• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X PS4 "Return to Spira" trailer

As others have said hopefully if this sells well we will get XII remastered. I have always wanted to play it again as the battle system was one of the best before it went completely down hill and sold out to the action genre.

As others have said hopefully if this sells well we will get XII remastered. I have always wanted to play it again as the battle system was one of the best before it went completely down hill and sold out to the action genre.

Well, at the rate we are going though, we're probably going to see FFX-remastered-remastered-remastered on PS5.
Which wouldn't be the worst thing, but still.

Vashetti

Banned

I think Verendus has said XII HD is already in development. Don't quote me on that, it might have been someone else who said it, definitely a member on here though.

daveo42

Banned
What do you expect from a company that charges 80 bucks for an ff15 demo?

It barely gets a pass because Type-0 hadn't been released outside of Japan and it at least appears they did a ton of work on that. The XV was actually pretty good too. This is basically them recoding the game to run on a PS4 and then selling it as is after releasing both on the PS3 and Vita less than a year ago.

kind of OT, but there's this song that plays when (spoilers)
you fight some robot (?) at a mountain, and I think the party's plan ends up failing. The screen turns white and then you wake up in the mountain and begin walking around, does anyone know the name of that song?

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Suspend/Resume, portability and quick-healing via swiping automatically makes it better than the PS3 version.

The PS3 version is soon to be made obsolete, the perfect combo for this game is Vita and PS4.
My man.

Glad I only bought the vita game. However, is there cross save between vita and ps4? I'll be pissed if not.

I wish this was cross-buy, especially when they're charging $50 for it. I can remote play it, but it'd be nice to be able to play away from home and not have to worry about the connection. I'm tempted to get both versions, but I'm not paying $70 for FFX, so I guess I'll either go without the Vita version or wait for a price-drop.

funkypie

Banned
I have no faith that this will be nothing more a straight port of the PS3 version, will eat my own words if its 60fps .

Loved the remaster but that random encounter rate was far too high, could never go back to that, was painful.

Klossen

Banned
Skipped the remaster for Vita when I found out that Uematsu's chill-inducing score had been needlessly tampered with. Still, a great game. Playing this on PS2 did feel like a journey of its own.

Vashetti

Banned
I wonder if the Vita and PS3 versions need a patch for PS4 cross-save, a la Borderlands 2 recently for the HD collection.

Wonder if they could squeeze in other stuff with the patches.

mdzapeer

Why isnt this release multi-platform?

I already have the Remaster for PS3, would probably triple dip on a Steam version lol.

So I found out recently that my FFX disc has been missing for an unknown quantity of time.
I moved a few months back, and have just finally unpacked my PS2 and it's games.
I opened the FFX case and the disc was missing( and FFXII was completely gone...but that's a different story).

I didn't like 10 that much when it came out, and found it disappointing, comparing it to 6,7,8, and 9, all of which I loved. I didn't rebuy it on PS Vita a while back, simply because it wasn't one of my favorite games.

However, over 10 years later and now that I don't have the game, I'd be willing to give it a second try. My disc missing was a sign to rebuy the game...in HD. The option for OG soundtrack also is appealing.

So I just pre-ordered on Amazon. Can't wait. All I need now is a FFXII remake.

I also hated X-2 with a passion. So maybe I'll retry that, as well.

WolvenOne

Mmmm, naaaah.

Already have this on the Vita, and the visuals don't look good enough for me to justify spending another fifty dollars. Especially since I didn't particularly like FFX to begin with.

Sorry, I just wasn't that into it.

Shin-Ra

Looks like the screenshots were representative IQ-wise.

http://press.na.square-enix.com/products/910p233/return-to-spira-trailer (higher quality download)

Looks pretty good.

(requires AnimatedPNG compatible browser for animation)
FFX_PS4.png

I'll be picking this up for my first ever playthrough of FFX.

you're in for a treat bro, some of it is dated now, the VA isn't fantastic by todays standards. but the story, characters and gameplay will still wow you. Truly one of the finest games to ever exist.
I don't suppose they fixed Tidus' face?

I don't think so, it's the crappy ps3 model with drugged out looking eyes lol :(
That's the one area ps2 version is superior, the faces for tidus, wakka, yuna and seymour.

Heartfyre

They showed the sentence "Relive the story that defined a generation" way too close to showing off Final Fantasy X-2 footage.

Really, that sentence and that game should never share the same video.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Please SE...if you could just confirm that your downsampling from 1440p, we'd all not have to have our torches out

They showed the sentence "Relive the story that defined a generation" way too close to showing off Final Fantasy X-2 footage.

Really, that sentence and that game should never share the same video.

FFX = "Relive the story that defined a generation"
FFX-2 = "relive, Oh poopy"

Top Bottom