• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Jump Festa 2015 Trailer

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
DUAL AUDIO IN THE DEMO, YESSSS.

FTgmrZI.gif

Shredderi

We really are going off the dubbing based on a couple of scenes?

Well some people are saying that the dub is good based on a couple of scenes too. We'll discuss things based on the information available to us at any given time. It is too premature to make any final judgements about the quality of the dub in either way of course. The performance on show here in this trailer didn't impress me though and usually the actors don't suddenly get better at acting later in the game.

SoulUnison

Banned
"...Blasted into oblivion!?"

That line reeked a bit of "never say die." Kind awkward.

Looks beautiful, though. Will get a PS4 for this unless it comes to PC.

Hastati

I think the trailer was pretty great, got to see a ton of new locations and tidbits of plot. But I really agree that SE needs to hire some better voice actors for such a high profile game. I don't know why so may licensed games insist on using the same anime dub studios that everyone else uses, there are a ton of fantastic voice actors out there who, while more expensive, would really add a lot to this game.

That being said, I didn't like all of the Japanese voices, either. I think direction is part of the problem, they just sound really hokey in some scenes.

KoopaTheCasual

Yooooooo! That was hype as hell!

Agree that the lack of lip sync was super awkward. As in the past, it will be fixed for release, but that's not really something you should put in promotional trailers. Should have just kept it in Japanese. Everything else was ace.
Glad to see the car transformed back into Cor.
Car Leonis will never die.

The voices seem improved from the previous trailer. It's not amazing, but it's better than FFXIII to me. The actual game looks great, just overall a great trailer.

Furyous

I'm going to be that guy and point out that female mechanic is horribly dressed. That's possibly a minor gripe as this game is in the early stages of development. Hopefully we can get rid of the HUD while in towns. It's cool that we can physically hide from monsters now.

This game already feels better on the surface than 13. It'd better feel this way due to the development time and is a good sign moving forward. Is this exclusive to PS4? It shouldn't be given the development time on this game because it allows Squeenix to sell more copies and earn more off these assets. The eventual making of this game and behind-the-scenes minutia will be epic it releases at some point.

JoJoSono

Banned
The voices sounded fine to me. Then again FF's dubs have been pretty good. XII and XIII were better in English. So no complaints for me. Noctis sounds like a rash royal dude.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Seriously what is up with SE games and their awful voice acting work...

Dual audio would be great. Not sure how I'm feeling about the voice work. Music is great, as it has been with this game from what I've heard. However, the IQ is awful. I hope they fix that up in the final version. The game looks to be running at a sub-1080p resolution.

wmlk

The voices sounded fine to me. Then again FF's dubs have been pretty good. XII and XIII were better in English. So no complaints for me. Noctis sounds like a rash royal dude.

I really can't understand what Ignis is saying.

Prompto sounds wonderful.

Mik317

Dub sounds fine for me...except maybe Noctis...who I'll admit I expected to be Yuri Lowenthall...because obvious reasons lol.

I don't care tho...just get the goddam game out.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Seriously what is up with SE games and their awful voice acting work...
Yep, the fifth time watching the trailer and the voices just sound bad to me. Why would that one guy have an english accent if he's from the same kingdom? ._. Some strange cinematography choices as well.

Top Bottom