files you replace seems to be a bunch of icons and the file hierarchy descriptor.

I doubt you are downloading 1,5GB of dummy files.

Yeah. Like I said, it really seemed that way to me, but I wasn't sure. If that's the case then we probably shouldn't be linking to the actual patch here. :\

Indignate

Anytime I access the save/upgrade menus, I get a jump to about 200FPS when I exit them. Takes a while for it to calm back down.

Anything I did wrong in the settings that is causing this?

Okay, sweet. Where's the cheapest site to import the game?

Or can I just download it via JPN PSN or something? No idea where I'd buy digital JPN PSN codes.

You can use the JPN PSn but you'd have to decrypt and do other crazy stuff. Honestly, I'd just order from Amazon (that's what I did). ~40 bucks or so.

Note that you'll need a way to play ISOs and you'll need to dump the ISOs yourself (I'm planning on using PPSSPP, with ISOs I dumped myself from my trusty-ol PSP Phat that somehow still works).

You can use the JPN PSn but you'd have to decrypt and do other crazy stuff. Honestly, I'd just order from Amazon (that's what I did). ~40 bucks or so.

Huh, $40 fulfilled by Amazon. That's cheaper than I expected. I was planning to buy other stuff from Amazon so this is awesome.

edit: Or not. I think I'll just wait until after E3. They might announce something.

kadotsu

Banned
Anytime I access the save/upgrade menus, I get a jump to about 200FPS when I exit them. Takes a while for it to calm back down.

Anything I did wrong in the settings that is causing this?

Maybe you've mapped the turbo feature to your controller.

Indignate

Try turning on vsync? It's off by default.

I'll try it.

Apparently, the speedup is mapped to the right analog stick by default as well. I thought maybe I had hit it on accident, but clicking it back to standard didn't do much right away. Just going to remap that as well as turning on vsync.

Sitrus

Does Sky or one of the team members had a GAF account? Maybe he can explain how the patch works.

He had explained a bit on gbatemp.

Both discs are essentially the same. Just some files (mainly videos) are 0 bytes in the disc they are not playable. Since the data that is not common between both discs has been translated, the patcher has to include that, so any disk is ok, the result will be the same.

~Sky

Source:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/final-fantasy-type-0-romhacking.340183/page-170#post-5018207

Just checked the original game size. JP PSN version has disc 1 at 1268mb and disc 2 at 1024. in total 2298mb. The patch seems to contain almost everything as said by Sky.

Ezalc

The patcher does that for you. You simply need to select one of the UMD ISOs you ripped, and you'll get a playable English ISO.

Oh, then what's the point of the merger if the patch merges it for you? This is confusing me.

Toki767

So awesome. This game seriously breathes a new life into the whole FFXIII mythos. Plus this Odin is way cooler.

i92ruHr5RuklC.gif

Renpatsu

I'm enjoying the expository conceit they've been using to frame the narrative of this game by having short interludes that evoke historical documentary that you might find on television. It fits well with the short mission based gameplay.

jediyoshi

Except that the patch doesn't work without the game unlike a second disc of an album.

Again, completely irrelevant. You already wouldn't have that disk unless you owned the other.

If someone didn't own a PSP but downloaded the game, is that fine because they didn't have the hardware to run it?

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone knows if this work with the PSN version of the game?

Aeana

Anyone knows if this work with the PSN version of the game?

It will work if you decrypt the game first using something like PSN PKG Decrypter & Extractor. This should be a totally legitimate process since it requires the security key that comes with your download from PSN.

stryke

Can someone pm me on how this works. Like what do I need to play this?

I'm doing a short write up right now, which I've only just started because I was watching F1 and finished lunch. (Or if someone else is already doing one then I'll gladly stop)

It won't be as extensive and pretty as an OT but hopefully I'll cover enough so most people can get it running and it can be added to the OP.

Yoyoenix91

Neo Member
I'm enjoying the game, but I'm getting massive stuttering during certain parts near the beginning of the game. First, it was on the elevator going up, and then it occured several times near the bulkhead door.

I'm assuming this is occurring because the game is loading an area, and the emulator doesn't quiet play well with that, at least in my case.

Is there any way to tinker with this? Has anyone else had this issue?

Also, no method of Vsync, through emulator, driver settings, or Nvidia Inspector, is helping me with screen tearing, when playing fullscreen. Any ideas there?

Kudos to the translator, I'm enjoying everything else thus far. :)

Aeana

I'm enjoying the game, but I'm getting massive stuttering during certain parts near the beginning of the game. First, it was on the elevator going up, and then it occured several times near the bulkhead door.

I'm assuming this is occurring because the game is loading an area, and the emulator doesn't quiet play well with that, at least in my case.

Is there any way to tinker with this? Has anyone else had this issue?

Also, no method of Vsync, through emulator, driver settings, or Nvidia Inspector, is helping me with screen tearing, when playing fullscreen. Any ideas there?

Kudos to the translator, I'm enjoying everything else thus far. :)
You don't happen to have texture scaling on, do you?

Zomba13

It will work if you decrypt the game first using something like PSN PKG Decrypter & Extractor. This should be a totally legitimate process since it requires the security key that comes with your download from PSN.

Oh so using something like that I could decrypt PSP games on my vita? Because I tried to transfer Dissidia012 to my PC earlier expecting an eboot or something and it was a bunch of files I couldn't use and I don't feel like faffing around to download the game again but onto my PSP. I tried a quick google but I think my search terms were bad.

Is that psp emulator to the same level of dolphin? People seem to be having a lot of technical issues but is it hardware related? I have a 780 Ti so I'm hoping that I'd just push through them.

Will try to order this sometime this week though, I'm not a dirty buccaneer so I'll have to own it first before any emulating :p

Aeana

1st off: Yay!!!!!!!!!
2nd: Is there a way to work 60fps on the psp/vita CFW?

No. But it's not really 60 FPS anyway. It seems to double every frame so you still get the appearance of 30 FPS. The main benefit is better control responsiveness in PPSSPP (this is particularly noticeable if you bind the dpad buttons to both the dpad and the right analog stick on the controller, the dpad is much more responsive in 60 FPS mode).

Playing this on my PSP and loving it so far. Characters play very differently from each other, looks awesome for a PSP game, and I enjoy talking to NPCs.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member

Feep

Banned
It looks like quite the chore to do all this, but assuming tomorrow/Tuesday doesn't bring a localization announcement, I'll grab a JP copy online. I *think* my friend can use his crazy PSP to rip the .ISO...I hope. >.>

ZeroX03

Banned
The fuck is this garbage about the l'Cie? Fuck it, skipping every cutscene. Was really hoping this game wouldn't go all XIII.

It looks like quite the chore to do all this, but assuming tomorrow/Tuesday doesn't bring a localization announcement, I'll grab a JP copy online. I *think* my friend can use his crazy PSP to rip the .ISO...I hope. >.>
It'll be super simple stuff to rip it with a CFW PSP, and it'll take a few minutes to turn any PSP into one! :)

Amazon US has it for $38, so get on that. lol

Top Bottom