• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV aiming for 60FPS/1080p on PS4 Pro | UP - dated Feb 21st

Jashobeam

Finally! This is what I was waiting to hear, glad we finally got official confirmation on this. I just hope the 1080p is supersampled as well.

artsi

My Pro is ready! Just picked it up.

7PukmN6.jpg

I hope the demo tomorrow will support it.

Is there a highest graphic settings possible at PS4 Pro at 1080p and locked 30fps option instead?

I never get people who play games at fluctuating framerates. Stable 30fps > fluctuating 30-60fps every time.

Fbh

If it's at least close to 60fps then that's really impressive. If not, 4K 30fps should at least look nice.

Damn, had already decided not to get a pro but this is kinda giving me the itch to get one.

Tyaren

I would have preferred a 1080p, 30 fps all graphical bells and whistles mode... :( The game already plays perfectly fine in 30fps.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I would have preferred a 1080p, 30 fps all graphical bells and whistles mode... :( The game already plays perfectly fine in 30fps.

Tabata said that could come later. Either way, it's finally good to get some real details here.

Keyword here guys: 'Aiming'.

Whenever a developer says something like that, i find it concerning because it almost always never happens. Hopefully the PS4 Pro eliminates them concerns.

artsi

Keyword here guys: 'Aiming'.

Whenever a developer says something like that, i find it concerning because it almost always never happens. Hopefully the PS4 Pro eliminates them concerns.

Might not be locked 60fps, but I think it's already huge that the game will have a high FPS mode on Pro because many people have asked that.

So the 1080p version won't have a IQ upgrade?

No information on that, but for IQ improvements you could just play the 4K mode with downsampling to 1080p.

I was gonna build a pc after reading some reviews on the pro, looks like I'mma hold off and see what Squeenix can do. Pleeeeeeease be able to hit 60/1080, pleaaaaseee

Just announced on the stream. Also has 4k (non-native)/30fps mode.

Yessss!

I'll check out the faster framerate mode too but some kind of up rendered 4K mode like checkerboard or their own was what I was hoping for. Want this to look as good as possible.

Ravage

Was super bummed out after being told to wait till December for my Pro. Now i feel slightly better since it's unlikely for the patch to arrive day one anyway :)

hichanbis

Banned
I would prefer an option to set the game to a stable 30 fps with enhanced visuals and a better IQ.

60 fps for a solo rpg is a bonus but not essential to me.

Jazzem

Wow, major kudos to them if they pull it off, even if it's generally 50-60 that'll still be a massive improvement!

LAA

Awesome! Pro purchase justified by this alone already, ha ha, would have been happier with FFXV just being more stable and better IQ on Pro honestly, but this is what I really wanted originally, but doubted it. Hopefully it will be mostly 60fps, we'll see I guess.

Rodin

I hope that you can lock the frame to 30fps, otherwise it's probably almost as bad as on regular PS4. Downsampling is in at least, right?

jett

D-Member
I don't believe them at all. You bet your ass that "unlocked" framerate is going to be an absolute mess.

artsi

I don't believe them at all. You bet your ass that "unlocked" framerate is going to be an absolute mess.

You don't believe they're including the modes they announced? What?

Unlocked is unlocked, we know how that works. Not smooth 60fps but some still prefer it to 30fps with action based gameplay.

jett

D-Member
You don't believe they're including the modes they announced? What?

Unlocked is unlocked, we know how that works. Not smooth 60fps but some still prefer it to 30fps with action based gameplay.

Yes, that's what I said.

What indeed.

I mean there's no way they reach anything approaching 60fps.

Top Bottom