• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII (PC port) PS4 trophy list

Falk

that puzzling face
Response and hype in this thread better than expected considering reception a year ago.

jtffLl7.png

Falk

that puzzling face
Said reception was mainly due to how Square handled the announcement though

Well, yeah, and I think there'd be a lot more sour grapes if FFVIIr wasn't announced earlier this year as well.

Doesn't make it any less amusing.

Holmes

Response and hype in this thread better than expected considering reception a year ago.

jtffLl7.png
It's just a small sample in this thread. Everyone who was really disappointed by the announcement last year don't care about this so they're not participating in this thread.

Although I wish the same can be said for FFXV threads. Those are true cesspools.

DeSolos

It's just a small sample in this thread. Everyone who was really disappointed by the announcement last year don't care about this so they're not participating in this thread.

Although I wish the same can be said for FFXV threads. Those are true cesspools.

Just wait for when concrete information is revealed about FF7r, and the general population realizes it isn't just a remake and they are actually changing a lot.

It will be a cesspool to surpass Metal Gear
Solid V threads
!

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I think it's a distinct possibility, yes. Time will tell.

I'd say 2019 or 2020 personally speaking, no time before

Just wait for when concrete information is revealed about FF7r, and the general population realizes it isn't just a remake and they are actually changing a lot.

It will be a cesspool to surpass Metal Gear
Solid V threads
!

Which will then be redirected back to the trailer, which they were told such a thing would happen :p

But it most likely won't stop the "bargh SE betrayed me with expectations i should not have had because the game does not have 2D backround illustrations with chibi models"

Holmes

I would love for VIII to come over on PS4 too, especially if they take out the "kill 10,000 enemies" trophy. They removed the one in VII for mastering all materia, so it would be likely.

Falk

that puzzling face
Wonder how they'd handle Chocobo minigame for a hypothetical VIII port.

please don't suggest companion iOS app

Son Of D

Wonder how they'd handle Chocobo minigame for a hypothetical VIII port.

please don't suggest companion iOS app

Probably how the Steam version handles it. In the launcher for VIII there's a Chocobo World option and you can sync saves. Just have VIII come with a Chocobo World App for PS4 and link the saves between them.

I would love for VIII to come over on PS4 too, especially if they take out the "kill 10,000 enemies" trophy. They removed the one in VII for mastering all materia, so it would be likely.

I hope that the (hopeful) PS4 port of VIII has an entirely different trophy list. The PC version has some more varied achievements than VII, but they're still not very good. Separate achievements for getting Quezacoatl and Shiva is just weird, and I don't like the "Keep Squall at level 7" trophy.

Not too bad,but I hate mini game trophies. I suck at minigames and Square is known for having frustrating ones. I'm looking at you Ice Cream Beat...

Apathy

You're correct.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Date_Mechanics

And getting Great Gospel isn't that difficult. From my most recent playthrough, pre-Temple of the Ancients:

8mdUGvP.jpg

EDIT: There should have been a trophy for killing the Midgar Zolom before leaving Junon. Though doing so and learning Beta makes the rest of Disc 1 easy mode.

Yeah is not hard just time consuming. You just have to give her the cover materia and keep her in a constant state of hyper to keep filling her limit.

Ugh...
Level 99.. Okay i can do it..
Aerith gospel? Argh....
Capped gold? How many creating hours of jar enemies in the last dungeon is this!
I mean play should be a challenge, but by the time you manage cap gold /cap level you can go to seph and dance on his bony ass :/

Holmes

I hope that the (hopeful) PS4 port of VIII has an entirely different trophy list. The PC version has some more varied achievements than VII, but they're still not very good. Separate achievements for getting Quezacoatl and Shiva is just weird, and I don't like the "Keep Squall at level 7" trophy.
Actually the "keep Squall at level 7" achievement is really interesting, at least on paper. I would like for it to stay. Easy to exploit, though.

Tabris

The Aeris trophy and level 99 are definitely grinds. the 99 million gil was just ridiculous.

Also I can't stand games that don't have progression based trophies.

Square Enix is bad for this, either not having them or them being worth only like 20% at most. I like getting a trophy at the end of "each chapter".

There should be trophies like:

"Escape the City"
"Losing a Friend"
"Truth Uncovered"

Oh...damn I've really started to forget FFVII that I can't clue together Disc 2 to 4. This is awesome. I am going on media blackout now as so much of this game will be fresh for me again!

The Aeris trophy and level 99 are definitely grinds. the 99 million gil was just ridiculous.

Also I can't stand games that don't have progression based trophies.

Square Enix is bad for this, either not having them or them being worth only like 20% at most. I like getting a trophy at the end of "each chapter".

There should be trophies like:

"Escape the City"
"Losing a Friend"
"Truth Uncovered"

Oh...damn I've really started to forget FFVII that I can't clue together Disc 2 to 4. This is awesome. I am going on media blackout now as so much of this game will be fresh for me again!

You can't clue disc 2 to 4 because there are only 3 discs =p

Zetta

Yeah is not hard just time consuming. You just have to give her the cover materia and keep her in a constant state of hyper to keep filling her limit.

Can also manipulate mobs to hit her specifically for the usage phase and then go to Mt Corel for kills or the area outside of Junon to kill those mobs that pop in 4s-5s. God I'm going to replay the hell out of this game.

Falk

that puzzling face
Ugh...
Level 99.. Okay i can do it..
Aerith gospel? Argh....
Capped gold? How many creating hours of jar enemies in the last dungeon is this!
I mean play should be a challenge, but by the time you manage cap gold /cap level you can go to seph and dance on his bony ass :/

Posted literally just last page that my first lv99 cheevo and capped gold cheevo were four hours apart.

Actually the "keep Squall at level 7" achievement is really interesting, at least on paper. I would like for it to stay. Easy to exploit, though.
I get it, but it's just the fact that I like keeping the death count at 0 for all characters in a single playthrough, especially the first on a different console, and I wouldn't want to play it twice in a row. Assuming that it even gets a PS4 release, of course. I'd save the challenge runs for a subsequent playthrough, although "challenge" is hardly the word, given that the last one that I did was a Squall solo playthrough (playing as Zell solo for every moment that Squall was unavailable) and the way the enemy level and the crisis system worked it was the easiest playthrough I've ever had of the game.

Falk

that puzzling face
I get it, but it's just the fact that I like keeping the death count at 0 for all characters in a single playthrough, especially the first on a different console, and I wouldn't want to play it twice in a row. Assuming that it even gets a PS4 release, of course. I'd save the challenge runs for a subsequent playthrough, although "challenge" is hardly the word, given that the last one that I did was a Squall solo playthrough (playing as Zell solo for every moment that Squall was unavailable) and the way the enemy level and the crisis system worked it was the easiest playthrough I've ever had of the game.

I'm seeing that cheevo as someone really understanding the game (broken as it is) rather than a challenge mode.

Multiple playthroughs suck though.

Top Bottom