• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X PS4 "Return to Spira" trailer

orochi91

The option to switch to the OG soundtrack makes this worth it, because FUCK whatever that shit was that they did to it in the previous Remaster iteration.

I wanted to rage at how bad it was.

Yea they nerfed People of the North/Mt. Gagazet theme pretty hard in the PS3 remaster.

Fisty

The option to switch to the OG soundtrack makes this worth it, because FUCK whatever that shit was that they did to it in the previous Remaster iteration.

I wanted to rage at how bad it was.

Never fuck with Nobou's music. I was highly disappointed as well. If that FF7 port does ANYTHING to gamings greatest OST... hoooo boy hell hath no fury

If the plot resembles
that audio
in any way shape or form....

1a4.jpg

Making it like that audio is the only way that game would be good.

Anyway, yeah, not really interested despite loving FFX...

It looks pretty good though.

Never fuck with Nobou's music. I was highly disappointed as well. If that FF7 port does ANYTHING to gamings greatest OST... hoooo boy hell hath no fury

FFX wasn't Nobuo's music...

Edit: My bad. I thought he only did a few of the tracks. This is why people throw seagulls and blitzballs at me.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda offtopic, but is the PSP version of IV the ultimate edition?

There's no agreed upon definitive version of IV. The Psp version looks good but the game is too easy. The After Years is fun but not the best sequel. Lots of recycling in both content and plot.

Personally prefer the DS version for its gameplay and difficulty but some might find the graphics a problem

MBS

Banned
So, a PS2 game remastered for PS3, then re-remastered for PS4. This is NOT for the players.

Lothar

Banned
Are the faces any better than the PS3 version?

I'm still getting this either way. Easily the best FF. The only FF that got everything right.

Yuna is the new Lightning confirmed.
I'm okay with that.

FFX wasn't Nobou's music...

*Ahem*
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_Final_Fantasy_X said:
2. "Zanarkand" Nobuo Uematsu 3:05
3. "Prelude" Uematsu 3:44
4. "Tidus's Theme" Uematsu 3:34
5. "Otherworld" Uematsu 3:15
9. "Battle Theme" Uematsu 3:22
10. "Victory Fanfare" Uematsu 1:35
11. "Game Over" Uematsu 0:34
12. "Out of the Frying Pan" - Uematsu 3:07
15. "Oui Are Al Bhed" Uematsu 3:24
17. "The Blitzers" Uematsu 3:53
19. "Spira Unplugged" (スピラの情景 Supira no Jōkei) Uematsu, Hamauzu 2:49
20. "Hymn of the Fayth" (祈りの歌 Inori no Uta) Uematsu, Hamauzu 0:44
22. "The Trials" (試練の間 Shiren no Ma) Uematsu 3:34
23. "Hymn of the Fayth ~ Valefor Uematsu, Hamauzu 0:42
25. "Braska's Daughter" (大召喚士の娘 Daishōkanshi no Musume) Uematsu 3:46
26. "Goodnight" (おやすみ Oyasumi) Uematsu 0:08
Shall I go on?

Z3M0G

If the plot resembles
that audio
in any way shape or form....

1a4.jpg

Making it like that audio is the only way that game would be good.

Anyway, yeah, not really interested despite loving FFX...

It looks pretty good though.

I'm just wondering if it is realistic to still expect it at this point... Perhaps if we see something at E3 this year, otherwise I'd say it isn't going to happen...

Makes me worry about
Type-1
as well...

_woLf

Still salty as hell about this being announced after everyone bought the PS3/Vita one.

Will wait for it to be $10.

So, a PS2 game remastered for PS3, then re-remastered for PS4. This is NOT for the players.

yep. vita version > all others. for shame, se!...

(unless, of course the profits from this are going to be directly invested in a remastered version of ffxii :) )...

I'm just wondering if it is realistic to still expect it at this point... Perhaps if we see something at E3 this year, otherwise I'd say it isn't going to happen...

Makes me worry about
Type-1
as well...

I don't know, every time I see someone talking about it I think they're joking. I doubt they'd do a FFX-3 after so much time has passed since X/X-2...

But I suppose it's a possibility.

And
Type-1 was never in production, that's just what Tabata wants to make after XV.

Also, X-2 has a way better battle system, everyone should play it.

Only ever played basic X, and loved it, never X2. It's probably time to fix that.

It would seem that most people would say that you're one of the lucky ones.
Most people hate FFX-2, and love FFX.
Though maybe you'll like it. I know one person who hates FFX, but loves FFX-2.

One-Shot

Banned
It would seem that most people would say that you're one of the lucky ones.
Most people hate FFX-2, and love FFX.
Though maybe you'll like it. I know one person who hates FFX, but loves FFX-2.

X-2 is campy, but still a great game if you can get past that.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yes it was. He was one of the three working on it, if the Wiki is anything to go by.

Wiki is accurate, or this if you prefer:

http://vgmdb.net/album/8

Oftentimes the composer isn't the one that produces the final result as it's played back on the console sound chip. Uematsu's FFX stuff, as it ultimately sounds in the game was very likely in large part by whoever is credited as synthesizer programmer (games from that era are largely Kawamori, Noda, Yamazaki, etc.) with the composer overseeing.

That's also exactly the case with the HD remaster soundtrack - synth programmer redoing the tracks under the direct supervision of the original composer and Square Enix audio lead for the project, except now in streaming formats rather than the limitations of the PS2 sound chip.

As far as I'm aware, the exact same people were involved in the HD remaster soundtrack.

Hence, while opinions as to what's better are legitimate (that's how opinions work) it's not completely accurate to say "don't mess with Nobuo's stuff" when referring to the original sound - it's more accurate to say "don't mess with <synthesizer programmer's>'s stuff", and even then it was largely the same people.

As to which is better, or the thought processes and should-have-beens on the entire deal, I've said my fill more than enough times in previous FFX PS3 and PS4 threads so I'm not inclined to dive in yet again for yet another rehashed discussion.

ShogunX

I've been happy enough just emulating my PS2 version of FFX at 6x native for a few years but the added content, textures and monsters are going to be enough for me to buy the PS4 version.

orochi91

I will literally buy 12 copies of a HD International Zodiac remaster if it ever happens.

Truth.

FF12 is the best FF game from the SE golden age.

I've been happy enough just emulating my PS2 version of FFX at 6x native for a few years but the added content, textures and monsters are going to be enough for me to buy the PS4 version.

I wanna give this remaster a shot, but I've played FFX so many times now.

If it had JP audio then I would be hyped, since it would change the experience a bit :/

If only they had included dual audio with this release, it would've eliminated my one big issue with FFX. I mean, what possible reason could there be for Squeenix to not give players the option?

I love the game man, I just wish I didn't have to endure western Tidus anymore.

Well for the PS3/vita versions it was because of space issues on the Vita version and they wanted to keep the versions the same. No idea why there isn't dual audio on PS4 though.

ShogunX

Truth.

FF12 is the best FF game from the SE golden age.

I wanna give this remaster a shot, but I've played FFX so many times now.

If it had JP audio then I would be hyped, since it would change the experience a bit :/

Might be worth getting the re-master and going all out by beating the ten optional Dark Aeon battles, beat Penance, obtain all the celestial weapons ect ect

Basically make it your last play through for a long time and see everything in the process.

androvsky

I wonder if there is something about 12 that makes it harder to remaster.

It hasn't been remastered for a modern platform within the last couple of years, X and X-2 have. X and X-2 originally took three years to come out after announcement, an eternity in the realm of remasters. It's unlikely SE would've put a ton of resources into XII before X and X-2 were done, so they wouldn't have really started until last year.

Top Bottom