• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Oh dear. My screenshots are really compressed.

Is there a good place for me to upload bigger .png images?
minus.com is fairly standard but their layout is getting more annoying and are starting to have some loading issues.

abload.de is a faithful yet clunky alternative

I'm sure there are others but I'm too lazy to look them up.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Man Perfo...
come on man.
Most PC ports ever made have resolution options.

Let's not forget the game heavely uses pre-rendered backgrounds that I do not think are rendered at an higher resoluton than 720p. Does that not constitute a problem when you mess with the resolution of a porting?

Oh, I forgot about Minus! Thanks! I love that cute icon, it's a pretty site.
io0mFiVdwqdl3.png
This should be better.

Hasney

My housemate bought this.... After booting up family sharing, I thing the "not buying it" isn't a catch-22 but for the best to make sure gutter trash like this doesn't come on Steam again. I'd rather never see a SE game on Steam again than see this do well.

Grief.exe

Looks like you're using a keyboard, the game constantly checks for a controller which causes those stutters. Didn't know about it til someone pointed it out on the steam forums since I always had my X360 controller connected.

I actually tested it and yep.. Once I started the game with my controller unplugged, I got those same stutters.

To be fair, Square put Xinput controller right in the recommend settings.

Don't say they didn't warn you.

Oh, hey, cool, there's HD versions of the old Logos for V13/VX and Agito/T0 in here!

sIkR1NG.png

bgAGSk8.png

mFWmeoL.png

eAVk7oS.png

Hey, that's pretty cool, I wonder what els-

BUH-WHAAAAHHH??!

HU7BNhb.png

Couldn't Be....

Could it?

Must research further.

Grief.exe

Oh, I forgot about Minus! Thanks! I love that cute icon, it's a pretty site.

This should be better.

That's a great shot!

My housemate bought this.... After booting up family sharing, I thing the "not buying it" isn't a catch-22 but for the best to make sure gutter trash like this doesn't come on Steam again. I'd rather never see a SE game on Steam again than see this do well.

A little late for that, game has already done extremely well.

Sanpunkan

Pretty sure those are images used in the FFXIII demo. I remember it having a trailer selection for Versus and Agito as well. Nothing to see here...

Koozek

Oh, hey, cool, there's HD versions of the old Logos for V13/VX and Agito/T0 in here!

sIkR1NG.png

bgAGSk8.png

mFWmeoL.png

eAVk7oS.png

Hey, that's pretty cool, I wonder what els-

BUH-WHAAAAHHH??!

HU7BNhb.png

Couldn't Be....

Could it?

Must research further.

Whoa, that's cool! So they might have thought about including a demo of Versus back then (EDIT: Oh, just saw the post above - so it's nothing). Btw, someone found that demo image before, plus many more unused/beta stuff from the console versions here:
http://jul.rustedlogic.net/thread.php?id=17075

Knurek

To the person who extracted SCDs earlier - is the music still low-bitrate MP3s?
I think the X360/PS3 versions used CBR 128kbit.
With a complete OST, nothing should prevent a community-based 320kbit patch.

Anteater

man this game is pretty as fuck

I'm ok with playing at 30fps cap so far, although there are some weird stuttering here and there (despite being at 30fps) and when loading certain areas (probably because I'm downsampling from too high but meh, i can live with that), I like what I'm playing and the pretty parts are pretty, it's just that at this state it's like I'm playing a beta version.

Tizoc

^Yeah I saw those images, but what i'd like to do is have like max CP from the start of the 2nd prologue for example.
Seeing the Lvl. 20 ATB is interesting as it seems the ATB gauge, during development could've extended that far.

artsi

^Yeah I saw those images, but what i'd like to do is have like max CP from the start of the 2nd prologue for example.
Seeing the Lvl. 20 ATB is interesting as it seems the ATB gauge, during development could've extended that far.

Yeah that's certainly possible. Max CP, unlimited gil... you can edit any value that's in the process memory.

I haven't played the game so far yet, I was just testing yesterday, but I'll try to unlock the whole crystarium when it opens up. I've always hated that they're limiting leveling up.

Tizoc

Yeah that's certainly possible. Max CP, unlimited gil... you can edit any value that's in the process memory.

I haven't played the game so far yet, I was just testing yesterday, but I'll try to unlock the whole crystarium when it opens up. I've always hated that they're limiting leveling up.

Once you figure how to edit a save file to have max gil/all items and max CP (999,999), PM me on how to do that. I've played this game enough times to the point I don't mind messing around with it like that hehe.

Lain

To the person who extracted SCDs earlier - is the music still low-bitrate MP3s?
I think the X360/PS3 versions used CBR 128kbit.
With a complete OST, nothing should prevent a community-based 320kbit patch.

That would be nice. I have my OSTs for all 3 games already ripped as FLAC.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
why does this shit always happen to me when big games comes out...

constant shivering, head dizzy, stomach acting like an ass and feeling sick..

Every. Fucking. Time.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I hate Hope and wish he would die a painful death 5 minutes into the game.
If you knew the lore and what Hope does in the 'future', then you'll regret those words :lol

Tizoc

why does this shit always happen to me when big games comes out...

constant shivering, head dizzy, stomach acting like an ass and feeling sick..

Every. Fucking. Time.

Go eat some honey.
Like real organic honey, with yogurt, actual healthy yogurt.
You'll feel good.

sueil

If you knew the lore and what Hope does in the 'future', then you'll regret those words :lol

Nothing he can do can make him a good character. If he is important to the story then the story should have been something different. I can't wait to never use him again.

Yoshichan

Nothing he can do can make him a good character. If he is important to the story then the story should have been something different. I can't wait to never use him again.
He's also a godlike character in battles!

ConceptX

With the way her hair looks, it definitely is not paradise.

I am not surprised at all that the PC version is a shitty port.

Also it's to my understanding the game is a 50GB download,even with those mega compressed videos?

What a joke.

It's because it also has all the Japanese FMV's for Japanese audio lipsync, it should of been an optional download/dlc really.

I'm okay with the port to be honest, it's perfectly playable, and I don't feel robbed of £9 in the slightest.

Lower than PS3 quality FMV's really disappointed me though, that's for sure.

Resolution options is all I really want/care about right now, I think some of the reviews are unfair on expecting a wealth of options and settings, though of course it missed some of the basics, the more indepth options shouldn't of really been expected by anyone, no FF game has any real graphic options on PC, just resolutions and basics.

I don't think SE will let this amount of negative feedback slide and almost certainly patch some things, eventually, but even then I would only expect the basics, which is all it really needs. Just checked the other ports and all are currently "Very Positive", don't think they want a stain future releases.

Does SE not have a twitter that will reply to concerns like this or something?

Edit: I wouldn't mind vibration too.

Phaezyk

I was fine with it as it was released before the resolution fix but to me its unplayable due to this annoying split second freezing it does every second or so. I've heard about the controller thing fixing it but... I have a controller plugged in. In fact I tried several different Xbox 360 controllers and having any of them plugged in did not fix it for me. This kinda stinks.

Levyne

Banned
There must be something wrong going on there.
Mine is working great and i haven't had any problems yet.

It's a result of trying to force some AA through his drivers, he either has or is trying to figure out how to do it without that effect occuring. I'm looking forward to the "act like I'm 5" explanation to get some good AA without eyeliner cast, hehe.

kick51

Banned
$10 isn't so bad. i mean, there are people who are buy assassin's creed special editions for $100 every single year (or is it twice a year at this point) and $60 8 hour campaigns.

i love how the S-E promo email from yesterday doesn't even mention this game...it's pushing the Dragon Quest 2 mobile port. They released the first mainline non-mmo Final Fantasy entry in years on PC and just didn't even bother to promote it.

ConceptX

$10 isn't so bad. i mean, there are people who are buy assassin's creed special editions for $100 every single year (or is it twice a year at this point) and $60 8 hour campaigns.

i love how the S-E promo email from yesterday doesn't even mention this game...it's pushing the Dragon Quest 2 mobile port. They released the first mainline non-mmo Final Fantasy entry in years on PC and just didn't even bother to promote it.

It wouldn't surprise me if they had no plans to release it on Steam until the very last minute as a result of Dive In, it wouldn't surprise if it someone just mentioned it around the office and management went "Oh yeah we could do that actually" etc.

Hence why it's not the greatest port, though I had hope that in the 3ish weeks of pre-order they would of noticed the seemingly good sales and then put a couple days into cleaning it up, sadly not. < That is what surprises me/lets me down more.

Top Bottom