• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII (PC port) PS4 trophy list

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Aren't most people convinced of this, or did something happen that made that less likely and I missed it?

I thought so as well, but there have been some people saying that CC2 is not good enough to be apart of the remake effort, SE would want to do it 100% in house because its FF7 and their most hyped FF ect

I don't really think any of that holds personally. CC2 is a very capable studio even in the realm of AAA gaming, and is the very definition of production values.

I thought so as well, but there have been some people saying that CC2 is not good enough to be apart of the remake effort, SE would want to do it 100% in house because its FF7 and their most hyped FF ect

I don't really think any of that holds personally. CC2 is a very capable studio even in the realm of AAA gaming, and is the very definition of production values.

Really? I agree with you. I think they are capable and if it's co-developed with SE staff still involved, I don't think saying, "FFVII too special, it needs to be done completely in-house" is a fair thing to say.

Heartfyre

I still wonder why this took a year to come out, because I'm not convinced that it took a year to make. Anyway, I'm glad the trophy list is better than the PC one. Wasn't there an achievement for mastering all materia? That's nightmarish.

Wiz

Did the iOS version make any changes that will be put in this game? And is it really going to have a new translation? That's big news if true.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Really? I agree with you. I think they are capable and if it's co-developed with SE staff still involved, I don't think saying, "FFVII too special, it needs to be done completely in-house" is a fair thing to say.

Well yeah, i thought it was common knowledge that a majority of the higher ups that worked on the original were still in charge...as long as they are there, i don't see any reason to think that the visionary intent would not get across.

CC2 are no strangers to RPG's, or cinematic story telling in general. I think it really has to do with people's aversion to outsourcing/collab, which in certain cases is justified, but i would not say so in the case of CC2 being the outsourcing studio.

I still wonder why this took a year to come out, because I'm not convinced that it took a year to make. Anyway, I'm glad the trophy list is better than the PC one. Wasn't there an achievement for mastering all materia? That's nightmarish.

Maybe it was just low on priority? It is after a very small effort, although i don't know how big retranslating text to be more accurate is for SE compared to a team like XSEED or NIS for example

This FFVII port is the PC version, not the PS1 edition.

I guess this is making people assume that the game must have a PC version for it to be ported over to PS4, which is probably untrue. I think it could happen.

I'm aware of the port being based on the PC version, but the PS4 is capable of emulation and is already confirmed to be getting PS2 games with newly added trophy support, so I don't see how something like FFIX would be unable to get the same treatment as well, unless the PS4 is just flat-out incapable of emulating PS1 games also, but that seems unlikely.

nemisis0

Wish there was one for breeding all chocobo colours and one to obtain all ultimate weopons but the list looks good enough for me can't wait to platinum it.

jett

D-Member
Kind of meh list. I would've platinum'd this game already if PS1 games had trophies back in the day, except for the gil trophy, maybe. Don't really remember if I ever got that much money. :p

Otaku Coder

Neo Member
Maybe I'm missing something, but what has the PC got to do with anything in terms of a PS4 port of IX?

It's assumed (though never really been confirmed AFAIK) that Square lost the source code to the PS1 versions of 7/8/9 at some point, leaving them with 7 and 8 on PC.

It wouldn't surprise me - they also lost the code for Kigndom Hearts: Final Mix and had to reverse-engineer a load of it from a retail copy when doing the remaster.

kevin1025

Banned
Not to turn the topic in a bad direction or anything, but what does everything think the game will cost? What did you wish it would cost?

Not to turn the topic in a bad direction or anything, but what does everything think the game will cost? What did you wish it would cost?

I want £7.99, but expecting £14.99...

They'd be wise to offer a discount for release, as it'd cause more people to hop on it.

Roxas

I want £7.99, but expecting £14.99...

They'd be wise to offer a discount for release, as it'd cause more people to hop on it.

I think it may have been confirmed as $14.99/£11.99

Also thank christ that trophy list is alot easier than the steam version.

antitrop

Don't know if you've ever played FF7 but I don't think that's a tough list from a gaming skill standpoint. Some of those are just a bit grindy is all.
It's been my favorite game ever made since 1998. :)

I've lost count of how many times I've played it.

I'm going to Plat this shit out of sheer respect for the game, even if I don't love grinding.

DMNBT

Neo Member
I wonder if this will include languages other than english...and if they'd bother to retranslate those too, the current official spanish translation is beyond horrible.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
This isn't the winter FF7 news I wanted ta hear >_>

Surprised this is still coming and not been quietly dropped. Announce year ago, silence until e3, silence until now an all.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
It's been my favorite game ever made since 1998. :)

I've lost count of how many times I've played it.

I'm going to Plat this shit out of sheer respect for the game, even if I don't love grinding.

<3

I'm not planning on pursuing trophies (not really my scene) but this is my favorite game too -- for just as long. It's incredible.

Zukuu

Banned
I gotta say, I'm not much into achievements, but I got the platinum for NieR, just out of appreciation. FF 7 is my #1 game together with NieR, so these kinda want me to play the game again. I have played and finished it SO often already, tho, I had myself to stop playing it every damn year and said "I only play it again, if it's a remake". Since that is on the horizon now I'm kinda torn. D:

Falk

that puzzling face
What a lazy trophy design, so boring.

Was the item dupe glitch present on the PC versions? I doubt they'd remove it for PS4.

Magic pot/All Materia to the cap really didn't take that long at all
by JRPG cheevo standards

edit: From my steam cheevo page

jlLlp8y.png

4 hours between first 99 and getting the cap. Granted, that's 4 hours doing the same thing over and over, but like I said, that's hardly the worst JRPG-related trophy.

Zophar

Getting master summon is work enough.

IIRC Master Summon is a reward for killing Emerald Weapon, which in itself isn't that terrible. Was able to do it when I was 15 years old.

Truthfully the most difficult thing for me would be going through all the bullshit of breeding a Gold Chocobo to make either Weapon fight manageable.

IIRC Master Summon is a reward for killing Emerald Weapon, which in itself isn't that terrible. Was able to do it when I was 15 years old.

Truthfully the most difficult thing for me would be going through all the bullshit of breeding a Gold Chocobo to make either Weapon fight manageable.

Yes you are correct, forgot about that. You can get master summon by grinding the summon materias too.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Maku from Nova Crystallis said we will be getting some news soon.
Hurrah! Can't wait!

Yes you are correct, forgot about that. You can get master summon by grinding the summon materias too.
I did both in my playthrough this year! Got a few master summons cause why not. Playtime was only about 53 hours to.

Now if W-Item glitch wasn't a thing and I had to Morph certain baddies for Elixers... lets not think about that.

Fisty

Love that list, but kind of annoyed ill have to grind limits with Aeris. Besides the fact GG is pretty much useless... i mean you dont even get to use it when it would be useful

Zetta

The only ones that will be a pain will be getting great Gospel and dating barret. You'll need to plan ahead.

Truth be told if these are the toughest one then this is really an easy platinum. I'm actually more excited at doing another run at FF7.

t26

Well if you are grinding to level 99 you can beat Emerald Weapon without KOTR

Fisty

Well if you are grinding to level 99 you can beat Emerald Weapon without KOTR

Yeah but its practically auto-battle when you have KOTR+HP absorb with W-Summon, 3 Mimes and the Underwater materia.

Will the W-Item glitch still be in? Dont know if it was in the PC release

Elatreus

Banned
Totally forgot this is coming out.
I bought this on steam when it was released, but only played it for 5 minutes then stopped. It just didn't feel right playing it on a computer.
Will definitely aim for that platinum!

Son Of D

Yeah but its practically auto-battle when you have KOTR+HP absorb with W-Summon, 3 Mimes and the Underwater materia.

Will the W-Item glitch still be in? Dont know if it was in the PC release

I believe it's still in the Steam version (as well as the Yuffie warp glitch). However if this version is being re-translated then I won't be surprised if glitches are fixed.

Shahed

Yeah now that I think about it there's no way I'm getting Barret trophy first time around. I'll just leave a save file after the events of Kalm or Junon, and then reload after doing everything else. I'd rather just play the game normally the way I like it, usually ending up with Tifa and sometimes Aeris as the date. Great Gospel is something I usually get anyway so that's not a problem.

It's going to be weird playing this game with trophies in mind, but it'll give me an excuse to finally try and get stuff I normally don't ever do.

It's going to be weird playing this game with trophies in mind, but it'll give me an excuse to finally try and get stuff I normally don't ever do.

The trophies that do that (especially for re-releases) tend to be pretty great. Glad they didn't phone these trophies in like they could've potentially done.

Top Bottom