• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X PS4 "Return to Spira" trailer

le.phat

This remaster business is going to get run into the ground. Then all chances for games that actually benefit, or deserve a remaster will be forever bound to their rough original form.
Yes, this post is about demon's souls.

Mar Nosso

Banned
May XV be a return to the fantastic FF's such as X. That trailer gave me chills even though this is a game I played and completed when it came out in 2001/2002.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Say it with me SE:

1440p downsampling. 1440p DOWNSAMPLING!!!! Plus SMAA!

Also, while your at it, fix Tidus's face, he looked like a loon in the PS3 version. And Yuna's too.

How come everyone else except the two mainest characters looked fine?

orochi91

The website doesn't say anything about a steel book for the JP version...

Correct, it seems only PAL regions get that steel book.

Might be worth getting the re-master and going all out by beating the ten optional Dark Aeon battles, beat Penance, obtain all the celestial weapons ect ect

Basically make it your last play through for a long time and see everything in the process.

Good point, since I've yet to play the international content.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Also...didn't we just have a huge conversation about hours of playtime to cost ratio? These games will give you plenty of playtime...now all we need is the KH collections and DQ8 on PS4....

8byte

Banned
So I assume this remaster has done well for them? Why no DQ8 or FFXII? Surely those wouldn't be that hard to remaster (particularly DQ8, which I don't think had CG cutscenes?).

Nocturno999

No 60 FPS in a PS2 game for $50? Pre-order just cancelled. Don't come with "60 FPS is not necessary" please.
I'll just play my old copy in PCSX2

Fisty

Wasn't there loads of internal debate?

Everyone was extremely dissatisfied with Matsuno's direction iirc. And Matsuno probably didnt like having to change the main character. I think they didnt even really finish it. I think its one of the best FFs, as its alot different than the others and a bit more Shakespearean. Its a great change of pace for the series.

So I assume this remaster has done well for them? Why no DQ8 or FFXII? Surely those wouldn't be that hard to remaster (particularly DQ8, which I don't think had CG cutscenes?).

Didn't FFX's remaster take like, years to complete? Specially since SE remasters everything in the game...

I don't doubt DQ and FFXII are being remastered, they just take a while to be done.

Vashetti

Banned
The Vita version is the worst of the HD versions.

Suspend/Resume, portability and quick-healing via swiping automatically makes it better than the PS3 version.

The PS3 version is soon to be made obsolete, the perfect combo for this game is Vita and PS4.

W.S.

Everyone was extremely dissatisfied with Matsuno's direction iirc. And Matsuno probably didnt like having to change the main character. I think they didnt even really finish it. I think its one of the best FFs, as its alot different than the others and a bit more Shakespearean. Its a great change of pace for the series.

It was my favorite FF of that era which made all of that disappointing to hear. I do hope they get around to remastering 12, it'd be annoying if they got really selective about it and left money on the table due to a grudge.

Trogdor1123

Just checking here, this is different than the PS3/Vita version? I don't see the point of remastering a supposedly HD remaster...

Is gameplay going to be 60FPS? I understand the cinemas not being.

For some reason I am tempted by this... as long as I don't have to play blitz ball. Its the worst mini game ever.

Fisty

No 60 FPS in a PS2 game for $50? Pre-order just cancelled. Don't come with "60 FPS is not necessary" please.
I'll just play my old copy in PCSX2

You win the thread if you can explain how this game would benefit from 60fps, besides superficially.

The Vita version is the worst of the HD versions.

I dont remember being able to fight Master Tonberry while on the toilet with the ps3 version.

Also, i think the game looks better on vita, its alot closer to the original resolution so it doesnt seem as blown up imo.

Skux

You thought it was bad releasing the SNES games on PS1, PSP and Game Boy, SE are only getting started.

i got the vita version and lost interest after the spira blitzball game. Back in the day I really loved it on the PS2 and put almost 200 hours into it. This is not a game game, it is way too linear and it started a trend of linear FF games that all sucked IMO

KZObsessed

91CvU3Vbh%2BL._SL1500_.jpg

Pre-ordered. I'm a sucker for a steelbook.

SkylineRKR

Vita version was perfect. I would just suspend resume it. That alone made it so good. Within 3 seconds I was playing again.

I might go PS4 since it has cross save.

it's a rip off but it's the best game of all time, so i'll buy it again day 1.
games with the quality of FFX come out maybe every 5 years.

genjiZERO

I'd be interested since it's been a century since I last played it, but I'm JP audio on JRPGs these days. I wonder how much it would actually cost to release it with them.

Roldan

Return to Spira? I've been there enough times already. ffs SE.

edit: I guess that was port begging. Removed it :p

No dual audio is a big shame.

On the PS3 Japanese release they actually had the English subtitles hidden on the disc, only usable from a hacked PS3. It was comical.

The Hong Kong Version english/jap subs and english/jap audio
They could easily put this in they probably just figure only a minority would care for it, and they are correct.

Top Bottom