• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XV - A King's Tale announced

Mythos

Because Gamestop used that exclusive sale money. Then square will pawn it off as DLC for money on the console stores. Then include it for free for the definitive versions for Neo/Scorpio/PC

I don't mind paying for it, but i don't shop at gamestop and never will. As long as it comes on psn, then it's okay.

Zomba13

Soo... You're telling me I don't get this even though I've preordered the stupid expensive thirsty idiot version exclusively from the SE store?

To those listening to the SE live stream, what soundtrack are they playing? Like I need it on my phone now. The vocals are amazing

mao2

How so?

It's intended to be an arcade-like game. It's a small game. I think it looks good considering what it is.

Sucks to be a GameStop exclusive though...
The art is horrible IMO. It may be a small game, but I expect more since it has "Final Fantasy XV" on its title. Square Enix have way better 2D art in recent games such as Final Fantasy Brave Exvius.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Very cute idea, hopefully it's also a good little game. A 2d videogame by S-E? Call me interested :p

DPtheGod

I doubt this will remain GameStop exclusive. And, even if it does, all this means is GameStop got involved and helped fund something. They did state quite some time ago they were going to get involved in big game releases somehow to secure exclusive pre-order content.

Neverfade

lwiGjD8.gif

Nearly perfect. Just needs more fire.

SoulUnison

Banned
It's retailer exclusive and comes out the same day as the game everybody's been waiting 10 years for?
What exactly is the expectation for this?

It should be something coming comfortably in advance of the game, to set the stage.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Gamestop exclusive is total nonsense.

Young Regis does look pretty cool from what his sprite looks like, though

OmegaDL50

This will tide us over when XV is delayed again.

When was FFXV delayed a first time?

XV has never been delayed and I really don't think they'll delay it even though they really need to.

Ah, I thought as such.

Where is the trailer?
DAY -0 , I just hope it's streets of rage good ya know?
How much btw?

Considering it looks like the character uses Swords, if it plays anything like Sengoku 3 or Capcom's D&D CPS2 games, that would be more than worthwhile.

The last time we got a action brawler from SE, we got the Bouncer, so maybe SE was smart enough to outsource it to dev that knows how to make 2D brawler games...I hope.

UberTag

Everything about this smells like a blatant attempt to prop up pre-review embargo Day 0 sales numbers with an exclusive, "can't get it any other way" tie-in developed at the last second with a budget that would make your typical mobile game laugh in embarrassment.

It's highly worrisome.

MilkBeard

So much negativity in the thread, stay classy y'all.

It looks cool but I doubt it's really anything special if it's exclusive to GameStop. Maybe SE will have another option to get it once the initial release date has passed.

Take a chill pill, y'all

RPGCrazied

Not even going to sell it later? I have no plans in dropping my Amazon order of the deluxe edition. Maybe everyone that preorders should get it for a limited time, then sell it after launch week or something.

I love FF, but not enough to cancel my order to shop at gamestop. Sorry.

Garlador

An exclusive game fleshing out the characters and world of a game some people have anticipated for over a decade, exclusive only to pre-orders at Gamestop, not even covered by the $300+ turbo elite ultimate exploitation edition of the game from Square's own website...

I know it won't be anything too substantial, but, seriously... that's pretty awful. Very anti-consumer. Do not approve.

Mcdohl

So much negativity in the thread, stay classy y'all.

It looks cool but I doubt it's really anything special if it's exclusive to GameStop. Maybe SE will have another option to get it once the initial release date has passed.

Take a chill pill, y'all

It's not a cancel my UCE type of thing, but it does feel like SE not going the extra mile for its fans who are already spending a big chunk of money.

This game is something fans would appreciate. This post pretty much sums up why there's negativity around the fact that it's a GameStop exclusive:

An exclusive game fleshing out the characters and world of a game some people have anticipated for over a decade, exclusive only to pre-orders at Gamestop, not even covered by the $300+ turbo elite ultimate exploitation edition of the game from Square's own website...

I know it won't be anything too substantial, but, seriously... that's pretty awful. Very anti-consumer. Do not approve.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
This game looks so awesome. I can't believe though that who buys from the S-E Store doesn't get it -.-'

Lucreto

This is the first I am hearing about this game.

Now the important question, who has it exclusive in Europe?

Edit: Should have guessed GAME exclusive

Top Bottom