• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII (PC port) PS4 trophy list

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Why is there a Gold trophy for Diamond Weapon when it's a mandatory story battle and not Ultima?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
It certainly won't be a looker. The visuals have aged terribly.

Yeah, the biggest issue is the pre-rendered backgrounds at 320x240.
Great at the time, horrible now.

Jolkien

Why is there a Gold trophy for Diamond Weapon when it's a mandatory story battle and not Ultima?

Ultima is missable but not really, anybody will encounter him he is super easy to find. Both are equally easy, really odd that they are gold trophy.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I don't know when this will be the released, but the PC release thread was one of the best threads that I've ever participated in on GAF. I haven't played the game since, so expect me to go berserk on this completion as well.

I can't believe FFVII Remake has been announced between the PC and PS4 release.

I still can't believe it.

Final "progression" post in the other thread... I was so damn sentimental. I hope it becomes the same with this release!

paJ7fy3.jpg

Given how bland the achievements were for the PC version I assumed that these would be the same, but that these would be the same, but it's actually fairly good. Missable trophies in a long RPG is a big nono though, but I'll get them anyway. Day one purchase.

Credit to anyone who gets the failure trophy before the first blood one too.

Doesn't this version have a cheat menu built in?

So level 99 etc would be a piece of piddle?

I don't have another 100 hours to spend on a game I've spent several hundred on already, otherwise I'd aim for plat.

funkypie

Banned
It's far too early for gameplay footage of the remake. Even next year is overly optimistic. My guess is that Squeenix will lift the veil in 2017 and the game will be delayed into 2018, prompting rumours that it's moved from the PS4 to PS5. Come to think of it, if PS4's successor is to share the same vague technical constitution (AMD x86 CPU + AMD GPU) and slated for launch in 2018, then I'd say there's actually a good chance of Sony repositioning FF7R as a launch title if Squeenix can have at least six months with a relatively mature development kit.

Ps4 launched late 2013, you are deluded if you think ps5 is coming 2018.

That date with Barret trophy is about as missable as they get. You're only able to make that scenario happen through very select dialogue choices if memory serves. But the scene with Aeris and Cloud in the Golden Saucer carriage or whatever it is is too lovely a moment to forsake. No platinum for me I guess.

Shahed

The only awkward one I can think of is the Barret trophy. The other's I could get along the way. Maybe the G Bike as well.

Abylim

I don't know when this will be the released, but the PC release thread was one of the best threads that I've ever participated in on GAF. I haven't played the game since, so expect me to go berserk on this completion as well.

I can't believe FFVII Remake has been announced between the PC and PS4 release.

I still can't believe it.

Final "progression" post in the other thread... I was so damn sentimental. I hope it becomes the same with this release!

I feel the same way. Through out my entire time posting on the glorious interwebs, everyone seems to mock me for loving FF7. I dont care. I played it during a rough time in my life. It was nowhere near my first RPG but it holds a special spot in my heart.

I cant wait to play it again! And then again for the remake. What a time to be a live!

Embarrassing side note : Jenova theme is and has been my phone ring tone since I owned a phone capable of having a custom ring tone, and the FF7 victory fanfare as my text tone.

Are trophies the selling point of this version? I'm not so sure I want this as I'm happy with the PS1 original but are there any other benefits like loading times or anything?

FranXico

Are trophies the selling point of this version? I'm not so sure I want this as I'm happy with the PS1 original but are there any other benefits like loading times or anything?

The PC port had a few minor graphical improvements, but this game aged terribly graphically, so there's only so much you can do about that.

Banzai

Very doable if the W-item glitch is still a thing. Made grinding a joke.
I'll probably stream the game to my vita.

I really wonder how this will work out on my 46 inch screen. The high resolution characters already clashed with the pixely backdrops on my pc-monitor-which is considerable smaller.

Would be great if the PS4-port took so long because they redrew the backgrounds. But that's probably wishful thinking...

Necro900

Great at the time, horrible now.

I think they'll at least add some filtering to smoothen them out. Will the 3D models be upscaled to 1080p though? How is the PC port doing in this compartment?

I'm trying to remember from playing the steam version earlier this year. I *think* you have to use them to get the trophy.

A little grindy for the platinum. And i am a little bit upset that they put some missable trophies in there but oh well.

Im getting this plat. And i want trophies for FF8 and FF9.

adz2ka

I hope this is released before Christmas. So in the mood to play it on the big screen when I've time off work to relax

I can see VIII happening (and I really hope it does, hopefully with a shorter turnaround) but IX never got a PC port so the chances of that are slim to none. I'd kill for a remake though.

Maybe I'm missing something, but what has the PC got to do with anything in terms of a PS4 port of IX?

I guess it's safe to assume they will release FF VII on Ps4 during the PSX, which means they will talk about FF VII remake at the conference. I mean, they won't talk only about this port again, I hope lol

Liamc723

Maybe I'm missing something, but what has the PC got to do with anything in terms of a PS4 port of IX?

This FFVII port is the PC version, not the PS1 edition.

I guess this is making people assume that the game must have a PC version for it to be ported over to PS4, which is probably untrue. I think it could happen.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Yeah, i'm guessing it'll be stealth launched during PSX and then FF7R news.

Also, i'm still pretty convinced that CC2 has a hand(minor or major) in FF7R, and i'm sticking to that

Yeah, i'm guessing it'll be stealth launched during PSX and then FF7R news.

Also, i'm still pretty convinced that CC2 has a hand(minor or major) in FF7R, and i'm sticking to that

Aren't most people convinced of this, or did something happen that made that less likely and I missed it?

Top Bottom