• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Jump Festa 2015 Trailer

Go_Ly_Dow

"YM:Yes, everything within view can be explored."

YqnVES8.jpg

adding to this the moon has been a recurring piece of imagery even dating back to the first trailer in 2006.

Philippo

Niflheim's stealing crystals to awake the Goddess who is sleeping on the moon, mpther of all summons.
Party travels to the moon to stop them and fight the Goddess
Lightning

wmlk

I'd like to see the moon imagery used in the same way as the Versus XIII trailers in an upcoming FFXV trailer. :/

Philippo

Falk tell me (if you can answer): does the game has a proper battle theme, or is it more like FFXII where you just fight with the area theme on the background?

"YM:Yes, everything within view can be explored."

YqnVES8.jpg

Funny in the interview with Kitase and Sakaguchi regarding Mevius Final Fantasy, Sakaguchi nudged Kitase about including a moon and having people travel to it. I agree with the Gooch! Love interplanetary/celestial body travel. FFXIII, with Pulse and Cocoon, felt like a missed opportunity in that regards. So yes, moon travels in FFXV, do it!!! Love me some MOONZ!

Falk

that puzzling face
Missed opportunity? But Cocoon was literally Pulse's moon. The twist was that you started on the moon and went down to the (tiny in-game lol) planet instead of the other way around.

TheTux

Funny in the interview with Kitase and Sakaguchi regarding Mevius Final Fantasy, Sakaguchi nudged Kitase about including a moon and having people travel to it. I agree with the Gooch! Love interplanetary/celestial body travel. FFXIII, with Pulse and Cocoon, felt like a missed opportunity in that regards. So yes, moon travels in FFXV, do it!!! Love me some MOONZ!

Is there a link with that interview fully translated? I'd like to read it.

its so obvious that this guy will betray his brother(?) (King Lucis)

ieb74ek5ej_51b7a7e1_finalfantasyxvunknown4.png

I've been thinking about this point for a little while

Remember in the 2011 Versus trailer when Regis says: (turn on English subtitles)

(paraphrasing) "I see, you were just using [me? it?]. I will not relinquish the title of king to anyone. I will leave my name as the last king in history." and then in English the screen flashes "A gift of love from the last king"

We always assumed he was speaking to Noctis, but what if he was speaking to Uncle-san (a character who had not been revealed yet) ?

Mario007

Remember in the 2011 Versus trailer when Regis says: (turn on English subtitles)

(paraphrasing) "I will not relinquish the title of king to anyone. I will leave my name as the last king in history." and then in English the screen flashes "A gift of love from the last king"

We always assumed he was speaking to Noctis, but what if he was speaking to Uncle-san (a character who had not been revealed yet) ?
Nomura actually clarified that he wasn't speaking to Noctis in that scene.

Asd202

(paraphrasing) "I see, you were just using [me? it?]. I will not relinquish the title of king to anyone. I will leave my name as the last king in history." and then in English the screen flashes "A gift of love from the last king"

So Noctis is not really "that" important :p. Seems like he's not even in line to be the next king.

HMD

(paraphrasing) "I will not relinquish the title of king to anyone. I will leave my name as the last king in history." and then in English the screen flashes "A gift of love from the last king"

I'm loving the double betrayal vibe, Uncle-san teams up with stella's father against the king, while stella/luna is forced to marry Uncle-san... which explains why Noctis was worried about her.

Asd202

I'm loving the double betrayal vibe, Uncle-san teams up with stella's father against the king, while stella/luna is forced to marry Uncle-san... which explains why Noctis was worried about her.

Hmm why would Stella/Luna be forced to marry? If he's Regis brother he's royal blood he doesn't need to marry to be king.

HMD

Hmm why would Stella/Luna be forced to marry? If he's Regis brother he's royal blood he doesn't need to marry to be king.

So that her family/kingdom can get a part of that crystal/throne.

I'm assuming Stella/Luna's father is that white cloak gun wielding guy, otherwise my whole theory wouldn't be possible.

So that her family/kingdom can get a part of that crystal/throne.

I'm assuming Stella/Luna's father is that white cloak gun wielding guy, otherwise my whole theory wouldn't be possible.

Idola seems to be from Niflheim, Stella is from Tenebrae. I don't believe the two are blood related but things may have changed.

TheTux

Thanks

I think it was confirmed by Nomura that Regis was not talking to Noctis.

Missed opportunity? But Cocoon was literally Pulse's moon. The twist was that you started on the moon and went down to the (tiny in-game lol) planet instead of the other way around.
I think it was a missed opportunity due to the limitations. You didn't get to explore Cocoon in it's entirety, nor Pulse in it's entirety. It's similar to FFIX's
Terra
, in that regard(which was MORE limiting in exploration). What I mean is a fully explorable moon(or an additional world altogether). Though, given the themes, I wouldn't be against an "World of Death/Afterlife World" or "Dream World" being a "thing" ripe to explore. The thought of an explorable "afterlife" world makes me think of Rudora no Hihou(Treasure of the Rudras) were
one of the main characters actually dies and must traverse the underworld(the world of the departed) to find a way back to the mortal world of the living.

Setsu00

Nomura confirmed in an interview after the 2011 trailer was released that Regis does NOT speak with Noctis.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
So new scenes from XV leaked, Cidney redesign confirmed!
Kappa

B5vGgSNCMAA2Xlp.jpg:large

Source: https://twitter.com/HolyLain/status/548250038498263040/photo/1

I like the redesign(even though i didn't mind the older design at all) Where is the video for that apparent redesign? We need hard footage or else its just BS

If that's a real redesign and not a mockup, i hope it stays consistent for every region. Don't just 'censor' something for 'western sensibilities' , keep it consistent in the actual design of the game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I like the redesign(even though i didn't mind the older design at all)

If that's a real redesign and not a mockup, i hope it stays consistent for every region. Don't just 'censor' something for 'western sensibilities' , keep it consistent in the actual design of the game.

it's fake.

Mr. RHC

I like the redesign(even though i didn't mind the older design at all)

6CbxaPc.jpg

Mr. RHC

I wonder if the group will force all the guest characters to change to black clothes to hang out with them : o

lol, I like this idea!

Kappa is the worst thing ever.

It's not an indicator that your statement is witty. It's an indicator you think your own statement is witty.

Pretty much like liking your own facebook posts.

One does not simply define its meaning, Kappa is life.

rambis

Banned
Maybe discussed before but how does this compare to AGNIS?
http://www.agnisphilosophy.com/en/

Those pretty material shaders(glass, metal) are definitely M.I.A or at least toned back, the cloth physics don't seem as fluid, and there's a lack of particle vomit(for better or worse).

In XV, I think the lighting model is a bit better and geometry seems to hold up nice. IQ wise I think its a wash cause AGNI definitively had some funky filters going. Also the animation system in XV seems top notch.

Visually I think XV is a 1000x more interesting the AGNIs.

Top Bottom