• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae 2.0 coming in May | Trailer at E3, more at Gamescom

Every time I think about FFXV, I can't help but be concerned by world design. I'm so burned out with open world and the things that come along with it (fetch quests, collectathon, padding). At this point, I'm not even that excited for Witcher 3, let alone this game, although I want to.

Currently I'm itching for more of a linear experience, more handcrafted level and quest.
I don't see how it'll be any different from any previous FF.

I'll say it again. It doesn't need to be treated this way. Change the gender of one of the boys and keep it the same. Treat that female character as if she's a human being and not a gender stereotype that must be treated differently.

It's a bit too late for that...several years too late.

I'll say it again. It doesn't need to be treated this way. Change the gender of one of the boys and keep it the same. Treat that female character as if she's a human being and not a gender stereotype that must be treated differently.

I think you just should look other game to play then. They won't change their concept because some people are bitching about the lack of a woman in the party. They were always clear about this, it's a game about a road trip featuring four friends guys. If you don't like it don't try to change it, just go play something else.

I still think it's hilarious that people here are so out of touch with the audience for Japanese games that they think that the all-male party is the developers pandering to the male audience. Do you guys also think that the Neptunia and Senran Kagura series are targeted at females because all playable characters in those games are girls?

The only way the main party could pander to fangirls harder is if they were canonically gay/bi. If anything Cindey's design is them throwing a bone to the male audience in light of that.

Falk

that puzzling face
You know, both Wan Hazmer and I coincidentally were visiting back to Malaysia at the same time, earlier this month. Met up for an actual meet-up rather than a passing greeting at events like PAX East, sat down, had a drink.

Turns out we used to live about 3 blocks from each other, went to the same high school, worked part time at the same shopping mall, geeked over the same rhythm games. I guess eventually we both left Malaysia around the same time, ended up on opposite sides of the planet working on the same game.

It was quite a bizarre and hilarious chat.

On topic, 2.0 is going to be a pretty big deal.

Mr. RHC

You know, both Wan Hazmer and I coincidentally were visiting back to Malaysia at the same time, earlier this month. Met up for an actual meet-up rather than a passing greeting at events like PAX East, sat down, had a drink.

Turns out we used to live about 3 blocks from each other, went to the same high school, worked part time at the same shopping mall, geeked over the same rhythm games. I guess eventually we both left Malaysia around the same time, ended up on opposite sides of the planet working on the same game.

This is a fascinating story, a quite astonishing coincidence.

Hopeford

Kind of an aside, but can you still access the demo if you buy Type-0 right now or was it a preorder thing? I didn't have a ps4 back when the demo came out and I was thinking of buying Type-0. Not that the demo will factor that much in whether I buy the game or not, but I was kinda curious.

Kind of an aside, but can you still access the demo if you buy Type-0 right now or was it a preorder thing? I didn't have a ps4 back when the demo came out and I was thinking of buying Type-0. Not that the demo will factor that much in whether I buy the game or not, but I was kinda curious.

If you get a day-1 version of the game you can get the code (I think digital just stopped coming with the code... Or maybe there's one more day for that, idk).

They overshipped a bit on the day 1 versions of Type-0, so it shouldn't be that hard to find.

Geg

Physical day one editions of Type-0 should still be around, I saw a bunch at best buy a couple of weeks ago. I don't think you can get it from buying the digital game anymore though

If you can find a (new) copy of it that says it has the code, then yeah. The codes don't expire until next year.

Koozek

Haha, awesome.

Well, I think it's a good idea that I haven't played the demo yet. Will do with my FF buddies when the update comes, mhmm. Though, I'm still not sure if I want to play it myself so as not to "destroy" the feeling of playing it for the first time ever after all these years :D Hell, maybe I won't even watch it in person and just let my friends play with my account on their PS4. Ach, can't decide.

Hopeford

If you can find a (new) copy of it that says it has the code, then yeah. The codes don't expire until next year.

If you get a day-1 version of the game you can get the code (I think digital just stopped coming with the code... Or maybe there's one more day for that, idk).

They overshipped a bit on the day 1 versions of Type-0, so it shouldn't be that hard to find.

Got it, thanks guys. I'll look into that then!

Top Bottom