• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Jump Festa 2015 Trailer

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
it's fake.

Really? That's too bad. Again, I don't mind the old design, but that mock up made the character look a bit more 'in her element', and anything to have the game's tone be taken more seriously is a plus in my book.

HeelPower

From one extreme to the other \eyeroll

Extreme ?

There is nothing extreme about this 'redesign'.

People like her are more likely to wear this outfit than her former one.

that mock up made the character look a bit more 'in her element'

Said it better than I could.

That's exactly why I like this mock up and I didn't really mind her old one.

This definitely makes her seem more serious.

Mr. RHC

Guys, plz, of course it is a mock up. I linked you to the source.

rvFg1bT.png

Some will like it, I feel pretty indifferent about it, honestly. Both designs are cool.

DeSolos

Maybe discussed before but how does this compare to AGNIS?
http://www.agnisphilosophy.com/en/

Those pretty material shaders(glass, metal) are definitely M.I.A or at least toned back, the cloth physics don't seem as fluid, and there's a lack of particle vomit(for better or worse).

In XV, I think the lighting model is a bit better and geometry seems to hold up nice. IQ wise I think its a wash cause AGNI definitively had some funky filters going. Also the animation system in XV seems top notch.

Visually I think XV is a 1000x more interesting the AGNIs.

Overall there is a lot of give and take. Luminous has improved a lot since 2012, but Agni was running on a PC.

The lighting model is definitely the biggest improvement. FFXV never really gets washed out like Agni did. The material system is actually better as it is a physically based renderer. The only thing PBR approaches still have difficulty with are transparent materials as they are usually using a differed rendering path. So glass and shallow water can be a bit of a challenge to get just right. Additionally the skin shader in FFXV is much further ahead than the one in Agni.

I think considering that FFXV is an open world game on console, and that Agni was just a tech demo on a high end PC, FFXV is doing an incredible job.

farisr

The demo has a dual language setting, and they're attempting to do the same with the final game.

The final game should have full lip sync as the FFXIII games managed it for both ingame cutscenes and FMVs(one of the few things they did right).

I'm really wondering how the lipsync for both would even be possible. Sure the in-game stuff, it really won't take up all that much space, and could just use two sets of parameters/instructions on how to display the mouth movements to go along with the audio, but would there really be enough space on the disc to have two different sets of cgi cutscenes with lipsync for both languages?

DeSolos

I'm really wondering how the lipsync for both would even be possible. Sure the in-game stuff, it really won't take up all that much space, and could just use two sets of parameters/instructions on how to display the mouth movements to go along with the audio, but would there really be enough space on the disc to have two different sets of cgi cutscenes with lipsync for both languages?

For CG it literally is just having two versions of every scene. FFXIII's Japanese language data was 20GB in the PC version on steam(as is the English data). Which is why the download is 60GB.

I think they may just have to do it as DLC, but it probably would only be free for a short time as I don't think MS or Sony will host free DLC that is that large forever for a 3rd party publisher.

TheTux

For CG it literally is just having two versions of every scene. FFXIII's Japanese language data was 20GB in the PC version on steam(as is the English data). Which is why the download is 60GB.

I think they may just have to do it as DLC, but it probably would only be free for a short time as I don't think MS or Sony will host free DLC that is that large forever for a 3rd party publisher.

Well, I wouldn't say "for free", they get a slice of game sales (+ probably licenses and dev kits but that's not my point).

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
They should probably think about going mostly realtime with cutscenes like FF13-2 and LR instead of hosting 20 million video files like FF13

That will save on space and effort. That way, when it comes to cutscenes, you just have a different algorithm for the japanese version so the lipsynch comes with the japanese voices instead of having to rehost the japanese video file version of every english scene.

Its just a suggestion folks, dont jump down my throat about it

XV looks amazing, but so far nothing has been able to match this.

original_k.jpg

The draw distance, lighting, etc are superior in Agni. I hope XV has some cities and landscapes like this.

Philippo

Guys, plz, of course it is a mock up. I linked you to the source.

rvFg1bT.png

Some will like it, I feel pretty indifferent about it, honestly. Both designs are cool.

I like it, seems more believable although i don't mind the original.

But gimme dat cleavage anyday

Pimpwerx

I'll lol if they redesign Cid's design to have pants and a full top. What a crock of shit that would be. Who the hell wants practical in a fantasy game? PEACE.

TheTux

They should probably think about going mostly realtime with cutscenes like FF13-2 and LR instead of hosting 20 million video files like FF13

That will save on space and effort. That way, when it comes to cutscenes, you just have a different algorithm for the japanese version so the lipsynch comes with the japanese voices instead of having to rehost the japanese video file version of every english scene.

Its just a suggestion folks, dont jump down my throat about it
They already know this.

By the way the original Cidney is just better in my opinion.

People are thinking that the edit is real? =P

It doesn't even look that good though.

And it's not a better design.

That (flipped) image of Accordo is CG.

Still, I think when we see Accordo for the first time in game it'll be a defining moment in video game graphics. That city is going to be a showcase.

I don't think they will be doing a shot like this with in game graphics. It would either look like shit or the framerate would be like 1FPS.

But yeah, I wonder if everything in that city will be in game, since that city probably gets destroyed and all...

XV looks amazing, but so far nothing has been able to match this.

original_k.jpg

The draw distance, lighting, etc are superior in Agni. I hope XV has some cities and landscapes like this.
Wasn't that scene just pure CG FMV? Of course it has great lighting and draw distance, it isn't in game. Besides, the real-time demo was just a tech demo, nothing more, nothing less. Tech demos like Agni are supposed to show the best what a certain console or engine can accomplish, but also what it CAN'T accomplish. Luminous CAN accomplish that, but probably never because you have to work in other factors. A movie or programmable sequences is one thing, a full fledged game with explorable areas, NPCs, story progression, mini-games, yadda yadda yadda, just unrealistic unless you want another ultra linear hallway simulator that looks pretty, but sacrifices freedom for the sake of that "pretty".

And personally speaking, I was never fond of the look of Agni's world. Don't care for the look of the favela, nor the ultra cyber metropolis in the distances, the costume design(feathers... urgh) and the lightning effects(thought it looked a little off). I'm glad nothing came of this.

AlucardGV

Banned
This is much better. Hell she's even more sexy with those pants IMO.

stop with the objectification pls

People are thinking that the edit is real? =P

It doesn't even look that good though.

And it's not a better design.
eh, internet scream because female skimpy dressed mechanic.
i wonder what was their reaction with the countless male top-naked/sleeveless shirt mechanic trope you see on tv

Stark

Banned
I don't think they will be doing a shot like this with in game graphics. It would either look like shit or the framerate would be like 1FPS.

But yeah, I wonder if everything in that city will be in game, since that city probably gets destroyed and all...

It's totally possible considering they've been doing shots like that with Insomnia since the Versus days. Things have improved since Ebony.

It's not like all of it was or will be destroyed. Just a few buildings and they shouldn't worry about little details like that since they said not everything is destructible.

It's totally possible considering they've been doing shots like that with Insomnia since the Versus days. Things have improved since Ebony.

It's not like all of it was or will be destroyed. Just a few buildings and they shouldn't worry about little details like that since they said not everything is destructible.

The only real time shot I remember was that camera moving all crazy around Insomnia during the 2011 trailer (during the night and never showing the full city like this).

I hope I'm wrong and they blow me away again (I certainly did not expect cities to be like they showed in this trailer). But I don't know, it seems pretty hard...

Also, I think they meant not everything is destructible in gameplay, not set pieces. But yeah, scraping off one of the most beautiful cities like this for a set piece seems like a waste, I hope only a part of it is destroyed, I really want to walk around Accordo.

eh, internet scream because female skimpy dressed mechanic.
i wonder what was their reaction with the countless male top-naked/sleeveless shirt mechanic trope you see on tv

Go look at the Mevius thread =P

Bousf

Cidney is awesome just the way she is, no need to wrap her up in blankets, her design is going to stay just as it is, and I for one will enjoy it (don't take this to the cleavage though, I like the whole design lol)

DeSolos

And personally speaking, I was never fond of the look of Agni's world. Don't care for the look of the favela, nor the ultra cyber metropolis in the distances, the costume design(feathers... urgh) and the lightning effects(thought it looked a little off). I'm glad nothing came of this.

Totally agree. Nothing about Agni felt appealing to me.

In many ways it looked like it was trying to grasp at things FFVersus XIII was trying to do with a "fantasy based on reality", but it was too detached from reality so it missed the mark. I got the same vibes from the
"America"
section of Star Ocean IV. It felt like "what Japanese think
America's military
is like from memory without any reference material taken into account". I don't know how better to articulate that feeling, but it feels like ignorant design.

That aesthetic just doesn't hold a candle to the way FFXV has been handling their art direction. If Agni is ignorant design, I'd call FFXV reverent design. Where it clearly shows a good understanding of and respect for the reference material.

Manu

Cidney is awesome just the way she is, no need to wrap her up in blankets, her design is going to stay just as it is, and I for one will enjoy it (don't take this to the cleavage though, I like the whole design lol)

And it's not like FF had skimpy, impractical designs for female characters before.

So fitting for a queen.

(I love Rosa's design, but still)

Top Bottom