• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae 2.0 coming in May | Trailer at E3, more at Gamescom

ConceptX

Patch updates for a paid demo for a game 9 years in development and I wonder what happened to Japanese game development?

Free demo.

It's a free demo regardless of if you personally paid for Type-0 just for the XV demo.

Most of the patch is work that's already been done on internal builds, they said the camera was fixed internally right after the demo went out, I don't see a problem with the patch personally, it's not taking any real development time away from the game.

I'm surprised so many people are taking the possible patch negatively.

Free demo.

It's a free demo regardless of if you personally paid for Type-0 just for the XV demo.

Most of the patch is work that's already been done on internal builds, they said the camera was fixed internally right after the demo went out, I don't see a problem with the patch personally, it's not taking any real development time away from the game.

My negativity is more pointed to the 9 year production of this game and it's still technically a train wreck. Square made FF7-10 in 5 years on pretty much one team, what's happened since then?

My negativity is more pointed to the 9 year production of this game and it's still technically a train wreck. Square made FF7-10 in 5 years on pretty much one team, what's happened since then?

How is it still technically a train wreck? Not condescending, I'm just wondering what you mean by that.

Kikujiro

Free demo.

They are updating the demo for free and people still bitch, sometimes developers can't win whatever they do.

SPAW

eh, development was re-set not long ago. Lets give them the time they need to give us the game we want.

True Fire

The game was scrapped and started from scratch in 2012.

We also got 3 XIII games, 2 XIV games (3 if you count Heavensward), and presumably XV between 2010 and 2016, so it's still pretty much a game a year.

The game was scrapped and started from scratch in 2012.

We also got 3 XIII games, 2 XIV games (3 if you count Heavensward), and presumably XV between 2010 and 2016, so it's still pretty much a game a year.

You are right. It just hasn't been like the quality of old Square. Ff7-10 in the same time frame as FF 13 some sequels and a MMO...

You are right. It just hasn't been like the quality of old Square. Ff7-10 in the same time frame as FF 13 some sequels and a MMO...

Eh, no console-specific RPG developers have made the transition to HD unscathed. It's just a massive undertaking to make a big, hand-crafted, HD rpg. All such undertakings so far have made significant compromises to world or story scope.

Sure, SE has been in internal turmoil for the last few years, and made some bad decisions. But this stuff didn't come out of nowhere, it was prompted by industry changes and new related design challenges. Now there are some signs of the ship's being righted. Give them a few years and see how things shake out before writing the epitaph.

Godcannon

I don't know how to send them feedback, but it's kind of shit that the party is all dressed in black. Would be nice to see them in different color tones and styles.

Couldn't agree more. Are they in a band or something? What makes FF casts great is the diversity so everybody has a character they can relate with or like the most. I'll be happy if they just add a female character, but I've never wanted skins in a game so bad.

Chilikar

To be fair, I think an MMO probably takes a lot more to develop in comparison with a regular Final Fantasy game. We're not talking about just one MMO either, they built a crappy one and then completely scrapped that in favour for a much more ambitious one

Also regardless of what some people say about FF13, I can personally say that Lightning Return's battle system is a whole lot more fun than people give it credit for

AESplusF

Eh, no console-specific RPG developers have made the transition to HD unscathed. It's just a massive undertaking to make a big, hand-crafted, HD rpg. All such undertakings so far have made significant compromises to world or story scope.

Sure, SE has been in internal turmoil for the last few years, and made some bad decisions. But this stuff didn't come out of nowhere, it was prompted by industry changes and new related design challenges. Now there are some signs of the ship's being righted. Give them a few years and see how things shake out before writing the epitaph.

Exactly.

They probably shouldn't have made two sequels to XIII, but I have the feeling that they were struggling and couldn't really afford to completely start from scratch at the time.

What we've seen since has been really promising, XIV made an incredible comeback, and XV is so incredibly ambitious and refreshing (and the complete antithesis of XIII). I'm really hoping they reveal FFXVI at E3 because it'll give them a bunch of momentum.

image.php
image.php

image.php
image.php

4 Falks . . . 4 updates confirmed!

In before someone actually believes this.

farisr

Why wouldn't it come?

Because according to this ATR, it's not set in stone.

They themselves called it a "half-baked announcement" because even though they've started work on it, they haven't gotten clearance or approval to actually distribute the update to us, because there's no precedent on doing such a thing for a demo. They were in talks.

It is a possibility that they may not get clearance to do so, and if that happens, they will have the updated version playable at events instead.

Free demo.

What if there is no other stuff done besides the Demo Content? Would be kinda hilarious after all that 60% done talk...

I'm on a blackout for this game so I didn't read much of the thread, so if anyone could answer this it would be great!

Will this just be an update for everyone with the demo already, or is it going to a stand alone demo?

Ishida

Banned
I'm on a blackout for this game so I didn't read much of the thread, so if anyone could answer this it would be great!

Will this just be an update for everyone with the demo already, or is it going to a stand alone demo?

Only for people who have the demo already. It will be a patch, not stand alone.

Ray Down

Banned
Perhaps each kingdom has signature colors and a sigil.

Plus each kingdom will have there own summon.

Nibelheim is most likely Bahamut.

Free update to those that have the demo.

Exactly.

They probably shouldn't have made two sequels to XIII, but I have the feeling that they were struggling and couldn't really afford to completely start from scratch at the time.

What we've seen since has been really promising, XIV made an incredible comeback, and XV is so incredibly ambitious and refreshing (and the complete antithesis of XIII). I'm really hoping they reveal FFXVI at E3 because it'll give them a bunch of momentum.

Agreed, but I don't want the XVI announcement until there's a real, firm release date for XV, which I'm betting we won't get until post E3.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Didn't realize Gamescom was only 6 weeks after E3. Not expecting much outside a bigger trailer with 2016 at the end of it now.

ChouGoku

Is it still possible to get the demo? I kind of want to get it, but I kind of want to wait until the full game comes out (lol). Maybe I should get it to at least have some taste of what couldve been like PT

jiggle

Is it still possible to get the demo? I kind of want to get it, but I kind of want to wait until the full game comes out (lol). Maybe I should get it to at least have some taste of what couldve been like PT
Nope
All gone
They totally under-shipped the 1st shipment!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
You mean for E3 right?
What then for GC, some live gameplay like past ATRs?

If it's anything like E3 2009 - where they kicked off marketing for FF13 in full - there will be a lengthy trailer with a release year at the end. And maybe some closed doors press demo/interviews.

theofficefan99

Not really sure why 6 weeks makes such a humongous difference, especially with a story-oriented trailer (which they desperately need) like the E3 2013 one.

Philippo

If it's anything like E3 2009 - where they kicked off marketing for FF13 in full - there will be a lengthy trailer with a release year at the end. And maybe some closed doors press demo/interviews.

Oh yeah now i remember, E3 trailer and first english screens/impressions from GC. I just hope we'll see a bit more in august.

Bousf

I am strongly convinced
aka I desperately need this to happen
of the fact that we'll get a lengthy trailer with release window and the game will enter full promotion stage this year.

I wonder if Sony's decision to re-schedule their press conference to PGW will influence the moment XV enters that stage. Versus became XV on a Sony press conference.....maybe they will want to start the final run towards release on a Sony press conference as well.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I am strongly convinced
aka I desperately need this to happen
of the fact that we'll get a lengthy trailer with release window and the game will enter full promotion stage this year.

I wonder if Sony's decision to re-schedule their press conference to PGW will influence the moment XV enters that stage. Versus became XV on a Sony press conference.....maybe they will want to start the final run towards release on a Sony press conference as well.

Tokyo Game Show will happen first, with Sony's usually Japanese press conference near the first week of September.

Bousf

Tokyo Game Show will happen first, with Sony's usually Japanese press conference near the first week of September.
True, that may be the spot chosen. The whole "FFXV will change the home console tides in Japan" thing adds up to them choosing to go all out during their event.

Since the development is so open this time around, we can expect to get an English version of the trailer if it all goes down at TGS..

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
True, that may be the spot chosen. The whole "FFXV will change the home console tides in Japan" thing adds up to them choosing to go all out during their event.

Since the development is so open this time around, we can expect to get an English version of the trailer if it all goes down at TGS..

This is what I've been thinking as well. FFXV is going to be a pivotal piece of TGS. It has to be. The pressure riding on it to help deliver Japanese sales is immense.

HeelPower

I hope when FFXV enters full promotion =/= We're gonna spoil and overexpose the shit out of the game...Including the final boss and Ignis' betrayal/death.

Geg

I was just at my local Best Buy yesterday and they still had day one editions of Type-0. They probably won't go away for a while

Sorry guys,
I just want to know when is the demo v.2 coming out,
sorry If I didn't read any other post or the OP.

anyone know or give me a good guess?
also since I know most of you probably own type-0
have they patched the camera or talk about patching the motion blurr some people have been complaining about, including me of course.

TLDR: motion blurr patch out for Type-0 , episode duscae v2 out yet?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
E3 is packed for SE, really. Huge Eidos showing, Heavensward media push, etc.

I get a gut feeling they'll be showing more JRPGs than their past E3 conferences. Hopefully something like their E3 2006 conference at least. :/

Top Bottom