• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 (Fan) Translation Released

katkombat

Banned
Is there any way to get this below two gigs after the patch, by deleting update files or converting to a CSO or anything? I ripped my UMDS when the release date was announced but didn't get around to getting my card/card adapter yet either.

I really hate what SE did with FF last gen. XIII was ok. I mean, I didn't really like it but they tried something and it didn't hit with everyone and that's ok. But then they had to retcon their own ending to make a sequel about time travel and old gods and then they made another sequel (this time the ending making it very clear they weren't done) in which you go around saving people from the end of the world because God says screw it and wants to knock over his lego tower and build it again. We've had a generation where the high profile, big budget FF games were all in the same crappy universe focusing on the same crappy characters with a bunch of bullshit to get everyone back for the 'last' game.

I decided to order this game yesterday and screw SE if they do release an offical localisation and was excited so watched the opening on youtube. The game has more feels and urgency in the 10 minute opening cinematic than in all off the FFXIII "saga". Probably plays better than them too (though I gotta admit I did kinda like Lightning Returns battle system and dress up from the demo).

Toriyama is probably jerking it right now over this news. His Lightning obsession is just creepy and needs to fucking stop.

aravuus

As soon as I checked out the character info tab on Crimson Codex I reckoned Nomura has to be the character designer. Everyone on Class 0 is J-pop beautiful as fuck. I'm not exactly against it, while I don't like the style I don't hate it either.

e: didn't notice it says it right in the title screen lol

WarRock

Is there any way to get this below two gigs after the patch, by deleting update files or converting to a CSO or anything? I ripped my UMDS when the release date was announced but didn't get around to getting my card/card adapter yet either.

Nope. You can't compress it thanks to the merging process too.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I figured out how to update my Vita TN-V to the inferno firmware...does anyone else have that issue, where they update to the latest but it just reverts to the original after a reboot?

Couple questions for those far into the game:

Will I be severely underlevelled if I skip the requests?
How do I use Cure on other party members?
What's the most efficient way to use up my free time?

Thanks!

I haven't tried it but I'm going to say it won't work. m33-6 doesn't have the right UMD drivers to handle game sizes bigger than 2GB.

You'll need to install PRO CFW which includes the "Inferno" driver with which the game will work.

never forget

Man if that really turns out to be true, I dunno why they'd set themselves up for another bomba like that. Sales took a dive with each new XIII game. They keep trying over and over... When will they realize people didn't like this chapter.

linkboy

I figured out how to update my Vita TN-V to the inferno firmware...does anyone else have that issue, where they update to the latest but it just reverts to the original after a reboot?

Did you replace the TN-v files in the save folder on your computer.

If you update TN via WiFi, but don't update the files on your computer, it'll downgrade every time you add a new iso.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Did you replace the TN-v files in the save folder on your computer.

If you update TN via WiFi, but don't update the files on your computer, it'll downgrade every time you add a new iso.
Ah, thanks!

Zukuu

Banned
So far I've only run into one problem: upon approaching the Codex, PPSSPP crashes. Everything else runs very smoothly for me.

The game is just awesome so far. A bit overwhelmed with all the names and terms, but I'm getting the hang of it.

I'm quite unsure who to take into my team tho. I'm maining NINE, but other than that I have no clue. DEUCE seems like an awesome support/healer but I don't really like her as a character. SEVEN looks ridiculously OP and so does CATER. REM looks like a great offensive mage due to obvious reasons. Mhhh.. what is your setup and why?

Sykotik

Biggest gripe I have at the moment is not being able to accept multiple requests. You can only choose one, and you can't take others without abandoning the one you're doing. This is dumb as it is, but makes it much worse considering you only have to so time before the next mission triggers, leaving you unable to leave the academy.

Even if you have the items sitting in your inventory, you cannot complete the damn request without accepting it, abandoning the other one you have awaiting to be turned in back somewhere else.

So far I've only run into one problem: upon approaching the Codex, PPSSPP crashes. Everything else runs very smoothly for me.

Same thing happened to me. I went back and tried it again and it worked.

So far I've only run into one problem: upon approaching the Codex, PPSSPP crashes. everything else runs very smoothly for me.

This is most definitely abnormal, the Codex in the Crystarium loads perfectly for me first time around.

Can you post your issue here on the ppsspp github issue opened for this game? It'd bring in direct attention from the other devs and members of the PPSSPP team so that it'd have a much higher chance of being resolved. Making an account for github is free, and that is generally the place where stuff gets done for the emulator with the dev team.

aravuus

Who directed the pre-rendered cutscenes? They are fucking amazing!

Loving the game too, some of the bosses have been surprisingly hard. I've grinded a bit and yet I still get one-shotted here and there. Not exactly a negative though, just that this may very well be the second hardest FF game I've played, right after FFT.

Who directed the pre-rendered cutscenes? They are fucking amazing!

Loving the game too, some of the bosses have been surprisingly hard. I've grinded a bit and yet I still get one-shotted here and there. Not exactly a negative though, just that this may very well be the second hardest FF game I've played, right after FFT.

Yep, they're easily close to PS360 quality, the only thing that hampers them is the unavoidable upscaling from the 480x272 resolution they were originally encoded in.

I've just got 7 hours in so far, and this is easily the best FF that I've played since X/XII over 7 years ago. I can feel the terrible taste of the XIII trilogy washing out of my mouth already, like a distant nightmare. I just can't put the game down.

Labadal

Yep, they're easily close to PS360 quality, the only thing that hampers them is the unavoidable upscaling from the 480x272 resolution they were originally encoded in.

I've just got 7 hours in so far, and this is easily the best FF that I've played since X/XII over 7 years ago. I can feel the terrible taste of the XIII trilogy washing out of my mouth already, like a distant nightmare. I just can't put the game down.

And they decided not to port this to the west. I'm still scratching my head. PSP or not, they could have released it on basically anything.

aravuus

Started getting this weird problem suddenly, where the battle twirl is all kinds of fucked up and at the start of the battle, the screens almost all red for a few seconds. Not terribly horrible but annoying, anyone know how to fix this? I did literally nothing, the game was paused (in ppsspp menu) on the background when I watched the EA E3 stream, came back and now it's like this

Does this game need multiple play throughs?

Story elements change and certain quests and summons become accessible on a second play through. I think the second ending is obtainable on a second play through as well but with certain conditions attached, I forget the finer details.

Never did a second play through myself. One day!

WarRock

Couple questions for those far into the game:

Will I be severely underlevelled if I skip the requests?
How do I use Cure on other party members?
What's the most efficient way to use up my free time?

Thanks!

No

That's a nice question, I finished the game in japanese but never tried healing NPCs

Just do whatever you want - subsequent playthroughs will allow you to whatever you missed - and anything already done can be repeated without expending time. But if you want to optimize stat/xp gains, always prioritize Moglin classes (when available). There is alsoa couple of event lines that take a lot of time and most probably won't be finished in a single playthrough, if you want more information, check the Requests and Free Time tabs:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqRPQz13F4fZdDVtdWdRV2pqWWdyLVViMWxtVklOY2c

Labadal

Strange issue is occurring. Some effects make the screen go black. Dodging with Ace and some other moves do this,too. I haven't had this issue before. This started happening after downloading the latest dev-build of PPSSPP. Shadows are no longer white, so that is a plus, I guess.

SunGod

Strange issue is occurring. Some effects make the screen go black. Dodging with Ace and some other moves do this,too. I haven't had this issue before. This started happening after downloading the latest dev-build of PPSSPP. Shadows are no longer white, so that is a plus, I guess.

Try changing rendering mode to non-buffered. Earlier in the thread someone suggested doing the opposite but this fixed it for me...

Started getting this weird problem suddenly, where the battle twirl is all kinds of fucked up and at the start of the battle, the screens almost all red for a few seconds. Not terribly horrible but annoying, anyone know how to fix this? I did literally nothing, the game was paused (in ppsspp menu) on the background when I watched the EA E3 stream, came back and now it's like this

I've noticed that too, but the abnormal effect can't be reproduced consistently, it comes and goes randomly. I was trying to get a picture of it to report the issue, but I can't get it to show red again.

Muntu, if you can get a decent screenshot of the specific abnormality, you can report this particular issue at the game specific ppsspp github issue page I linked to earlier on in the thread. Devs will take note and it will have a better chance of being fixed.

Folks, a number of the currently documented issues with the game and PPSSPP have been noted/listed here.

If you have an issue with the game on PPSSPP that isn't listed there in the first comment, feel free to add it at the page. Your reports will help us deal with the issues more effectively, and every comment is noted, nothing disappears into the ether on the github.

Be sure to add the following to your report if and when you decide to make one on that page:-

1. PPSSPP version used (include the whole version number, e.g. not just 0.9.8 but 0.9.8-1122-g23123)

2. Your platform and system specs. (Very important since there are some issues that are only Android/iOS specific and do not affect Windows/Linux/etc)

3. Any deviations from the default settings (mention if you're using Texture Scaling/Multithreaded/etc/things are are not enabled by default)

aravuus

I've noticed that too, but the abnormal effect can't be reproduced consistently, it comes and goes randomly. I was trying to get a picture of it to report the issue, but I can't get it to show red again.

Muntu, if you can get a decent screenshot of the specific abnormality, you can report this particular issue at the game specific ppsspp github issue page I linked to earlier on in the thread. Devs will take note and it will have a better chance of being fixed.

Thanks for the link, I'll try to remember to report it tomorrow if the problem persists

Ezalc

How do you equip the eidolon instead of the trinity attack? I can't seem to find it.

Damn this game needs more buttons and some better design choices. Using items and calling in new party members after older ones have died leaves you completely open.

Zukuu

Banned
You can overcome this with a certain Rem ability.
Why do they give me the ability to chose from 12 characters when in the end they almost force me to use a certain character. >-<
I bet Machina has such a special ability that you NEED as well, right? :X

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
The worst mechanism so far is, that you have to sacrifice someone to summon an Eidolon. Wtf were they thinking?!

I thought it tied in thematically with the plot but yes it is slightly annoying.
You even have npcs talk about considering whether to sacrifice to summon. Life is cheap in the Type-0 world.

You can overcome this with a certain Rem ability.

Rem's always in MY party for that reason. That and her awesome magic stats + party MP regen ability makes her indispensable.

Queen's mah best gal though. Dash FTW.

None of the dudes particularly strike my fancy except for maybe King and Jack.

Aeana

Jack's super strong and he was my go-to guy in the JP version, and I've been using him a fair bit this time too. But I've actually found myself using Ace more this time as well, when I didn't care for him when I played the JP version.

Ezalc

Rem's always in MY party for that reason. That and her awesome magic stats + party MP regen ability makes her indispensable.

Queen's mah best gal though. Dash FTW.

None of the dudes particularly strike my fancy except for maybe King and Jack.

Really? I pretty much hate playing as Queen and Jack, him especially.

I'm liking a lot more of the dudes it seems: King, Ace, Machina, Nine, Eight, Trey. Also enjoy Rem, Cater, Seven and Sice a bit less. Deuce is a great support character as is Rem. Cinque is awful though jesus.

Indignate

Just don't summon? Or do you have to summon sometimes to get though some battles? Never been the case in a FF game before.

And you do have 12 characters, sacrificing one or two to summon doesn't seem like a big deal.

MBison

So I read in this thread you should use 333 clock speed.

So I hit select on the xmb and I would then change the CPU clock for game from default to the 333/??? (Forgot what that second number was)?

Thanks!

Top Bottom